Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Medals
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,695

Clemson Medals

Nov 27, 2018, 6:27 PM

My father-in-law passed away November !4th. He was 97 and as he said, A Graduate of Clemson A&M College. He was a Hard core Tiger to the end. He was a Heisman Donor and Loved Clemson. Anyway while going thru His Stuff we found these 2 Medals. We think the First was for the Rifle Team. We really don't know about the other. Just wondering If @Joe21® or anyone else might know. Thanks for any help> Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson Medals

Nov 27, 2018, 6:29 PM

#2 looks like an Army Good conduct medal. Not sure if cadets used to receive it as well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Condolences & Salute to a special Clemson Man!

Nov 27, 2018, 6:32 PM

Please share His name, class & major and other neat facts!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Condolences & Salute to a special Clemson Man!

Nov 27, 2018, 7:08 PM

His Name was Martin B. Tiller Class of 1943, His Degree was in Mechanical Engineering! He worked His whole life with SCE&G. He retired in 1982. I have been married to His daughter for 50 years. He had to miss Homecoming in 1968 for our Wedding. He wasn't happy but forgave me sometime last year. I was a Carolina fan and He taught me How to be a Tiger. I have been a member of IPTAY 45 years. His last request to me was to put in his little notebook, the time for the Duke and South Carolina games and on
and what Channel. Thanks to everyone for their replies. The Medals were together and we both just thought Clemson. Thanks again and Go Tigers!LightBulbbBill

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here you go, fin.

Nov 27, 2018, 6:36 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_Good_Conduct_Medal

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2018, 6:56 PM

I don't recognize the first one nor have I ever seen an Army Medal that looks like that. The second one is the Army Good Conduct Medal which apparently means at some time he served in the Army. His age certainly indicates he would have served during WW2. Do you have any record of his service? If he served during WW2 he should have additional medals even if did not leave the states.

Search through his personal items and look for a copy of his discharge. This is an extremely important document. If you cannot find a copy of his discharge or other medals, visit the office of your County Veterans Affairs and they will provide you info re getting a copy of his discharge. His discharge will list those medals which he has earned and personnel in most Veterans Affairs office will assist you in obtaining those medals.

If you do obtain the medals, I would suggest you have them mounted. There is a company in Fountain Inn (I believe it is Medals of America) that will mount these medals in a shadow box. They did an excellent job on mine.

Good luck on your search and let us know if you have problems. The Veterans Affairs office is your best source for info and assistance.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2018, 7:21 PM

Joe21® The Medals on His Discharge papers list the Amer.Thea Serv. Medal, Good conduct Medal, and the World War 2 Victory Medal. I can't imagine where the Medals are. He was the most organized Man I have ever known. He didn't think he was a Veteran like the ones that fought and died. He went to Japan but didn't feel He was like the others! He was a helluva Man and I don't know what we'll do without out Him! Thanks for your comments!

Nov 27, 2018, 7:34 PM

Condolences, and thank you for sharing some of his story.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank God for men like your father-in-law and...

Nov 27, 2018, 7:26 PM

...and I thank him for his service. May he rest in peace. Condolences to your family.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Awesome. Condolences and respect to him.

Nov 27, 2018, 7:40 PM

Love the old Clemson purple and gold ribbon.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,695
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic