Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Compassionate hypocrites?...........
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Compassionate hypocrites?...........

Apr 13, 2019, 6:50 AM

To relieve the congestion at the southern border, President Trump has come up with a great idea. He wants to load all these illegals on buses and drop them off in sanctuary cities. Guess who is threatening to sue to stop him from doing this. You got it, the sanctuary cities. What a bunch of hypocrites. They really don't want them in their cities either.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's called a 'border' for a reason...

Apr 13, 2019, 6:59 AM

It's not an entrance.

When we're more concerned about the entitlement of immigrants at the expense of our own citizens' welfare, we have the wrong leadership in power. If your representative has supported illegal immigration, vote him/her out. If your representative has remained mute on the topic...vote him/her out. Inaction IS action...silence IS a response. Ambivalence IS a position. Any representative guilty of any of the three isn't worthy of the office they hold. Use your vote...or lose your voice. It's not complicated.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's called a 'border' for a reason...

Apr 13, 2019, 8:55 AM

Amen

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every one of our citizens are descendants of immigrants,

Apr 13, 2019, 12:47 PM [ in reply to It's called a 'border' for a reason... ]

even native Americans.

Immigration is one of the things that makes America great. Compassion for those in need has always been another quality of our Country. The vast majority of the immigrants who come to the United States are attempting to do so legally.

If we are not careful in how we handle these men, women and children, we will be looked upon as a nation without a conscious.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Every one of our citizens are descendants of immigrants,

Apr 13, 2019, 5:09 PM

This is an invasion--Illegal immigration hurts a nation. A nation without borders ceases to be a nation-unless you are a democrat who sees votes.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with illegal aliens.

Apr 13, 2019, 6:02 PM [ in reply to Every one of our citizens are descendants of immigrants, ]

I grow weary of that tired old rhetoric and it's not related to the situation, conditions or our law today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Every one of our citizens are descendants of immigrants,

Apr 14, 2019, 10:57 PM [ in reply to Every one of our citizens are descendants of immigrants, ]

The vast majority are trying to do so legally? You're insane.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's called a 'border' for a reason...

Apr 13, 2019, 1:31 PM [ in reply to It's called a 'border' for a reason... ]

Amen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And this is football related how?***

Apr 13, 2019, 7:00 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Parking lot loitering?

Apr 13, 2019, 7:07 AM

Granted, that's mostly a Willy Brice thing...but...

One of the sanctuary cities is San Francisco

Apr 13, 2019, 7:16 AM [ in reply to And this is football related how?*** ]

near where the NC game was played and coincidentally
where Nancy Pelosi is from.

It's like George Carlin said. Some people want strict
law enforcement for criminals and compassionate concern
for immigrants,but they have NIMBY - Not In My Back Yard.

Message was edited by: BigAl31®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And this is football related how?***

Apr 13, 2019, 7:59 AM [ in reply to And this is football related how?*** ]

Maybe there are some good punters and fg kickers in the mix. I think that was his point.

We could always use a good punter and fg kicker. Oh wait,

Apr 13, 2019, 8:00 AM

I see what you did there . . .

Re: And this is football related how?***

Apr 13, 2019, 11:53 AM [ in reply to And this is football related how?*** ]

Think of the border as the line of scrimmage and the ball has already been snapped.

Re: Compassionate hypocrites?...........

Apr 13, 2019, 7:22 AM

The Demoncrats don't want them in their exclusive liberal districts. They want the illegals in red states so that they can turn them into blue states. See how compassionate they are. The press is right there with them....

Apr 13, 2019, 7:33 AM

I don't often comment on these devisive-type threads , but today's a different day .
The way I see it is that both political parties in this country have worked very hard and very diligently to write the current laws that nobody seems to like , the laws that create this stuff in the first place . Blaming one side or the other on items like illegal immigration seems completely short sighted to me . They're both responsible for the mess and who else could we all blame but ourselves the voters , really ?
I am a firm proponent of legal immigration and fairness through lawful means toward all people who want to gain access to this great country .
I have had no problem with any " illegal " that I have ever met , or worked with , or employed . In my experience they are some of the hardest working , truthful and honest people I've ever been around . The fact that they're in a country illegally being their only black mark .
This current administration sometimes paints these folks in an unenviable light and while there are bad apples in every bunch I believe the rhetoric far exceeds the reality . This is not based on any study I have done or report I have read or on statistics handed down through congressional channels but through my own personal experience and observations of the matter . Illegal immigrants are not ruining America folks , and they're not taking jobs away from Americans en masse .
Hopefully both parties can come to some agreement and conclude these important issues in a timely manner , taking care to remember that the world and the American voters .... are watching .

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Well put TD!!!

Apr 13, 2019, 7:45 AM

Americans follow Democrat’s and Republicans like they are a football team. If it’s your team they can do no wrong and if they aren’t they can do no right. People turn off their brains anymore in the favor of following what their party leadership (who are hypocrites—as are you and I and everyone else—and corrupt) spews. It’s why we can’t have a conversation anymore it seems. You have the One side wearing gear from head to toe and a foam finger on one hand and a middle finger in the air on the other while the other side is dressed in their gear. Very unlikely to get a conversation out of this.

PS—I started to give the image of a coot fan vs Clemson fan but it fell apart when the Clemson fan had 3 replica Championship rings and the other guy didnt

Re: Well put TD!!!

Apr 13, 2019, 8:01 AM

That is absolutely correct!!! Well said!! I may copy and paste this on Facebook if you don't mind!

Re: Well put TD!!!

Apr 13, 2019, 9:53 AM

Indeed, Tug! The lack of resolution on topics is invaluable for politicians...they are talking points for re-election.

With respect to illegals here...let's not be blind. They're here on a 'wink and a nod'...going back to the 80's...if not further. They aren't the problem as, for sure, illegal 'bad apples' are no more than the domestic 'bad apples' we're harvesting here. Further, to Tug's point...they are generally very hard workers.

My post, for clarification, wasn't to foment hate...unless you're mad at your representative for drawing a healthy salary and 'doing nothing' to earn it. That's my issue...who's doing real work that represents the better interests of this country? I don't see it.

Apr 13, 2019, 8:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Compassionate hypocrites?........... ]

We need to change the asylum laws.

Apr 13, 2019, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Compassionate hypocrites?........... ]

### buy freaking ya.

Please stop the mindless "feeling" and start to think. You're country is dying right before your eyes...

Research history for the consequences of mass immigration on pay for the lower classes, the rapid depletion of the social infrastructure, and the conflict that is created from it. MS13 developed in Southern California as a survival structure for Salvadorans trying to compete to scratch out a living. ####... The Molly McGuires with the Irish were the same way. The NY draft riots with freed ex-slaves...same thing.

You don't have to live with the consequences of your feelings...I do. I live in South Texas and have to put up with it. ####!

Look...These people are being recruited and payed to come here (financially supported anyway) by people who want to break this country. It traces right back to a George Soros funded organization based in Chicago. Wake Up. You can learn all of this by just watching the News. And why would he do it, and why would the Democrats want it done? Are they stupid or evil? Check out the Naked Communist (45 goals of the communist party in America - circa 1962). This is not conspiracy theory, it is a strategy that has taken a generation to unfold...and it's getting near complete.

Sorry. This just fries my bacon, and I don't mean to sound like a jerk. But please please please think about why it is that a whole masses of people...who cannot afford to travel, just up and arrive at our border.

Apr 13, 2019, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Compassionate hypocrites?........... ]

It's our fault Dug. The Dems could have fixed immigration in 2010 and didn't. The Reps could have fixed immigration in 2016-17 but didn't.

The immigration laws are aweful and both parties are to blame.

For the past 15 years Congress has had an approval rating of less than 20%. But in the last 15 years Americans'have re-elected incumbents at 96%.

Everybody tells themselves that THEIR congressman or senator isn't the problem but it's "Washington".

Re-electing incumbents is how we have such an immigration mess, healthcare too expensive to use and pharmaceuticals to expensive to buy.

Ask your representative why it's still illegal for Medicaid, the largest drug purchaser in the world, funded by your tax dollars, to negotiate drug prices with the pharmaceutical companies?

Here's a hint...campaign contributions to both parties.

Apr 13, 2019, 7:57 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/Politics--Religion-97

Apr 13, 2019, 9:06 AM

This^^^

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Donald Trump: The Great White Hope

Apr 13, 2019, 9:41 AM

Haters gonna hate.

Apr 13, 2019, 12:31 PM

I once had a man from Mexico work for me. He had been in the US for some time, and he was a legal entrant. We struck up a conversation and he told me about why he came to be in our country. All the things we can imagine, like the poverty, hunger, and poor medical conditions, but one thing I didn't realize. The drug wars going on down there. He told me of two small villages that incurred the ire of the cartels and how a message was sent to other people that might oppose them. In one village every man, woman and child, right down to the smallest infant was slaughtered, and the other, all the adults were murdered, and the children left as orphans. It was then, that he decided one way or the other, he had to get his family out, And I don't blame him. It's the same thing any one of us would do to save our families.

I'm all for thelegal process of immigration. Immigration is what this country is, you know, give me your tired huddled masses, etc. Heck, I'm told my ancestors weren't really a welcome lot, way back when, so I'm thankful to God for what this country is. I do however, dislike the hypocrisy and there's enough of it on both sides of the politics. I wonder if anyone in Washington cares about those people at the border, other than to use them as a club to beat their political opponent with.

Apr 13, 2019, 1:43 PM

To all of you that are offering weak reasons trying to justify the Illegal Alien being in our country why don't you open up your spare bedroom up ant take a few in and support them. Every one that crosses the border is robbing you and me blind. They are being coached on how to game the system. They receive free medical care, welfare, free schooling, and God knows what else.

Every one that crossed our border illegally is a law breaker, ask the wife, mother, father, sister or brother that has had one of their loved ones raped, assaulted, and murdered by one of these gifts of love what they think of Illegal Aliens. I can assure you it wont be compassion and understanding.

I met a man from Texas who was working in South Carolina as an insurance adjuster several years ago. I asked him why he was in our area. He said I used to have a very profitable cement business in Texas and lost everything by working people who I thought were legally in the country. They had all the paper work and it passed muster. He said they worked hard during the day but stole everything he had at night. After the first burglary he secretly installed a surveillance system. He was broken into again and the system caught them and they were arrested. They were his employees, it turns out that all of their documentation was phony, and at their hearing they were released on bail. They immediately fled across the border into Mexico, never stood trial and he was out of over a million dollars worth of equipment and dead broke.

If you want in, come in the right way, assimilate, become a citizen and a good American.

Assimilate ?

Apr 13, 2019, 2:23 PM

Does the Borg have something to do with this ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

This genius didn’t have insurance? Kinda his fault.***

Apr 13, 2019, 5:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Compassionate hypocrites?........... ]

Nah...the insurance company would have called

Apr 13, 2019, 5:36 PM

It an 'act of war' and declined his claim.

Few if any politicians put anything above money, power and..

Apr 15, 2019, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Compassionate hypocrites?........... ]

being reelected so they can maintain that money and power. Even fewer than those are them who factor illegal aliens in that formula. I'd say that sample is zero. Dems politicians say they fight for the poor, they lie. Pubs politicians say they are conservative, they too lie. Both fight for their personal income. Politicians are bought and sold like chattel.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 13, 2019, 1:21 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 13, 2019, 2:13 PM

You are right. I am grumpy. I’m a taxpayer that is being forced to pay for all this “compassionate” #####.

Apr 13, 2019, 2:16 PM

I know i am forced to pay for your health care and all of the debt your freeloading generation left behind. Do you hear me moaning like a littlebitch on a football chat forum?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait I’m not paying for his blue pill am I? That’s some freaky #### right there.***

Apr 13, 2019, 2:38 PM

Did you expect our generation to stop social security...

Apr 15, 2019, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Compassionate hypocrites?........... ]

benefits when we paid into the program? You need to blame the dems of the 1920 and 1930 for this, we're as much victimized by the system as you so s-tfu and take it like a man. Your team started this SSshit 100 years ago and all of a sudden you start bitchingabout something we had and have no control over.

Ignoranass morons, you're dems leaders are all talking about doing this wonderful new program too put everyone on government healthcare benefits. You need to move your sorryass on the other side of the isle and put a stop to this stupidshit.

Dems are selling an expansion of the exact same thing you're bitchingabout.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

You don't know what you're talking about.

Apr 13, 2019, 7:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Compassionate hypocrites?........... ]

and it makes you angry.

Good stuff.

Apr 13, 2019, 2:28 PM

US Senate and House need to get to work. Legal immigration is great, illegal crossing of our border is not! Half time is over.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic