Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coming back home......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,769

Coming back home......

Sep 4, 2019, 11:04 PM

The first time I was in Death Valley was 1963. My father took me there and to the campus to show us what Clemson looked like at that time. He did not graduate from Clemson as the Army Air Corps took him on an all expenses paid vacation after his sophomore year. I have many fond memories from back then and I plan on taking my kids and grandchildren to the game, seeing Tillman Hall again, going by Mountain Creek Bapt Church, and going by the family cemetery.

I thought about going by the family farm, but there’s not much left to see now, so I think I’ll pass.

As for myself, son and sil, we graduated from a&m and I want to do a trip for them to show them where all the stories came from, and some are even true.

As we will be in Anderson for Friday, May I impose for recommendations for dinner that evening? With three small grandkids, it will need to be family friendly.

Thank you in advance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome back to God’s Country.***

Sep 4, 2019, 11:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Welcome home!!!!***

Sep 5, 2019, 1:42 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coming back home......

Sep 5, 2019, 1:50 AM

If it's got to be Anderson, I would recommend Tuckers. On Clemson Blvd, local place, fantastic food. J Peter's is a local chain right by the interstate that isn't terrible. Only served me spoiled eggs on a salad once in fact.

If you want food worth writing home about, Anderson isn't the place where you're going go find it. As someone from there, just go to Greenville. Stella's bistro in simpsonville, sweet Catherine's in fountain inn, the Trappe door downtown. Plus great restruants from Asheville like buscuit head and tupelo honey. Tuckers is great if you don't take that advice though.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2019, 10:31 AM

Biscuit heads fried green tomatoes biscuit is my jam

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2019, 10:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Coming back home...... ]

Thank you. We ate at Tucker’s and dinner was nice after a long day.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,769
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic