Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IMO, Jay Bilas is the best "authority" on college basketball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,022

IMO, Jay Bilas is the best "authority" on college basketball

Oct 16, 2018, 11:10 PM

of any of the talking heads. His opinions are generally based on fact and experience. Thats why I was kinda surprised how strongly his stance is on paying college athletes--particularly college basketball players.

The news that Zion Williamson wanted cash, housing and employment for his family to play for Duke made Jay's opinion of favoring player remuneration a little less shocking. Duke is finally caught red-handed, Bill Self @ Kansas is on audiotape confirming the payment details for a recruit, Louisville already parted company with Pitino (who incidentally has written a book claiming he knew nothing of paying recruitis).....the blue-blood list grows longer as the American public learns of the depths of corruption in the world of college basketball

All of us Tiger basketball fans should take a moment to drop a thank-you note or send a thank-you email to Coach Brownell for keeping the Clemson program out of the cesspool

(thanks for the soapbox)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IMO, Jay Bilas is the best "authority" on college basketball

Oct 16, 2018, 11:25 PM

Bills is a lawyer! I wouldn’t trust him for a second. He sounds better than the most BUT he is a paid rep for ESPN and a dookie(which is better than a TARHOLE). The ACC and other “blue bloods” are such a bunch of cheating SOB’s it is ridiculous!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IMO, Jay Bilas is the best "authority" on college basketball

Oct 16, 2018, 11:26 PM

Bilas

Can't stand the guy

Oct 17, 2018, 8:48 AM

Always talks with an air of self-righteousness and as if he's the only one who understands the topics he brings up. so annoying.

Blossomgame took some money as was stated in

Oct 17, 2018, 9:02 AM

a report. BB noted he spoke with Blossomgame and expressed his disappointment. So Clemson I guess is still in the clear, but not all of our recent players.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

College players should not get paid. Basketball should work

Oct 17, 2018, 10:06 AM

like baseball, let the ones who want money go right to the NBA and their D league.

Let the ones who want to play in college, follow the rules of college.

All the sports should go this way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Duke hasnt been caught

Oct 17, 2018, 10:12 AM

And will not be caught

For as long as we all shall live.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,022
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic