Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Oh No!!! Another ROY Bus headed to the ESPY'S!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,533

Oh No!!! Another ROY Bus headed to the ESPY'S!

Jul 10, 2019, 7:34 PM

Well, I think we're all on the ROY Bus with the Womens Soccer Team leading the way!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh No!!! Another ROY Bus headed to the ESPY'S!

Jul 10, 2019, 8:01 PM

They don't represent the USA, only themselves !!!

Jul 10, 2019, 8:25 PM

For the love of God drop all the hate for the soccer team. They represented the USA.

Jul 10, 2019, 9:36 PM

I guess you could be right if I hadn't heard any of the statements they have been making out side of the locker room. I believe that they should get equal pay as soon as they bring in equal revenue. If they are really wanting equal pay, they really should get in a profession where that could be possible bc, it will never happen in women's sports no matter how good they are!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2019, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Oh No!!! Another ROY Bus headed to the ESPY'S! ]

And they want equal PAY when they come up wayyyyyy short of bringing in equal money!!! I guess they feel that the men's winnings should be shared with them....

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2019, 8:25 PM

I know this isn’t a popular stance but i tend to agree with both statements. As proud as i am that the USA won, and happy for them, imo I do think they could have behaved better.

It’s overshadowed that they won by all the platform stuff and equal pay etc as well as stating how they weren’t going to the Whitehouse.

I ask myself if I’d been ashamed if CW42 or DW4 had of reacted that way or stated during the playoffs that they weren’t going to the wh... win it first. Celebrate USA and then after that if they want to promote issues- that’s fine.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2019, 8:33 PM

I really had no intentions of making any Political Statements. Was just watching the Bus on ESPN traveling to the ESPYS, and realized that no matter how many times I voted for the TIGERS for Best Team, this truly is a ROY situation! Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Jul 10, 2019, 8:54 PM

I knew where you were coming from. My comment to is the first and only time I’ve ever commented on it.

As well as agreed with you that no matter what anyone else did, if they won, they were a lock for the espys... I still think my Tigers accomplishment was more impressive. I equate their accomplishment on the same level as our nba winning gold in the Olympics.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2019, 9:53 PM

I just read that the soccer federation gave the women's teams some shut up money, but not equal to what the men are paid....

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/05/us-womens-national-soccer-team-federation-dispute

Collective bargaining agreement dictates their pay***

Jul 10, 2019, 10:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,533
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic