Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Danny Ford & Frank Howard together
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Danny Ford & Frank Howard together

Nov 6, 2018, 6:40 PM

There have been several posts this past week about how great this team's senior leadership is and how much fun it is watching the 2018 Tigers. Here's another stat that's hard to wrap your head around about how good these guys have been during their 4 years:

AP #1 Wins
*Class of 2018 = 1
*Ford+Howard = 0

AP Top 5 Wins
*Class of 2018 = 4
*Ford+Howard = 2

AP Top 10 wins
*Class of 2018 = 7
*Ford+Howard = 7

That's just crazy that these Seniors have been a part of as much high-end success as 2 of the best tenures in school history COMBINED.

Let's add another Tombstone & a couple of more milestones to their ridiculous achievements with a win over BC

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Danny Ford & Frank Howard together

Nov 6, 2018, 6:50 PM

Been meaning to ask, Is that photo shopped or did Reagan actually wear that Clemson sweatshirt after our 81 natty

Nov 6, 2018, 6:54 PM

Looks to me that he is holding it up.

Nov 6, 2018, 7:21 PM

The '81 National Champs visited the White House and presented Reagan with the shirt, of coarse with Strom Thurmond in attendance.

I visited the Reagan Library a few years ago and there was a section with a lot of his sports memorabilia, but I couldn't find that Clemson shirt.

If anyone is ever in LA and has an extra day, the Reagan Library is definitely worth visiting. His Air Force One and Marine One are on display in an indoor hangar with a huge glass wall overlooking the mountains and visitors are allowed to go into both of them.

Mr. and Mrs. Reagan are both buried there.

Nov 6, 2018, 7:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Danny Ford & Frank Howard together ]

Picture of him holding up the shirt they presented to him during the congratulatory visit to the WH. Not photoshopped.

Coach Howard was at a slight disadvantage.

Nov 6, 2018, 6:52 PM

During his early tenure Clemson, regardless of their record, was treated similarly to how Central Florida and South Florida are treated now. Because the school was small and relatively unknown of they were overlooked and considered less relevant than the larger more we’ll known of schools.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coach Howard was at a slight disadvantage.

Nov 6, 2018, 7:10 PM

Totally agree that there are different circumstances today, and that Dabo is building on the heritage established by Heisman, Cody, Neely, Howard, & Ford. They built a Top 20 program all-time over 100 years, and primed it for the right person to take it to the next level.

The post was not meant to diminish Ford or Howard, only to highlight exactly how high these seniors like CW, Renfrow, Hyatt, etc have climbed

Re: Coach Howard was at a slight disadvantage.

Nov 6, 2018, 8:25 PM [ in reply to Coach Howard was at a slight disadvantage. ]

Just a guess, but I feel the powers in cootlumbia made sure uscjr got more $$ annually.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic