Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coach Brownell is doing what he must
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

Coach Brownell is doing what he must

Jun 27, 2018, 6:47 AM

To build a PROGRAM not just a team. While this isn’t an excuse, living in the shadow of all Dabo has done must have seemed daunting and the constant reminders of his “constant failures” it is his time to shine. It is my opinion that he now embraces Dabo’ philosophy and last season shows he’s putting his own touches to it. Has he lost games he shouldn’t have? Without question. Has he had to deal with some extraordinary facilities/logistics problems that were beyond his control? Most definitely. While some question Dan Radakovich and his handling of the basketball situation, we must remember he is the same AD that has helped support and build a football juggernaut as well as a quickly rising baseball program. Why believe he won’t do the same for basketball? I look for a nationally relevant program going forward and quite frankly no coach, team or fan base deserves it more! Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coach Brownell is doing what he must

Jun 27, 2018, 8:20 AM

It is apparent that Coach Brownell is building his program steadily and his progress will continue to pay off even after next season. The new facilities are beginning to pay off in recruiting for both men's and women's basketball and hopefully both programs will achieve solid years of success.

Like football, basketball also needs steady recruiting, solid player development and good coaching overall to be successful. Brownell is respected by his peers and admittedly finally has secured a staff which can build upon our success last season. Those who complain about recruiting have overlooked the degree of staff turnover in the last five years in particular and those losses clearly impacted relationships and therefore recruiting. DRad has been patient and it paid off last season. Now Brownell needs to build upon it beyond two seasons in a row with post-season competition.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic