Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Closing the Estate
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 810

Closing the Estate

Jun 25, 2019, 10:22 PM

So Friday is the finality of it all in Western NC. We are selling my dads estate and closing everything related.

Really really sad and hitting home. Just another chapter in the life of being relatively young and losing both parents.

I will always cherish that mountain and land. He owned all the way to the top and we would camp out and look at downtown Asheville. During the day, you could use binoculars and see the Biltmore House too. You can now easily see the hotel.

No longer will it be mine to explore and share with my son. So so so hard, but it’s reality.

Thoughts and prayers and more thoughts as we head into Wed-Fri.

Thanks Homies

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm pretty sure at some point in their lives

Jun 25, 2019, 11:06 PM

your grandparents thought "You know someday our grandkids will sell all this off and the family will be somewhat comfortable for a couple of generations"

While it still sucks, you'll be eating the fruit off the trees they planted.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sucks. Sorry main.***

Jun 26, 2019, 7:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's been hard but our family land has remained intact

Jun 26, 2019, 9:56 AM

Within the family that is, for 120 years now. My part will be left to my sons one day. And when someone has a problem and needs to sell, the family gets together and they work it out. That's happened twice. Once in my lifetime.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our mega-valuable land in the highly sought after

Jun 26, 2019, 10:14 AM

Cherokee County was sold off a long time ago with my Great-Aunt needed some money. Kinda sucks, would be fun to go play over there. I am sure they sold it for a song and, currently, it aint worth too much, but it would still be nice to have.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

went through that a couple years ago

Jun 26, 2019, 10:02 AM

sold the house and land I had spent EVERY Thanksgiving and Christmas in my entire life. Every one. It was truly my "home", and can never be replaced.

It's a tough deal, but all chapters in life eventually end.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My grandmother's house got sold maybe 5-6 yrs ago

Jun 26, 2019, 1:00 PM

and I have a ton of great memories growing up there. From playing chase, catch, and hide n seek to getting chased with a hickory switch. Its still standing but all boarded up now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My Grandmother sold her place while she was still living.

Jun 26, 2019, 1:05 PM

None of my Uncles wanted it. My mom would have certainly lost it to a bank, and even the collective of all my cousins could have bought it. The new owners were kind enough to let some of the cousins look around the place when they came up for her funeral.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My grandmother passed before it was sold

Jun 26, 2019, 1:08 PM

My mom and her sister owned it. My mom's sister sued her for my mom's half and the family hasn't gotten along since. Before that we all spent every holiday together.

I sorta hope my parents sell their house while they are still living. It hold a ton of great memories for me and my kids and would be missed for sure but Id rather them sell it than it go to me and my brother.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My mother is getting up there in age and I wish she

Jun 26, 2019, 1:41 PM

would sell her place and move into something with less maintenance. At this point, she's not having it though. Its on the water and would move pretty fast, but I have no use for it as its out in the middle of nowhere. Memories of growing up there were good, but i'm okay with seeing it go to someone else. A house is just a house to me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That day will be coming my way, eventually.

Jun 26, 2019, 2:28 PM

Dad died last year, so mom lives all alone in the house we built over 40 years ago. It's a wonderful house and will always be "home". Once that day comes, going to Hartsville will take on a whole new meaning.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Sorry to hear that. I know it will be coming eventually for

Jun 26, 2019, 5:35 PM

me and my brother.

Out of curiousity, what is the reason for selling and not keeping it in the family? Just lack of use?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 810
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic