Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson vs. South Carolina Lamecocks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Clemson vs. South Carolina Lamecocks

Jul 22, 2019, 3:37 PM

I have given this a lot of thought (about 2 minutes) and cannot see us losing to the Lamecocks for at least the next 4-5 years. Our recruiting may fall apart along the way, but I just don't see that happening as long as Dabo is here. There is always the chance of a fluke moUSC win, but that would be totally unexpected, given the talent gap in recruiting.
What do you guys think? My Coot buddies feel the Dirt Peckers are closing the gap in recruiting, but they are simply uninformed.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Re: Clemson vs. South Carolina Lamecocks

Jul 22, 2019, 3:39 PM

They're closing the gap alright. It was 4,000 miles wide and now it's only 3,000 miles wide. Still doesn't translate to a win any time soon. I agree with you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Jul 22, 2019, 4:24 PM

Actually 2019 was the statistical outlier for a very scary trend for SCar fans. While 2019 wasn't as strong it was a very large class and on par with 2015 rankings which were a foundation for the latest championship.

Year Difference in Avg. Stars/player Ranking (Rivals)
2014 -0.16
2015 0.18
2016 0.55
2017 0.62
2018 0.68
2019 0.11
2020 0.9

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

We’ll be heavy favorites the next 5 years

Jul 22, 2019, 3:46 PM

Don’t know if I can commit to saying they won’t get lucky once over that span but if the O/U of Clemson wins was set at 4 of the next 5, I’m certainly not betting the under.

As far as recruiting, the gap certainly isn’t getting any narrower. I’d love to see what evidence they have to support that statement because I can’t see any. They’ve picked up a couple nice pieces but for every Hilinski they’ve signed we’ve got a Lawrence, for every Zach Pickens we’ve got a Bresee. They’d have to be delusional not to see that the gap is growing and this 2020 class is about to blow the gap open significantly wider.

Re: We’ll be heavy favorites the next 5 years

Jul 22, 2019, 4:01 PM

I have always said I want the Lamecocks to be good (I seldom get to realize this). If they are good, it forces us to be better. I also prefer a good competitive game. Georgia is a great rival for that reason. They are always a good team, and sometimes great. The games are always close, and the fans are entertained.

Re: We’ll be heavy favorites the next 5 years

Jul 22, 2019, 4:33 PM

I agree. While I love the absolute spankings we put on 'em, I do enjoy a good game, and it does help our schedule if they're good. But I'd love to see our rivalry get the attention it deserves, and the only way that'll happen is if the game is good, it matters to some degree, and it's competitive, and not a 25+ point spread. But in the meantime, I'll enjoy us scoring 40+ on them!

If the coots win 6 games this season that will be exactly

Jul 22, 2019, 5:24 PM

6 more wins than I was hoping they would have.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2019, 4:23 PM

They confuse getting better with closing the gap.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2019, 4:38 PM

Dawg
How do Georgia fans feel about the possibility of restarting the Clemson / Georgia yearly rivalry? When I was at Clemson in the early 80's, that was one of the best rivalries in the nation.

Jul 22, 2019, 5:18 PM

I remember those days...a great rivalry. I'd love to see the teams return to playing yearly.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic