Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson vs N.C. State officially locked in for...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 2,869

Clemson vs N.C. State officially locked in for...

Mar 7, 2019, 9:04 AM

ACC tournament.
Noon on Wednesday.
Go Tigers!
Beat Cuse! Beat State!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Someone with a positive outlook while the season is still

Mar 7, 2019, 9:08 AM

ongoing. To read the rest of this board you would think we were 3-14 instead of ND.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

I've had plenty of doubts this season and...

Mar 7, 2019, 9:50 AM

still am a little wary of what might happen from here on out.
But the path is very clear before us. And even though they were cellar dwellers, we've managed two ACC road wins in a week's time...and have crept back to nearly .500 in conference play.
We are on the verge of salvaging this season and getting to the dance.... in a busting in late with a busted lip driving a beat-up Volkswagon after getting delayed in the alley on the way there type of way....but we might get in the door.

Re: I've had plenty of doubts this season and...

Mar 7, 2019, 12:37 PM

If we don’t beat Syracuse at home Sat , we don’t deserve to go to the NCAA tournament.
This is not the Cuse of the 80s or 90s

Re: Someone with a positive outlook while the season is still

Mar 7, 2019, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Someone with a positive outlook while the season is still ]

If this were a typical team, I would be happy with the around .500 ACC record and a chance at the NCAA tournament.

I give some credit due to the injury that probably cost us a game or two, but this is a Senior and grad laden team and I was hoping/expecting a top half ACC finish and NCAA bid.

If next year is a rebuilding year, then this wasn't much of a peak.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Many people here love to whine and complain about basketball

Mar 7, 2019, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Someone with a positive outlook while the season is still ]

but refuse to acknowledge the fact that we spend very little on basketball as a university and don't really support it that well as a fan base either. I read posts here daily which talk about "all the money we pay Brownell" and "all the money we spent on the facility renovations." These people are either ignorant or oblivious to the fact that we need to do a lot better in supporting the program.

When it comes time to actually step up and support the program, these same people revert to bragging about our football team and our status as a "football school."

It's maddening.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Many people here love to whine and complain about basketball

Mar 7, 2019, 12:32 PM

Our coach is well paid for what he has done and just spent 65 mil . That excuse is played out

For starter's, if this isn't the Syracuse of the '80s

Mar 7, 2019, 12:42 PM

Then it's not the Duke, either.

Injuries matter in basketball, perhaps more than in other sports. Dexter Lawrence was sat for the playoffs, but the football team kept rolling. You don't have a Reed or a Thomas sit and not face the music. Heck, Zion's been out and Duke hasn't been the same. So...had Zion been here at Clemson, what would have happened once he was hurt?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The problem is that many Clemson fans

Mar 7, 2019, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Many people here love to whine and complain about basketball ]

view any money spent on basketball as "a lot" and have no concept of what "a lot" is when it comes to major college basketball.

I will repeat it again for you:

Brownell isn't among the highest paid ACC coaches. Not even close, in fact.

The $65 million we spent on facilities isn't that much for new facilities.

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: The problem is that many Clemson fans

Mar 7, 2019, 1:33 PM

You’ve got to be the dumbest poster on this board. Are you walt deptula?

Clemson’s Basketball issue isn’t any of that garbage you just posted. The issue is the acceptance of mediocrity, excuses and coaching.

It’s time to wake up! We did in football when we stopped accepting the Tommy Bowdens of the world and stopped making excuses.

I agree, we shouldn't accept mediocrity.

Mar 7, 2019, 1:51 PM

But I refuse to whine and complain about our coaches and players when they are fighting a huge uphill battle, thanks to Clemson's pathetic support of basketball.

If you truly want to see us be a better basketball program, then I hope you are all for Clemson providing the basketball program some of the same advantages they have for the football program.

When was Brad's salary bumped up to the $1.75 - 1.85 M

Mar 7, 2019, 2:15 PM

level and where did that rank at the time? Seems like he's been around there for 7-8 years or so so wondering how that compared back then.

Seems like 2010-2011 season his salary was on par with Dabo's before Dabo took his opportunity and exploded with it.

Can't find those numbers online.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2019, 2:58 PM [ in reply to The problem is that many Clemson fans ]

CBB hit the lotto getting paid around 2 mill a year.
He does not deserve to be paid this much.
I’m sure at 2 mill a year there would be a plenty of qualified candidates very interested.

So you're saying you feel that $2 million a year

Mar 7, 2019, 3:14 PM

is a lot for a major college basketball coach?

Re: So you're saying you feel that $2 million a year

Mar 7, 2019, 3:15 PM

For a Coach like Brownell, most certainly

Mar 7, 2019, 5:23 PM [ in reply to The problem is that many Clemson fans ]

He should not be..... he is very very well paid for the time he has coached here and his results/performance at Clemson.....in fact I would say he has been paid far more than he probably should have based on results......Go Tigers!!!!

The “fans don’t support it” argument is ignorant also...

Mar 7, 2019, 3:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Many people here love to whine and complain about basketball ]

And getting old ... like iv said 43,265 times LJC just 8-10 years ago wasn’t one of the toughest places in the ACC and country to play and it was rockin every game, so that argument needs to die ... ppl do support basketball when they are excited about the product and they produce, bottom line. Just don’t get that argument at all.

And also beat UVa

Mar 7, 2019, 9:05 PM

They are going to need that

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson vs N.C. State officially locked in for...

Mar 7, 2019, 9:48 PM

Since State is also a bubble team, it's fitting. Probably whomever wins, is in.

Replies: 18
| visibility 2,869
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic