Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson vs Alabama recruiting....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Clemson vs Alabama recruiting....

May 5, 2019, 8:47 AM

Just read an interview with Bowman who said when Clemson recruited him, we never talked about Championships. Just ran into this picture of Nick Saban recruiting Payton Page, a highly ranked North Carolina lineman in the 2021 class. Nick has a table full of rings out to impress this young man. Don’t hurt your arm, Nick, patting yourself on the back!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson vs Alabama recruiting....

May 5, 2019, 8:56 AM

I would guess that most programs play their best cards when recruiting. At Clemson we seem to stress a positive culture aimed at helping the players be the best version of themselves, with a bias toward who they can be at the age of 30 or 40. We also seem to promote working hard, having fun and doing the right things in all phases of life. Dabo seems always to be positive and to strive to have the player's back. I like our approach.

Saban seems to have always been more business-like in his approach, but one would be a fool to argue with his results.

I certainly like the visuals our program gives off compared to those of any other program, including Alabama. We smile a lot, enjoy the games, and seem like the sort of program I'd want my son to join.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 5, 2019, 9:00 AM

I think of it more this way- Dabo concerns himself with the player’s success in life first, and football second. Nick can’t win recruits with personality, so he sells success. That works with some recruits.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 5, 2019, 9:24 AM
Dabo.jpg(87.7 K)

Coach Saban and Coach Swinney are both skilled at their jobs ( in different ways** ) and the success of these two great coaches and their records speaks for each.

Look back over the years at the ""GREAT"" winning coaches,Bear Bryant,Woody Hayes,Steve Spurrier,Bobby Bowden,Tom Osborne,and even Joe Paterno ___ all winning football coaches,but with different styles. Some of the afore mentioned cared about the players,while the others just wanted to win the game ( any way possible?? ) __________ you know the ones**

Like the OP said,I'm just glad we have Coach Dabo Swinney leading our program and doing it his way !!!!! ( the right way** )_____________________________________GO TIGERS !!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 5, 2019, 12:36 PM

Sadly, the worst don't even care about the rape of children for the sake of winning...

May 5, 2019, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson vs Alabama recruiting.... ]

Nice assessment Harley.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 5, 2019, 9:07 AM

Different approach to the game. I remember reading when Dabo was building our program he would ask the AD for certain improvements.When the AD would ask why, Dabo would reply "because Alabama has it". Other please correct me but, I believe that is why we ended up with our new football complex.Saban set a very high bar for others to strive. I like our approach better. Love him or hate him, got to admit, Saban is a heck of a football coach.

May 5, 2019, 9:12 AM

I think it was losing recruits to Auburn. We needed to be on at least equal footing, facility wise to stop losing close battles.

Saban = White Goodman***

May 5, 2019, 10:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And that's just one of the reason our players

May 5, 2019, 10:40 AM

boat raced their players.

Re: And that's just one of the reason our players

May 6, 2019, 10:47 AM

Sorry, but that was not on the approved list of reasons Alabama lost the championship game.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic