Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Colin Cowherd/Deshaun Watson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Colin Cowherd/Deshaun Watson

Jul 9, 2018, 3:04 PM

Colin Cowerd wth guest T.J. Houshmenzadeh(sp) the former pretty great WR and now QB coach were talking Deshaun and hyping how good he is of course. They went on talk about how Deshaun never understood why everyone was calling him a running QB out of college. Deshaun said that he is always a pocket passer who is athletic enough to run with pocket breaks down. Deshaun said that he almost always, even in HS, looked to stay in the pocket. T.J. went on to say that QB's that learn to run the ball first in HS, rarely turn into great QB's, because their instincts never allow them to be comfortable or get a feel for the pocket after HS. Then they followed with a random piece of trivia about Deshaun that I didn't know, but I am sure many of you did. When Deshaun was in 8th grade, he won the high school state of Georgia Championship in the high jump. ANyway, just in case anyone is in need of some Deshaun Watson football talk I thought I would relay it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

always loved whosyourmamma!***

Jul 9, 2018, 3:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: always loved whosyourmamma!***

Jul 9, 2018, 3:54 PM

That's a much easier way to spell it. I like it.

that was always our goto for Fantasy Draft

Jul 9, 2018, 3:55 PM

was always funny after 5 beers ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Am i the only one that kind of likes Cowherd?

Jul 9, 2018, 4:00 PM

i've always respected him - people think he's a loudmouth but his job is to argue the other side. He's great at what he does imo

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Am i the only one that kind of likes Cowherd?

Jul 9, 2018, 4:08 PM

He is my favorite actually as far as the television sports shows. His show on Fox is great. Joy Taylor, his co-host or whatever you call her, is great too. She knows her stuff. Sure Cowherd read us wrong before, but people makes mistakes. He was just talking sports and didn't know we had arrived. His show is awesome.

Jul 9, 2018, 4:09 PM [ in reply to Am i the only one that kind of likes Cowherd? ]

Probably not, but you are 1 in a very few, but I to think that he is OK!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like Colin.

Jul 9, 2018, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Am i the only one that kind of likes Cowherd? ]

The best of the every day sports hosts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, I think so***

Jul 9, 2018, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Am i the only one that kind of likes Cowherd? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

The first time i heard him i hated him, but I've liked him

Jul 9, 2018, 4:49 PM [ in reply to Am i the only one that kind of likes Cowherd? ]

for quite awhile now. I think when you first listen to him he can sound a bit like a hot take artist, but he's really not. His takes aren't always right but he's just not afraid to speak his mind, he doesn't cow to popular opinion, he doesn't seem concerned about following the company line, etc. He also tends to go deeper into things than a lot of talk show hosts.

Can be a provocateur and a jerk ...

Jul 9, 2018, 8:30 PM [ in reply to Am i the only one that kind of likes Cowherd? ]

but a smart provocateur. He was on the fence with Clemson Football, and he is an admitted front-runner fan, but he has bought in on Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't stand to listen to him! Because of that, I haven't

Jul 10, 2018, 5:55 AM [ in reply to Am i the only one that kind of likes Cowherd? ]

"tried" to listen to see if my opinion has changed. Just seems like he likes to brag and thinks if he is overly loud and obnoxious, the listeners will believe him more.

Not this dude though!

Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but we're a FRAUD, remember, Colin?

Jul 10, 2018, 8:40 AM [ in reply to Am i the only one that kind of likes Cowherd? ]

and jason seahorn, and skip bayless, and stephen a? How these guys can interview DW4 with a straight face is beyond me

Jul 10, 2018, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Am i the only one that kind of likes Cowherd? ]

I like him, but think he's gotten too "hot take"-ey since moving to Los Angeles. It sort of feels like in the slower sports days he just says "I'll just say something controversial real quick and then go to the beach"

Re: Colin Cowherd/Deshaun Watson

Jul 9, 2018, 4:58 PM

I was in need of football talk, so thank you.

"Clemson is a FRAUD!" ... Colin Cowherd

Jul 9, 2018, 8:21 PM

Screw him.

Re: "Clemson is a FRAUD!" ... Colin Cowherd

Jul 10, 2018, 9:57 PM

exactly..............cowturd is the fraud...............Go Tigers!!!!

Nice post brother Carlsbad, well did***

Jul 9, 2018, 10:56 PM

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Jul 10, 2018, 12:31 AM

thanks for posting. I'm ok with him. He called us a fraud, but was man enough to eat his crow on air. After that, he's been all in.

Jul 10, 2018, 12:41 AM

TigerNet goes whichever way the wind blows. Guy called us a “fraud”- maybe the most disrespectful term in sports- and you guys all of a sudden love him because he says Deshaun is good. Who doesn’t think Deshaun is good? You guys are pathetic. Cowherd is a loudmouth troll.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2018, 7:12 AM

You probably had a buzz when you wrote that. Been there myself, but it has nothing to do with him saying Deshaun is good. That wasn't even the point of the story first of all. Secondly, I think people that like him have watched or listened to him for a bit and are really into sports. He does a good job. He gives a lot of opinions and is wrong at times, like we all can be talking and speculating about sports. I am not worried that he didn't think we were the real deal. He was one of many. The problem was that people thought we had arrived for too many years while we were still building, so people stopped believing. They didn't know our program like we do who follow daily. Think how many teams he has to talk about? Dabo just kept working away getting the pieces in place. When we did arrive people didn't believe it until we proved it. I don't see the big deal. He used the wrong word. Wahhhh!(baby crying sound) Let's cry about it. I think his show is awesome. He is a pretty mellow dude actually.

Jul 10, 2018, 2:55 PM

Ummm...no. We had just lost the national championship the season before in a game we should have won and had what, four 10+ win seasons in the preceding years, including wins over Ohio St, Oklahoma, and LSU? It was a hot take, not an educated one, by a guy that gets his ratings by being a blowhard. Anybody that knows college football and has two eyes knows we were anything but a fraud. But keep gobbling it up.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lots of people thought we were a fraud that year

Jul 10, 2018, 7:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Colin Cowherd/Deshaun Watson ]

He was far from alone in that opinion.

Jul 10, 2018, 7:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Colin Cowherd/Deshaun Watson ]

When an open apology is made by someone that is admitting that he may have spoken to soon, and that apology is dis-ed by another that was offended, just maybe it is time to just back away and say nothing at all bc, no one likes to admit they were wrong, and Collin Cowherd has done that and, most with myself included feels that his apology was sincere!!! Oh well, each to their own....

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Jul 10, 2018, 4:06 PM

DW will have a long and successful career in the NFL. He is and always has been a fine young man and great representative of your program. (I can say that now without throwing up since he no longer plays for ya'll)

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic