Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson is middle of the pack basketball team at best
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 888

Clemson is middle of the pack basketball team at best

Mar 18, 2019, 5:57 PM

Reality is that Clemson is a mid tier basketball team in the ACC at best. WE are a perennial bubble team and that just what we have to realize. WE can easily be worse than that but mid level is where we live along with NCSU, VTECH, GT, PITT, MIAMI, FSU. Each year a couple from this group will overachieve and a couple will underachieve. We are in the group that underachieved whereas we overachieved last year.

You can easily say will he hasn't had enough of the over achieving years and you'd probably be right but the fact of the matter is we are pretty much right where we should be every year. Mid pack. He's never had a year where you just couldn't believe how bad we were like with Shyatt. And thats the next step. Had he finished in the toiled of the conference with BC, Pitt, Wake and GT this year then i'd be right there with you. But..this was just another competitive Clemson basketball season for us. Not horrible, not great either by our standards. It was just how hum, below/normal for Brad.

The only way you fire him is if you have "the guy" lined up and willing to take the job. Not a mid major coach that hasn't had sustained national success but a guy that is available and looking for a job and "been there done that." Can you snag a Gregg MArshall or Shaka Smart after a down year? Dont' know but they would be steps up. But someone who can come in and we know they can recruit and know they can energize the fanbase and hopefully get a couple extra wins a year.

But please dont' fire him for another upstart guy that has no big time experience. We'll be right back here in 5-10 years saying the same thing. Bc thats what Brownell was and thats what he's done here. WE're consistently in the 5-10 range in the ACC which is about all i can expect.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson is middle of the pack basketball team at best

Mar 18, 2019, 6:10 PM

Clemson has a LOT of middle of the pack fans to go with us championship fans!

Re: Clemson is middle of the pack basketball team at best

Mar 18, 2019, 6:39 PM

El Tigre 1 said:

Reality is that Clemson is a mid tier basketball team in the ACC at best. WE are a perennial bubble team and that just what we have to realize. WE can easily be worse than that but mid level is where we live along with NCSU, VTECH, GT, PITT, MIAMI, FSU. Each year a couple from this group will overachieve and a couple will underachieve. We are in the group that underachieved whereas we overachieved last year.

You can easily say will he hasn't had enough of the over achieving years and you'd probably be right but the fact of the matter is we are pretty much right where we should be every year. Mid pack. He's never had a year where you just couldn't believe how bad we were like with Shyatt. And thats the next step. Had he finished in the toiled of the conference with BC, Pitt, Wake and GT this year then i'd be right there with you. But..this was just another competitive Clemson basketball season for us. Not horrible, not great either by our standards. It was just how hum, below/normal for Brad.

The only way you fire him is if you have "the guy" lined up and willing to take the job. Not a mid major coach that hasn't had sustained national success but a guy that is available and looking for a job and "been there done that." Can you snag a Gregg MArshall or Shaka Smart after a down year? Dont' know but they would be steps up. But someone who can come in and we know they can recruit and know they can energize the fanbase and hopefully get a couple extra wins a year.

But please dont' fire him for another upstart guy that has no big time experience. We'll be right back here in 5-10 years saying the same thing. Bc thats what Brownell was and thats what he's done here. WE're consistently in the 5-10 range in the ACC which is about all i can expect.

Well said! I don’t believe DRad can/will pony up for a big time coach. Some don’t understand but our resources are not unlimited. Much better to spend on sports which don’t have such a steep steep climb to elite status

What sports are you referring to?

Mar 18, 2019, 6:58 PM

Which sport are you taking from

Mar 18, 2019, 8:29 PM

other than football? And you know that isnt happening, nor should it. Womens sports have to be funded due to Title IX. So is it baseball with its 12 scholarships? Soccer? Golf?

ACC Network will add some. I'd be for pouring a good bit of it in to basketball

Replies: 4
| visibility 888
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic