Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson housing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Clemson housing

Mar 5, 2019, 12:42 PM

Asking for opinions on campus housing for my daughter. Any students on here live in core campus or douthit?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson housing

Mar 6, 2019, 4:38 PM

Sorry about the highjack. It looks like my daughter will be entering the Bridge program. Others posted positive reviews about the renovated Lightsey Bridge apartments. Can anyone add feedback about I vs II, or thoughts Calhoun Ct?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 6, 2019, 6:11 PM

I guess theres no one on this board who actually went to Clemson...

Mar 6, 2019, 6:21 PM

I did. Most of the cute chicks lived in the high rises.
Maybe a handful in the shoeboxes. I would say avoid Johnstone, but that won't be a problem.
If she likes to party and likes guys, go for Calhoun Court.

Mar 6, 2019, 6:23 PM

Johnstone was torn down. Its now called core campus. Have you been inside core campus?

Mar 6, 2019, 8:33 PM

Actually, the union and Johnstone annex is still there. But not for long. Core campus is where the older parts of Johnstone were torn down decades ago.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Plenty of us went to Clemson. Problem is the 2 places

Mar 6, 2019, 6:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson housing ]

you mentioned didn’t exist when we were there. HTH.

Johnstone B was awesome

Mar 6, 2019, 7:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson housing ]

You can ride the elevator up to the top floor and you have a great view of fort hill

Mar 6, 2019, 9:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson housing ]

The two places you mentioned were just built, but by all means plase continue to be a ####### when asking for help.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Mar 6, 2019, 6:23 PM

Douthit is great but pricey. All options are decent for the Freshman year. after that...great off campus housing is available

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 6, 2019, 7:03 PM

It’s changed a lot in a short amount of time. My last one of three graduated two years ago. Mine were housed in Byrnes and Manning. I’d go for Douthit now just because it’s new and amenities are excellent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 6, 2019, 7:12 PM

If she's eligible and wants off-campus, University Ridge...so close you think you're on campus

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 6, 2019, 7:19 PM

I have no idea hat dorms are like now. I started with Johnstone with no A/C in the old parts and classers five and one half days a week and no freshman vehicles allowed. Things are light years different today. Just the number of females on campus is definitely an improvement, at least for the males. No more Harcombe Commons. The Canteen was totally different. 550 years does make a difference and myself an old man.

I got to look at all of them

Mar 6, 2019, 7:39 PM

My daughter was accepted to bridge so we looked at lightsy (sorry, forgot how to spell it). Both I and II were very nice

Before we enrolled she was accepted outright and ended up in doughthit. Real nice and great amenities.

I actually lived in CC when they were new. They’ve been redone and look nice but they’re double occupancy

Really can’t go wrong and they all beat the hell out of Johnston E4

Mar 6, 2019, 7:45 PM

My daughter is a freshman and lives in Manning. Cheap option and those buildings were old when I was there 30 years ago. Douthit and Core are both very nice. Can’t go wrong with either.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 6, 2019, 8:19 PM

Douthit definitely

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 6, 2019, 8:42 PM

Wow things have changed. It’s been almost 20 years since I lived on campus. Like others mentioned my portion of Johnston, F section was torn down long ago. As a Freshman you had no chance at getting an on campus apartment option. that said, I lived in Calhoun courts N11E for 3 years and loved it. It sounds like a choice may need to be made regarding privacy versus being close to class. Typical freshman courses, math (Martin hall), chemistry (hunter), biology (bracket?) English (Daniel), are all closer to Calhoun courts. Shorter walk. But you share a room. Having a room mate did not bother me. It’s funny that they renovated the old married/ family apartments into 4 bedroom apartments.

Mar 6, 2019, 8:49 PM

My son is a freshman and lives in Core. It’s a typical dorm style room. Shared bathrooms on the hall. Entire dorm is coed. It’s $882 per month for him to live there. I think the dorm is OK - but when you consider CU is getting almost $1800 per month for that dorm- they are making a killing.

Both the dorms I lived in are gone(Johnstone, Clemson House)

Mar 6, 2019, 9:20 PM

Hard to believe!

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic