Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Women sports have 2 more sports than men after Softball starts...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Women sports have 2 more sports than men after Softball starts...

Jul 5, 2019, 1:58 AM

If Clemson started a new men's sport which would you like to see started for men??

I was a wrestler so i hated that Clemson dropped the sport. I actually had an offer to start schollie opportunity my sophomore year then we had ACC champion in my wgt class then conversation of closing the sport at Clemson. I worked out with team but i bulked up almost 40lbs so coach was not sure where I was going to fit but he still loved me coming out and getting beatup as a practice dummy.

That said, which men's sport would you like to see brought into Clemson. I guess the easy one is Lacrosse, low budget, use soccer fields and could easily add female counter? There is quite a bit of interest.

Pure interest and pleasure by me, wrestling. My next favorite sport is Rugby beyond Mens BKBall and BsBall.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ice Hockey, or

Jul 5, 2019, 6:24 AM

Underwater Basketweaving
Or
Kickball

Now, let's be honest with ourselves...women deserve it!

Jul 5, 2019, 6:52 AM

They have always left more blood, sweat, and tears on the field than the men.

Re: Women sports have 2 more sports than men after Softball starts...

Jul 5, 2019, 8:26 AM

We need A Women's Bass Fishing Team because watching
Women's Sports is like watching two men fish !

Jul 6, 2019, 6:54 AM

great. always helpful to get the post from the guy sitting at home working his way through a case of schlitz, wondering why people keep sending him books about the Incel movement. So, well done there.

I wonder if I'd have any eligibility left for

Jul 6, 2019, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Women sports have 2 more sports than men after Softball starts... ]

The Bass fishing team?

I know my football eligibility has run out, even for a Most Valuable Rookie from the Club Football Team. .. After not playing organized football for 8 years.

Anyone wanna play touch/flag football?

Supposedly, the fastest growing sport is lacrosse, and

Jul 5, 2019, 8:34 AM

more and more high schools in SC are fielding boys and girls lacrosse teams. So, it would make sense to eventually add lacrosse at Clemson.

I think most schools offer more women's sports than men's, because of the Title 9 requirements, and the large number of men playing football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dodge ball or Kick the Can

Jul 5, 2019, 8:51 AM

Very fun

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lacrosse and maybe ...

Jul 5, 2019, 10:41 AM

Lawn Darts. No serious, Lacrosse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2019, 10:49 AM

"esports"

One, I think women are banned in that sport. Scares the "athletes".

Plus as a runner, I always like it when those "athletes" make the cross-country guys look diesel-meatheads.

Yes, Ma'am.***

Jul 6, 2019, 4:02 PM

Bring Back Wrestling!***

Jul 5, 2019, 12:18 PM

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Mud wrestling? I would take bets right now, it would be the

Jul 5, 2019, 12:43 PM

most attended of all the womens sports, depending on how long you made the "season". We wouldn't want it to complete against the footsball, but other than that......

(Just to clarify, I meant adding WOMENS mud wrestling, for any of you who didn't pick up on that! You can see Mens mud wrestling outside just about any rural southern bar on any given night, after a few too many drinks and some fightin' words. ) :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TigerTails, anyone?

Jul 6, 2019, 3:53 PM

How about Betty's Lounge before TigerTails? Anyone up for it? Let's have some fun in Clemson Town! ??

Jul 5, 2019, 1:11 PM

Don't see how adding another non revenue sport such as lacrosse would be a low budget affair. Would also entail significant coaches salaries, recruiting budget, admin assistant salaries, more scholarship funds, new locker room and weight facilities along with player development programs, nutrition staff and meeting room facilities to compete on a high level. IPTAY dues would need to be increased. IMO any other sports should be on a club level to potentially benefit the broader student population.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Clemson has had a men's club lacrosse team for years.

Jul 5, 2019, 9:25 PM

I don't know about women's.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2019, 1:24 PM

Wrestling 100%

Jul 5, 2019, 2:21 PM

Lacrosse

Jul 5, 2019, 11:13 PM

Title 9

What the heck is that and how does it benefit mankind?

Jul 6, 2019, 3:56 PM

??

Jul 6, 2019, 6:17 AM

Lawyer question : has anyone ever challenged title nine by the number of men’s and women’s sport teams and not the number of individuals that play on teams. It just seems unfair that because football produces basically all the revenue and requires the most of everything, that other men’s sports get penalized because of it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 6, 2019, 2:10 PM

The answer>

All sports should allow should allow women and men to compete Equally for the team=
regardless of sex'.
race, religion, national origin, etc

Equality means ending this obvious discrimination.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd go with Rugby.

Jul 6, 2019, 3:45 PM

Some of the toughest, most genuine, most hard-assed men I've ever met in my life were (ex) Marine rugby players. There are certain people in the world you just would not be wise to cross. Marine rugby players are the sort you really don't want to #### off. Bad things will happen to you if you cross them or one of their friends or family members. Trust me.

Wouldnt mind at all if some of those rare breed God-fearing Americans decided to play Rugby in Burnt Orange and Northwestern Purple. With paws, lots of 'em.

Would warm my aging heart immensely.

Go Tigers. Oorah and whatnot.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic