Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Softball has a chance to be good really quick...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Clemson Softball has a chance to be good really quick...

Feb 15, 2019, 10:55 AM

We signed a Nationally recognized coach who is setting us up for success. 2019 Recruiting class is loaded with 5* talent:

https://clemsontigers.com/clemson-softball-signs-eight-to-class-of-2019/

Growing up baseball was my favorite sport with football a close second...BUT when you get really grown up and have (3) daughters coaching baseball kinda falls to the wayside. So basically fell in love with fastpitch after coaching my daughters through rec league and travel ball. I know, I know it's girls but hey don't knock it if you haven't watched it. Extremely fast sport with amazing athletes.

Go Tigers and Tigresses!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson Softball has a chance to be good really quick...

Feb 15, 2019, 10:56 AM

What is more important? A) That they look good. B) That they play well.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

University of Arizona used to satisfy both criteria.***

Feb 15, 2019, 12:58 PM

Re: University of Arizona used to satisfy both criteria.***

Feb 15, 2019, 3:15 PM

From what I've seen Oregon and Washington look good as well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's more entertaining than baseball most of the time

Feb 15, 2019, 10:59 AM

And definitely faster paced. I've followed the WCWS the past few years and it's good stuff.

We can be good very quickly. Florida State just won the national title last year but other than them the ACC is not that strong. We can get a foothold in the conference pretty quickly I think.

Feb 15, 2019, 11:06 AM

Go big or go home. I used to walk once or twice daily at the Lexington softball complex. That fp travel squad is huge. And exciting to watch. I’d be amazed at how athletic they are/were. Shoot, they’d have scouts there all the time and I’d hear the girls talking about going here or there etc.

They’d see my shirt and ask me if we were ever going to get a program etc. so glad we got one and great to hear from someone who knows that we have a good coach and have recruited excellent talent already.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2019, 11:34 AM

I agree. Having a daughter that played college softball the sport heads to Clemson about 8 years to late. But I have become a big softball fan. Having to root for other colleges sucks. Now we can root for out team and I plan on making a few games during the year. Living about 100 miles from FSU campus I'll be at all the games down here. I do think we have the best coach available and possibly the best out there. Time will tell. But he wasn't named the U.S. National coach for no reason. He has put a pretty talented team together some are already on campus and practicing now. They will all redshirt and he's got a couple of top transfers that look to head our way as well. This team should compete immediately with everyone but FSU in the conference and may even give FSU fits on year 2.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2019, 11:59 AM

NOTHING wrong with softball, girls or boys. I enjoy watching the ladies play on tv and watching lady Tigers will be especially enjoyable. Wonder who the first tnetters will be to call for the coaches head?

Not surprised. He has the reputation. And Clemson will

Feb 15, 2019, 12:51 PM

have the facilities to pull in the best.

I have gotten to know him over the last year

Feb 15, 2019, 1:27 PM

he is a very cordial, humble person and loves this area (just built a new house). Other coaches are very nice people too. We did good hiring John.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, it's great that we wer able to get someone like

Feb 16, 2019, 8:35 AM

that for a brand spankin' new program.

Feb 15, 2019, 1:22 PM

I can tell that the softball team will be held in as high regard as Clemson baseball. Clemson family will come out in droves to watch these young women. It's exciting to finally have women's softball. I think Clemson will be automatically nationally relevant just because of the talent in the surrounding area. As you can already tell there have been young ladies just waiting for this opportunity and highly touted young ladies at that. That has to be a really big selling point that you can come in and

Feb 15, 2019, 2:15 PM

Can't wait to go up to some games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My neice played collegiately for four years...

Feb 15, 2019, 2:36 PM

and it completely paid for her education (both undergrad and graduate degrees).

A lot of fun to watch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: My neice played collegiately for four years...

Feb 15, 2019, 10:27 PM

Wow, congratulations to her and to you for having a smart niece. Ashamed she couldn’t be a Tiger.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO LADY TIGERS***

Feb 15, 2019, 3:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2019, 11:57 PM

Women's softball is all about pitching. If we have some young ladies that can pitch at a high level we can be competitive early on. Women's softball (at any level) sure beats the "home run derby" that men's softball turned into when it went to slow pitch.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic