Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Peaking
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Clemson Peaking

Oct 29, 2018, 7:19 PM

Many people think Clemson is peaking or has peaked with the win over Fl State. In my humble opinion I think Clemson still has a ways to go to peak.

Clemson has not started games well and did not score in the first quarter Saturday

ETN did not get 100 yards rushing on Saturday

The defense has dropped interseptions

Special teams can improve in almost every area

And we still scored 59 points Saturday and held FL State to 10

we have a ways to go to play a complete game

The best is yet to come!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson Peaking

Oct 29, 2018, 7:22 PM

And even in games like 59-10, Dabo found things to work on in practice. Happy with the score? Yes. Happy playing all his guys? Yes. Thinks it was a perfect game? No by so many means. These guys are focused. Clemson is playing the best ball on both sides of the ball it's ever played in my opinion.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2018, 7:25 PM

I hope the punter hasn't peaked?

Oct 29, 2018, 7:35 PM

No but he’s doing a lot better kicking rugby style. Hopefully he’ll continue.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2018, 7:44 PM

By definition peaking is reaching the highest point, either of a specified value or at a specified time, so no, we have neither won the National Championship or gone 15 and 0.

Oct 30, 2018, 1:41 AM

I’m praying for you to see it too Joe

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Oct 29, 2018, 7:39 PM

You had me right up until interseptions

Oct 29, 2018, 8:45 PM

Yep he misspelled *entersepshuns*

Oct 29, 2018, 7:52 PM

I don't think we are peaking--I think we are plateauing. The milestones are so stratospheric over the last few years:

51-4 in last 55 games
30-2 in last 32 ACC Games
26-2 in last 28 ACC Atlantic Games
18-1 last 19 true road games
17-1 last 18 ACC games away from home
33-1 last 34 home games
3 straight ACC Titles with 4th on horizon
3 straight CFP berths with 4th on horizon
17-2 in last 19 vs Top 25 opponents
53 consecutive Top 10 rankings
4+ in a row vs. SCar,FSU,Auburn,VT,GT,NSCU,BC,Louisville,Wake (and Maryland's last 4 in ACC)
2-0 vs. Oklahoma, Ohio State, among others
1-0 vs. Notre Dame, LSU, Texas A&M, etc.

The best may very well be still yet to come, but that peak is certainly within sight of where Dabo has the boys now. Not a tremendous amount of room for improvement in those numbers. I know it is un-Dabo like to say this, but I would happily sign on for another 4 years exactly like 2015-2018, right now, especially with the quality of people that he has brought in as players, coaches, and support staff.

I guess we could go for that 47 wins in a row mark, though.

Youngster....3-0 versus OSU and OU......

Oct 29, 2018, 7:56 PM

in recent memory....

Re: Youngster....3-0 versus OSU and OU......

Oct 29, 2018, 8:03 PM

I'm not actually a youngster. I said just in the last few years, as, IMHO,those marks are really a reflection of Dabo's culture & not our (very good) heritage.

I am fortunate enough to be well versed in the Glory years of Danny Ford and was in school, watching helplessly, as Hatfield killed it (and West buried it).

I thought for sure that I was going to get called on messing up the ACC Atlantic stat first. 26-1 instead of 26-2. My bad on that.

Re: Youngster....3-0 versus OSU and OU......

Oct 29, 2018, 8:18 PM

I think OSU is 0-5 against schools from South Carolina although I reluctantly place Clemson in any category with USuC. However it always fun to expose them for the loser they are.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2018, 8:46 PM

You don't know where the peak is until you see the decline

If you mean for this season, I don't think they have peaked yet.

Hopefully Chase can get some substantially playing time against Louisville who is 0-5 in ACC play.

Oct 29, 2018, 8:57 PM

We are getting better every game. TL is a major factor in that as the true freshman continues to improve.

Oct 29, 2018, 9:50 PM

These freshmen, and, for that matter, all of the team is just like watching our young children grow up before our very eyes. Each game we see an improvement and as good as they are, they are not yet fully grown as a team. And when we see them having so much fun and cheering on their team mates, it reminds me they are still young at heart and no body is going to stop them from being King of the Hill. Dang, I wish the Good Lord would grant me ten more years.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2018, 11:48 PM

Hopefully you will be granted many more than that, Joe!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Oct 29, 2018, 10:36 PM

They renamed the city to Beijing I am pretty sure.

Oct 29, 2018, 10:59 PM

The best thing is the players know preparation is what wins games and even a FSU or Louisville can win if you beat yourself with sloppy play. After watching all the player interviews I'm convinced the players are excited to get in the film room, correct mistakes, and prepare a game plan based on the tendencies they see from this opponent. It's refreshing, because I have heard kids in other programs talk about preparation for an out matched opponent and it just sounds cliché.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic