Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cubs ban fan for making "white power" symbol on air
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 387

Cubs ban fan for making "white power" symbol on air

May 9, 2019, 3:01 PM

From the "Wut? News of the Day"

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/cubs-indefinitely-ban-fan-who-used-offensive-hand-gesture-behind-doug-glanville-at-game/

Two days after a fan was seen making an "OK" symbol with his hand on NBC Sports Chicago's broadcast of a Cubs game, the team has said they have permanently banned the man from Wrigley Field.

Former MLB outfielder Doug Glanville was reporting live during Tuesday night's game against the Miami Marlins when the fan, seated behind him, was spotted flashing a peace sign before making and holding the "OK" gesture. That symbol has been used for many different things -- one being a "white power" symbol, according to the Anti-Defamation League, that has been adopted by white supremacist groups. It is also used as part of the "circle game," in which people try to trick others into looking at the circle made with their hands.

NBC even blurred the hand symbol out (in a recent piece) because apparently it's so offensive

https://twitter.com/Timcast/status/1126130468460670977?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1126130468460670977&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.rivals.com%2Fthreads%2Fchicago-cubs-investigating-very-serious-hate-crime-that-took-place-at-wrigley.877471%2F

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I await the multitude of forthcoming NBA suspensions

May 9, 2019, 3:10 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MSM you're so dumb....

May 9, 2019, 3:46 PM

This was all started on 4Chan to prove how fawking stupid the media is. If internet trolls say it's racist, can we make it racist? The answer is yes.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what about the guy making the JO motion

May 9, 2019, 3:49 PM

with the giant red hand? he gets to stay?

Circle game - all of the players on my son's baseball

May 9, 2019, 4:14 PM

team - in their team pictures from last season - are making the "circle game" hand gesture. (All players - black and white.)

So now - he's not going to be able to get a job because that gesture is suddenly racist?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TigerNET is RACIST

May 10, 2019, 7:56 AM

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I immediately DEMAND the removal of the white supremacy sign from the emoji's on this website.

Everytime obed/19B posts i'm going to throw in a ??

Re: Cubs ban fan for making "white power" symbol on air

May 10, 2019, 8:01 AM

It’s called “made you look”

This is a distraction from them reinstating a wife beater.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 387
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic