Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chump Question.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Chump Question.

Aug 12, 2018, 10:05 AM

Take off our ORANGE Glasses for a sec,

Will his ILL Advised dumba$$ comments about the UMD situation kill his recruiting like Slurrier's A Couple Mo Years comment did his?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NATIONAL Media is running w/ this story.

Aug 12, 2018, 10:07 AM

My opinion, it's gotta hurt what little momentum he's built up. Just an opinion though.

Re: Chump Question.

Aug 12, 2018, 10:30 AM

I wish he had just simply passed on the question but I doubt it will hurt anything. He was mostly going off on reporters using anonymous sources for stories. He did defend Durkin as a friend which is where all the backlash is coming from. I do agree that reporters using anonymous sources as their root of the story is wrong, that source could be anyone from a coach to a fired water boy. Between hiding behind anonymous sources and the term blog it seems writers can report anything they want whether true or not with no resources backing up their story.

I am not defending Durkin and if what's being reported is true he never needs to coach again. But I do think that Muschamp's comments will be forgotten sooner rather than later.

Other coaches will bring it up.***

Aug 12, 2018, 10:37 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^This

Aug 12, 2018, 10:40 AM

Aug 12, 2018, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Chump Question. ]

Iagree with this Dirtpecker ... you really can't hurt recruiting as weak as his anyway . He'll be gone in 2020 , after failing to ever beat Clemson or sniff the SEC Championship air .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 12, 2018, 10:45 AM

Are we recruiting at Clemson's level? Obviously not, but we are light years ahead of what we had when Muschamp took over. Dabo didn't build a championship team over night but with time he did build one. I think Muschamp is doing all the right things when it comes to recruiting (unlike anytime during the Spurrier era) and will have us competing at a high level again soon.

Aug 12, 2018, 10:52 AM

That's just wishful thinking, Mustcan't couldn't recruit at a championship level in one of the richest recruiting ground as in Florida to a Florida school, and an SEC Florida school at that. He sure as #### want do it at usuc!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2018, 10:57 AM

All I can tell you is that our recruiting organization is light years ahead of what it was under Spurrier or any other coach here. If you want to ignore what and who Muschamp has recruited and how more top tier players are even considering us now compared to years past then there's nothing more I can say.

But that's where you are wrong...

Aug 12, 2018, 12:02 PM

Tell me how this is 'light years' ahead:

247Sports recruitng rankings

Year Rank average star rating

19, 17 .8918
18, 18 .8897
17, 21 .8714
16, 25 .8602
15, 20 .8663
14, 19 .8887
13, 20 .8798
12, 15 .8855
11, 17 .8654
10, 34 .8412

With the exception of 2010, which was the year of Marcus Lattimore, your recruiting is virtually the same.. in the 17-20 range and .87/.88 average which is exactly what you are on track for again this year. So, sorry for not seeing the "light years" you are referring to.. But hey, don't let facts step in the way either!

Re: But that's where you are wrong...

Aug 13, 2018, 9:21 AM

Tell me how this is 'light years' ahead:

247Sports recruitng rankings

Year Rank average star rating

19, 17 .8918
18, 18 .8897
17, 21 .8714
16, 25 .8602
15, 20 .8663
14, 19 .8887
13, 20 .8798
12, 15 .8855
11, 17 .8654
10, 34 .8412

With the exception of 2010, which was the year of Marcus Lattimore, your recruiting is virtually the same.. in the 17-20 range and .87/.88 average which is exactly what you are on track for again this year. So, sorry for not seeing the "light years" you are referring to.. But hey, don't let facts step in the way either!

You are confusing rankings with organization. When Spurrier ran off Beamer in order to make Jr. the recruiting coordinator things started going downhill. Yes we landed Lattimore and Clowney but that had nothing to do with recruiting organization and everything to do with coaches. Now the work force behind recruiting is unlike anything we have ever had and we can thank Muschamp for that. Considering the dumpster fire depleted of talent that Muschamp inherited our recruiting has been doing great and will get better with time.

It's funny how they buy into that

Aug 12, 2018, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Chump Question. ]

Like em or not, Holtz & Slurrier were NC Winning coaches that could walk into any high school/home in the nation and recruit any player they wanted.Just couldn't sell Chicken dream. Somehow Chump, a failed coach at Florida is gonna do it.

Re: It's funny how they buy into that

Aug 12, 2018, 11:57 AM

Hey I don't want to rain on your chicken dream of ever getting back to being relevant again ,but you have to change the culture in Cootlumbia before that is going to happen. For that kind of change to happen ,it would take a life changing event for all of your fanbase!

That's never going to happen!

#fearthefists

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2018, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Chump Question. ]

Muschamp our recruited Clemson every year he was at Florida except for his first year where he finished one spot behind Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

When you say competing at a "high level again",

Aug 12, 2018, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Chump Question. ]

What does that mean exactly? Has your team ever competed at a high level? I'm not trying to be mean, but I am 46 and do not remember SCAR football ever competing at a high level.

There were a couple of good seasons in the 80s, but nothing to show for it other than AP rankings. Spurrier led SCAR to 5 in a row over Clemson and an SEC East title. Again, nothing to show for it except in-state bragging rights.

SCAR didn't pass the .500 W/L ratio until 2007 or 2008. This doesn't seem like "high level" performance to me. Currently SCAR's all time record is only .512 with 602 wins, 572 losses and 44 ties. (Spare me the conference ties... the majority of those losses came in the Southern and Atlantic Coast Conferences.)

Again, I'm not trying to be an a$$, I just want to know how you define competing at a high level.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When you say competing at a "high level again",

Aug 13, 2018, 10:09 AM

I get it, it’s hard to be rational when it comes to a bitter rival.

But I doubt you would argue Clemson wasn’t competing at a high level 2011-2014.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

You might want to check Slurrier's recruiting

Aug 12, 2018, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Chump Question. ]

Instead of believing the propaganda put out by your media and boards

Chump will NEVER recruit at the level of Holtz and Slurrier.In fact,weren't Slurrier's worst classes after he said he was leaving that sh!thole in a couple of years ?

Re: You might want to check Slurrier's recruiting

Aug 13, 2018, 9:31 AM

MRTTMT said:

Instead of believing the propaganda put out by your media and boards

Chump will NEVER recruit at the level of Holtz and Slurrier.In fact,weren't Slurrier's worst classes after he said he was leaving that sh!thole in a couple of years ?

Recruiting, along with everything else, was in decline before that stupid 2 year statement that ruined what looked to be a great class. The thing is that as our good coaches left (Ellis Johnson, Brad Lawing, Jay Graham to name a few) they were replaced with bad ones because Spurrier had become even lazier than he already was. We recruited a handful of good players and a whole bunch of busts due to poor evaluations from bad coaches. Spurrier had one top 10 classes and the rest were in the teens to lower 20's. Muschamp will definitely out recruit both Spurrier and Holtz.

Chicken Curse looms Forever to Thee, USCjr.***

Aug 12, 2018, 4:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Chump Question. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic