Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UGA RB Zamir White has been lifting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

UGA RB Zamir White has been lifting

Apr 20, 2019, 3:44 PM

Pic attached.

Him and DE Nolan Smith were two guys I had hoped we could have landed.

They will probably turn out to be really good players.

GLAD for the ones we do have though! Go ??!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UGA RB Zamir White has been lifting

Apr 20, 2019, 3:52 PM

He’s alright...Not ETN though!

Apr 20, 2019, 4:32 PM

Pic attached.

Him and DE Nolan Smith were two guys I had hoped we could have landed.

They will probably turn out to be really good players.

GLAD for the ones we do have though! Go ??!!!

He's had two ACL surgeries in two years.

The only guy I've ever seen come back from two ACL surgeries - and one in each knee, mind - is Terry Allen.

Usually it doesn't happen. Even after one a guy is often not the same, or it takes him as much as two (or more) years to truly get back. We saw that with Adam Choice; he tore his ACL as a true frosh (when he was ahead of Gallman on the depth chart) and it really wasn't until his redshirt junior year he was truly 100% right again.

CJ Davidson and DJ Howard were ahead of both of them

Apr 20, 2019, 4:41 PM

on the depth chart, I don't ever see anybody trying to make a case for them...You're better than that Q...Wayne would have passed Adam even if he was healthy, it was going to happen, Wayne was the better back,.period.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CJ Davidson and DJ Howard were ahead of both of them

Apr 20, 2019, 4:53 PM

Davidson was on the bottom of the depth chart bc he fumbled every time he was on the field. Howard I have no idea about bc he wasn’t very good. Adam Choice and Gallman were clearly 1 and 2 with Choice being the lead guy. It wasn’t until post injury where Gallman came into his own. You never know how it would have shaken out without the injury but make no mistake Choice never looked the same after.

No DJ and CJ were 1 and 2 for the first several games, look

Apr 20, 2019, 5:11 PM

it up...Hell, CJ led us in rushing for 4 of our first 7 games and that was WITH a healthy Choice for the first 6...As a matter of fact, our rushing numbers didn't pick up until Wayne got a real shot and the rest is history, AC was a decent college RB, but he was nowhere near as effective as Wayne

Re: No DJ and CJ were 1 and 2 for the first several games, look

Apr 20, 2019, 7:48 PM

CM Shack said:

it up...Hell, CJ led us in rushing for 4 of our first 7 games and that was WITH a healthy Choice for the first 6...As a matter of fact, our rushing numbers didn't pick up until Wayne got a real shot and the rest is history, AC was a decent college RB, but he was nowhere near as effective as Wayne

Uh...no.

Choice and Gallman were freshmen that year - Choice was a true freshman, Wayne Gallman, you might recall, was a redshirt freshman...and Choice, despite being younger, was clearly ahead of him at that time. The older backs - DJ Howard and CJ Davidson - started ahead of them the first portion of the season because the coaches didn't trust the younger backs with their QB protections, which is the thing that usually keeps young RB's off the field.

Choice finally got his chance to start Week 5 against Boston College in 2014...he got all of four carries before he tore his ACL and went down, and we didn't see him again until 2016...and he didn't actually look really right until 2017.

Gallman flashed plenty of talent in 2014, sure...but he was legit behind Choice for a reason, and you might also recall he actually played more LB than RB in high school and was converting from a Wing-T to boot. Gallman spent a lot of plays dancing laterally down the line for no gain too because he just didn't know how to read his hole or set up his blocks, early on.

Choice actually averaged 4.9upc in 2017 and a whopping 7.1ypc in 2018. Gallman averaged 4.8 yards per carry in 2014, 5.4 in 2015, and 4.9 in 2016...granted, Wayne was carrying the load mostly by himself, but Gallman never approached the productivity per carry Choice achieved in 2018. Choice was actually a good bit better than Feaster last year.

Choice saw limited reps vs 1st team defenses and DCs had

Apr 21, 2019, 1:29 AM

to gameplan for Wayne...You're comparing a workhorse to a back-up...Wanna compare 100 yard games and tell me who was more productive?

Re: Choice saw limited reps vs 1st team defenses and DCs had

Apr 21, 2019, 6:11 AM

Don’t think you are understanding his post

Apr 20, 2019, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Re: UGA RB Zamir White has been lifting ]

Frank Gore too.

Deshaun did it, but he's not a RB, although he probably

Apr 20, 2019, 5:04 PM

has more NFL rushing TDs than any Tiger not named Terry Allen

Apr 21, 2019, 6:08 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA RB Zamir White has been lifting ]

Watson.......and for rbs didn’t gore have 2?

He might have passed that cheerleader from a few years ago..***

Apr 21, 2019, 4:02 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic