Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cheapest Flights to San Fran?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Cheapest Flights to San Fran?

Jan 3, 2019, 7:28 AM

Any fellow Tigers have plane tix to San Francisco or surrounding area that’s not breaking the bank? College kid balling on a budget. Any help is much appreciated!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cheapest Flights to San Fran?

Jan 3, 2019, 7:35 AM

You're going to need to get very creative. You're not flying into SFO, SJC or OAK for under $1000, and it'll very likely be much higher than that.

Check out Sacramento or Reno (but beware the weather driving from Reno). Consider flying out of Atlanta instead of GSP. I think the best you can probably do is $600 unless you end up driving or taking a bus.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2019, 7:38 AM

That’s what our plan was. We had a flight to Vegas for $330 and then another to San Fran next day for $130 but price quickly jumped. Assuming that they found out what we were doing. Thanks!!

Weather?

Jan 3, 2019, 8:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Cheapest Flights to San Fran? ]

Aw crap, what's wrong with the weather driving from Reno? We land there Saturday at 2:30pm and the plan was to spend the night there and drive to San Fran Sunday morning. I can change that and head out of Reno Sat afternoon if I need to. I know nothing about the weather in Reno.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reno is fine, it's the mountains between Reno and SF

Jan 3, 2019, 8:46 AM

that appear destined for snow this weekend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Weather?

Jan 3, 2019, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Weather? ]

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Anyone-flying-into-Reno-or-thinking-about-it-1871691

Google flights is your friend

Jan 3, 2019, 8:32 AM

I checked a few options this morning and the best prices I could find was a round trip from Raleigh to Las Vegas for $303 and then a round trip from Vegas to Oakland for $106. That means leaving Raleigh Saturday evening, flying to Oakland Sunday, back to Vegas Tuesday morning and to Raleigh Tuesday night (I think that was the schedule).

Since you're a college student you don't need a hotel room Saturday, just pull an all-nighter in Vegas, get a hotel room somewhere for Sunday night and Monday night and back to Raleigh/drive to Clemson Tuesday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Google flights is your friend

Jan 3, 2019, 8:36 AM

Thank you! What airline is this?

I remember it was Frontier going to Vegas

Jan 3, 2019, 8:42 AM

don't remember which one was between Vegas and Oakland.

Frontier isn't the greatest, it's not even close, but it can get you to the Natty!

Re: I remember it was Frontier going to Vegas

Jan 3, 2019, 8:43 AM

Very true! Thanks for the information! We will do our best to bring back a W to Tiger Town! Go Tigers!

Jan 3, 2019, 8:40 AM

329 round trip to Vegas. Watch the game there.

Jan 3, 2019, 8:45 AM

Try www.skiplagged.com

A web site that shows "unusual" or "hidden" connections.

But, after you get the "suggestions" from skiplagged, I'd suggest still making your reservations DIRECTLY with each airline's web site.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^Very good advice***

Jan 3, 2019, 8:47 AM

Jan 3, 2019, 9:14 AM

Doesn't help you now but for the future we booked flights right after the ACC Champs game with Southwest who allows you to cancel within a certain time frame without penalty you just have to use the refunded $$ with them within 365 days. Flying out of Orlando to Sacramento and back from Oakland for about $550.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I found a round-trip from GSP-Vegas for $306 on Delta

Jan 3, 2019, 9:19 AM

8 hour drive from LV to the stadium, but weather shouldn't cause any issues. Very scenic also.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/GSP-Vegas-$306-R-T-flying-on-6th-and-8th-Delta-flights-1871843

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic