Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chase Brice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 5,183

Chase Brice

Nov 5, 2018, 10:20 AM

I know that we are all enamored with what TL brings to the table, and rightfully so. Still, I cant help but watch Chase play and really like what I see. Most of us who have been watching for a long time will agree, there have been a whole lot of years Brice would have easily been the starter. In fact, outside of Watson, Tajh, and Whitehurst, maybe over anyone since Woody. Harper wasnt bad at times, but he didnt come on until his 3rd or 4th year in the program. Brice does a lot of little things really well imo. He has a pretty live arm, seems to have really good touch on his short to intermediate throws, and his deep ball from what little I have seen thus far isnt too shabby. But one thing stood out that I noticed during the FSU game. That kid is an absolute master at the play action. Some guys do it really well that are not even superstars, Steve DeBerg comes to mind. Point is, I watched him several times run that and looked great. Throw in the fact that he is going to get a lot more reps now with the 1's in practice and at least a game or two I believe, and we have a REALLY good QB1/2 situation. Best of all, It seems CB seems comfortable in his spot and wants to be a Clemson Man. Time may change things after he graduates and has an opportunity to move on, but that is down the road. For now, I am thrilled to have such a talented backup who as Dabo predicted in the Summer, can win games for us. Look forward to his TD's against SC AFTER Christian Wilkins gets to throw one out of the wildcat :) GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chase Brice

Nov 5, 2018, 11:40 AM

Chase will only get better. If he stays He'll get his chance as a senior when Trevor leaves for the NFL. Chase as a senior will be outstanding and very well take us back to the championship as well. He's gotten really comfortable after that Syracuse game and it's great having such a talented BU ready to take over at any time. To think he was the 5th string QB less than a year ago. Now he would probably start on 90% of the colleges in the country. Dabo kept telling everyone that he was a baller now people are starting to see it. Go Tigers.

Nov 5, 2018, 12:08 PM

Chase Brice reminds me of Connor Shaw with a better arm. Just freaking tough as nails with good decision making.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 12:10 PM

Watching him makes me shocked that KB was still named the starter this year.

Nov 6, 2018, 8:58 AM

Is he still at Clemson next year?
At least two more seasons behind Trevor and he saw what happened to KB in his senior season, just saying?

It is like being cursed...

Nov 5, 2018, 12:11 PM

with blessings!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I said the same thing about his fakes on here weeks ago.

Nov 5, 2018, 12:50 PM

I’ve never seen anyone sell the handoff or pitch like he does. It absolutely freezes the defense. Dude is a baller. Oh, and a much better QB than Bryant ever was.

Keep doing your thing, Chase. Glad you picked the Tigers!

Pass deliveries**

Nov 5, 2018, 1:00 PM
Chase.jpg(66.8 K)
Trevor.jpe(77.9 K)

Several times,the ball was in the receivers hands ""when he turned to make his break""

long balls ""float like a butterfly""

and as said___________________he is ""TOUGH AS NAILS""

I think this is the best 1-2 punch at quarterback,we have ever had!!!!!!! GO TIGERS !!!!

Nov 5, 2018, 1:10 PM

Currently, CB is more effective as a deep passing threat. TL has overthrown 5 or 6 of his last attempts, just sayin'...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2018, 7:25 AM

I thought it explained a lot when they revealed that TL throws over 61 mph. If the receivers get into any kind of traffic it has to be almost impossible to be where they need to be.

Nov 6, 2018, 7:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Chase Brice ]

Wouldn't say CB throws a better long ball than TL. TL has thrown a LOT more passes than CB obviously, and by the time CB gets into the game, the defense is worn out and for the most part given up or quit. I'm wondering how the success is going to resonate with quarterbacks coming in looking for immediate playing time. I don't see that happening for at least 3 years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If TL goes down, heaven forbid, on down 1 against the coots,

Nov 5, 2018, 1:13 PM

CB will come in and we will not miss a beat.

Re: If TL goes down, heaven forbid, on down 1 against the coots,

Nov 5, 2018, 9:43 PM

Naw. Straight wildcat with Christian at QB. Who they got that will wanna tackle that fella? He would give a LOT of piggyback rides!

Nov 6, 2018, 9:36 AM

Almost no drop off from #1 to #2 QB, he is very good. KB leaving is giving him the reps now and he's getting playing time. He can run the offense, he's a very accurate passer and makes good decisions (most of the time).... Dabo always talked about him "don't forget ol Chase Brice, he's some moxy"

And he loves Clemson. I don’t see another KB situation.

Nov 6, 2018, 10:20 AM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tigernet.com/amp/story/Despite-QB-depth-chart-Chase-Brice-stays-at-Clemson-No-need-for-me-to-leave-17285

Replies: 14
| visibility 5,183
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic