Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Saban Retires
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

If Saban Retires

Jul 11, 2019, 10:47 PM

In the next year or two, which I think he may, and our recruiting stays at the current level - and our staff stays consistently stable. How many championships in the next ten seasons do y’all think we could win?

I would put my money on six more. Maybe seven. I think it’s true, best is yet to come!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we beat him again this year, convincingly like last year,

Jul 11, 2019, 11:01 PM

he may well pull an Old Ball Sac and hang it up. If that happens, then the veritable sky is the limit for us in the next few years. But first, we have to win two in a row. That, I suspect, will not be as easy as it was last year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we beat him again this year, convincingly like last year,

Jul 12, 2019, 12:35 AM

And we need to play every game with the focus to win and get to the CFP at season's end.
Do not forget that requirement.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Saban Retires

Jul 11, 2019, 11:37 PM

Jul 11, 2019, 11:41 PM

the question assumes all else remains as is... the void which would be Bama sliding into normalcy will be filled by other teams. so, we will still have a fight on our hands even if it's not Saban

Jul 12, 2019, 11:04 AM

I don’t think it assumes an unchallenged ascent by any means. I think it assumes we continue to separate ourselves from other top programs and our biggest obstacle recedes.

Jul 12, 2019, 12:06 AM

It is very unlikely Clemson recruiting stays at this year's level going forward. I want to be totally wrong though.

This is a pivotal year for Alabama. If they under-perform on the field, their recruiting efforts will slide and Saban's decline will begin.

Jul 12, 2019, 12:28 AM

IMO, Saban already waved a white flag right before the the end of the first half of the NC game when he decided to take a knee with time on the clock. Most analysts would agree I think. His armor appeared to be worn thin at that point.

Jul 12, 2019, 4:57 AM

He knew on offense we had his number and on defense they were having trouble getting in the end zone and 3rd down conversions where few and far between.

If Tanner or the CB would have recognized Jeudy had no one on him just a split second sooner they wouldn’t have scored but 9 points period. Tanner was smoking considering how fast he caught up to Jeudy, his straight line speed is unreal. It was a blown coverage by one of the Cb’s and Tanner.

Saban realized if he put more bodies back to try to stop our passing game ETN and Trevor were going to eat his lunch running and if he continued put as many as he could in the box Ross, Higgins and all of WRU was going to eat him up.

Then we started to send 4 and 5 WR sets out and he had to cover man to man and we would run or pass according to Trevor’s read on it. Then we started stacking 3 wr’s on one side if they put 4 guys over there Trevor had one on one on the other or he could run it. We were spreading them out keeping them thinking because Saban’s defense for his corners and safeties is complicated and they had no depth we just wore them out with making them think, running them side to side and we kept putting fresh Wr’s in to make them run. He knew at halftime we had already wore his team out and we were bigger, stronger and much deeper.

He looked like a whipped puppy because he knew he, his players or coaches couldn’t stop it and that copy-cat stuff they hadn’t practiced for. They came to play the same game the SEC tried against him and failed. Let’s bang heads and let Tua throw it down field but he wasn’t counting on the pressure or Brent giving different and multiple looks. We ate his lunch and it was over at halftime period.

We could have made this game a much bigger score but Dabo and crew never went to the 4th quarter plan because we didn’t need it. They were limp noddles the whole 4th quarter. The desperation showed on their faces.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Can you repeat that part about Tanner much louder so

Jul 12, 2019, 8:55 AM

coachmac can hear you in the back? He has about 10 posts where he straight up bashes that kid...you know, a Clemson student-athlete who gives everything he has to our program, his teammates and his coaches?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Can you repeat that part about Tanner much louder so

Jul 12, 2019, 9:58 AM

Tanner is a heck of a player who will play in the NFL probably as a LB. He is one of the fastest guys on the team and he’s not afraid to hit anybody full speed. Dabo plays him because he is the best we have. He’s fast enough to get to a runner fast and make the tackle like he did against Tua on 4th down in the Natty. He also can cover as a CB as well as anyone because of speed. He doesn’t have low loose hips to turn and cut as well as others but makes up for it with angles and speed.

Most of the plays it looks like he gets beat on are because he’s trying to cover for someone else who blew their coverage. Most safeties get blamed for this. We are going to miss him when he leaves because he covers a lot when we blitz the corners. He has gotten better every year an I look forward to seeing him have a great year!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 12, 2019, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Re: If Saban Retires ]

"He knew at halftime we had already wore his team out and we were bigger, stronger and much deeper."

Yes, game was over by halftime; and I suspect Saban knew it. I disagree that we were bigger and stronger. Bama's linemen were visibly superior in size and maybe stronger. I'm convinced Clemson won the line of scrimmage on 3 factors: depth, skills/technique, and heart.

Out of the next 10 seasons I think we will win

Jul 12, 2019, 8:51 AM

10 national championships. And that has nothing to do with whether Saban retires or not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Agreed.

Jul 12, 2019, 8:53 AM

Only Clemson can beat Clemson now, and Clemson has too much talent to let that happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Why can't people understand this?!

Jul 12, 2019, 8:57 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

The answer could be construed as a personal attack...

Jul 12, 2019, 9:02 AM

and therefore counter to the stated bored rules.

Re: Out of the next 10 seasons I think we will win

Jul 12, 2019, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Out of the next 10 seasons I think we will win ]

That is precisely the proper mindset.

11***

Jul 12, 2019, 9:49 AM

6 or 7 is incredibly optimistic for a 10 year stretch

Jul 12, 2019, 11:47 AM

Saban himself managed, what, 5 in 10 years?

Assuming Saban only coaches 2 more years at Bama i would put our O/U for titles in the next 10 years somewhere around 3.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic