Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Conference Realignment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Conference Realignment

Jun 10, 2016, 3:44 PM

I usually am not a fan of the conference realignment discussion, but I figured out a realignment that I really would love to see. I think we should have 4 12 team conferences of the best teams. Unfortunately that means teams like Wake and Purdue go to a lesser conference, but that also gives them a chance at an easier schedule which means a shot at relevance. The divisions in each conference read left to right and the cross division rivals in the order they are listed (Clemson-FSU.. Alabama-LSU).

Grand South Conference
Clemson UGA Scar Tenn UNC Louisville
FSU UF GT Miami NCSt UVA

SEC
Arkansas Alabama Auburn OleMiss A&M MissSt
Texas LSU Oklahoma OkSt TTU TCU

Big 12 (Big 10)
PSU VaTech Wisconsin ND Missouri Nebraska
Wisconsin OSU MSU Michigan Minnesota Iowa

Pac 12
USC UCLA Arizona ASU Utah BYU
Oregon UW WSU OSU Stanford Cal

5th Conference
BC Syracuse Duke Vanderbilt NW Wake
Pitt Purdue Kansas Illinois Indiana KSU
6th Conference
Houston Colorado Tulane SMU Baylor KSU
Memphis Cinci ECU USF UCF Tulsa

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Conference Realignment

Jun 10, 2016, 3:55 PM

WVU and Kentucky?

We need 4 conferences with 16 teams each.

Jun 10, 2016, 4:01 PM

4 teams per pod and 4 pods per conference. Most of the 64 team playoff happens during regular season play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2016, 4:53 PM

How much time did you waste on these scenario?
Do you honestly think UNC is going into a conference,any conference without Duke being in?
And do you honestly think UGA,Scar or FU is going to leave the SEC?Let alone consider it.
And did you think about the cost even if a team wanted to leave.
These major conferences don't have these excessive amounts they can level on a team ( like Maryland)that wants to leave a conference for nothing.
And I doubt seriously any commissioner in his right mind would vote for any conference realignment like your proposing.
A better scenario would be like you have it with FSU/Clemson switchingdivisions ,but not moving a team like Duke out of the ACC or Scar out of the SEC.

Jun 10, 2016, 8:50 PM

If it were 4 16 team conferences done to realign college FB for the better, all 4 conferences should just pay the same....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Calm down bud

Jun 10, 2016, 10:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Conference Realignment ]

It's never going to happen I just thought it would be a cool concept. With your 11,825 posts I would probably say you're the one wasting time. All I know is Clemson and FSU will jump ship if the conference revenue does not increase (you probably don't understand the concept that paying our out fee from the ACC s better if we earn more money from TV), and if that happens the ACC will dissolve. Also I think CFB will realize 16+ team conference will be too big so the conferences could break apart later on into smaller parts. Again, it's one thing to disagree with someone but this was not a post that deserved a rude response from an ignorant poster like you. I'm sure you have an incredible scenario that has no faults that you could share.

Dissolve??

Jun 11, 2016, 7:15 AM

We are talking about the Nations strongest B-Ball conference.......Right????????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: Calm down bud

Jun 11, 2016, 7:47 AM [ in reply to Calm down bud ]

If you are referring to me,first off I'm not a bud.
Secondly,I don't think it was rude,as I was trying to point
out flaws in your scenarios.
And I do understand how payouts work,and tv contracts for that matter:(see Notre Dame).
Finally,I'm not ignorant,as I don't make up scenarios that are not feasible.

Jun 10, 2016, 5:34 PM

And hear I though you were going to be logical and put SCAR in Conference USA or Sunbelt, where they belong. :)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we need 4 - 16 team conferences with relegation

Jun 10, 2016, 9:03 PM

Then have 4 lower tier conferences with however many teams you want. The bottom 4 teams of each major conference would get relegated to the lower league, and the top 4 teams from each lower tier conference would move up each year.

Schools that want to invest in football would be successful, while teams that don't, Wake for example, would get moved out. If a team that got relegated ever got serious about football again, then invest and you can always move back up to big boy football by finishing in the top 4 of the lower tier league.

Winner of each conference goes to the playoff.

Yeah, it's how they do it in European soccer, but it works.

The hard part would be deciding who starts in the top 4 conferences and who starts in the lower conferences. But I'm sure there would be a way to do it.

I like these things

Jun 10, 2016, 9:35 PM

You have to account for major sorts aside from football. Or else the people related to the other major sports who pull weight in the conferences will block every inch of something like this.

When there's no sports and life is making you crazy you can

Jun 10, 2016, 11:02 PM

always hit....

Down time.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was way better before realignment...

Jun 11, 2016, 12:42 AM

10 members in a conference maximum. Then play a 9 game football schedule where everybody plays everybody. Works great for basketball too. Each team has a two game home and away schedule with all league members.

Straighten it out geographically so the non-revenue sports have easy and less expensive travel times and costs. 14 and 16 team conferences suck.

Jun 11, 2016, 8:04 AM

No LSU?

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic