Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CJ update
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

CJ update

Oct 4, 2018, 11:46 AM

Here is a recent report on CJ - very tragic. Don't know if true or not.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/10/04/c-j-fuller-dead-at-22-clemson-teammates-shocked/

8:20 AM PT -- A source extremely close to Fuller tells us the football star had gone to physical therapy to rehab his knee in the hours before his death ... and it was clear something was wrong.

We're told Fuller tore his ACL playing in a flag football game roughly 2 weeks ago and had surgery to repair the injury at the end of September.

Fuller went to physical therapy for the first time on Wednesday (10/3) as part of his recovery and completed a full session without issue.

When he arrived back to his home, we're told he "went to the ground" and asked for water -- clearly feeling something was wrong.

People close to C.J. called for an ambulance and he was rushed to a nearby hospital. He was pronounced dead a short time later.

There are rumblings Fuller's death was a direct result of complications from the knee surgery -- but we're told that hasn't been determined yet.

We spoke with the coroner who told us a death investigation is underway.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like the “blood clot” theory works..

Oct 4, 2018, 11:50 AM

Sounds a lot like a pulmonary embolism . A devastating, unexpected loss to his family I’m sure

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sounds like the “blood clot” theory works..

Oct 4, 2018, 12:32 PM

30% of people with clots die without ever knowing they were at risk. 10% die even after receiving treatment.

I found out 3 months ago--when forced to spend a week in the hospital--that I live with multiple clots in both legs.

The therapy to prevent clots is the exact opposite for when you know you already have them. To prevent clotting, you want to elevate the lower legs and keep them active; however, if you already have a clot, the last thing you want to do is shake it loose to return to the vital organ area. It's like sending an out-of-control freight train into a populated area.
For known clots, doctors will prescribe blood thinners, a salt-free diet with lots of healthy liquids (no caffeine), not sitting for more than 45 minutes, frequent moderate (not strenuous!) exercise, and stopping any of the risk-causing behaviors (usually alcohol or tobacco consumption). Basically trying to break down the clots gradually but without elevating blood pressure to unsafe levels.

Apparently I have high clotting factors that not only make the blood "sticky" but also keep the clots from being as migratory as for most people. That's why I'm still here. But I also know when too much accumulate, they will again cause massive pulmonary embolisms and result in heart attack or stroke.

Prayers for the Fuller family. What a tragic loss of someone who was far healthier than I.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CJ update

Oct 4, 2018, 11:57 AM

If connected to surgery, could family sue for malpractice?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't have medical background but

Oct 4, 2018, 11:59 AM

I don't believe that the assumed cause of death is a direct result of anything done during surgery. I believe it would have more to do with how his body reacted after the surgery. No wrongdoing by the doctor. Simply a very unfortunate turn of events.

Could anyone sue a doc at anytime for anything?

Oct 4, 2018, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Re: CJ update ]

Sure but post op , particularly with an operation that relatively immobilizes you, is simply a high risk time for clots, and subsequent PE’s. Very unlikely to be a “doc error” kind of issue, just an unfortunate relatively rare physiologic consequence of surgery and its associated period of recovery and attendant immobility

^^^^THIS^^^^

Oct 4, 2018, 12:07 PM

Everybody always wanting to sue...Maybe he was noncompliant with the doctor's orders post op...

Message was edited by: haydencopesc®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^^THIS^^^^

Oct 4, 2018, 12:12 PM

where I live there is usually ad after ad for ambulance chasers. no shortage of attoneys willing to sue

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2018, 12:17 PM

Yeah...quite common anymore....Not sure what that says about society today.......

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2018, 12:21 PM

Yeah you are. we all are. everything offends everyone and if you can turn it into a big payday you do.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^^THIS^^^^ I mean

Oct 4, 2018, 12:32 PM

all of us know what is going on in society. sadly a nation of folks looking to be offended

Bad things can happen to compliant patients too

Oct 4, 2018, 12:21 PM [ in reply to ^^^^THIS^^^^ ]

My daughter's friend had hernia surgery followed all instructions and died of a pulmonary embolism at 20 years old.ly

All surgery is potentially life threatening.

Even more sobering, my friend's 60 year old healthy wife woke up two weeks ago complaining of chest pain and hard to breathe. He called ambulance and she literally dies as he went to the door to let them in. She did not have surgery, normal weight, exercised, etc. They didn't do an autopsy but believe it was a pulmonary embolism.

Re: CJ update

Oct 4, 2018, 12:20 PM

Such a tragic story.
GO TIGERS!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's awful***

Oct 4, 2018, 12:21 PM

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive