Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CBS Sports - sees 7 wins for Coots
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

CBS Sports - sees 7 wins for Coots

Jun 20, 2018, 5:58 PM

South Carolina
7 wins: The Gamecocks get wide receiver/special teams ace Deebo Samuel back to work with fellow receiver Bryan Edwards, have an established quarterback in Jake Bentley and an experienced defense that should be more consistent with more time under coach Will Muschamp and defensive coordinator Travaris Robinson. Georgia and Clemson are likely losses, but the rest of the schedule is loaded with toss-ups. Will they lose three more games in addition to the two likely losses to get to a push? I don't see it. -- Over -120, Under EVEN

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2018-sec-win-total-picks-predictions-alabama-georgia-have-big-numbers-to-cover/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CBS Sports - sees 7 wins for Coots

Jun 20, 2018, 6:06 PM

Difficult to tell this time of year. They won’t have the benefit of playing four teams who will fire their coaches at the end of the year. I count FL and A&M as losses. Last year they were a 6-7 win team that happened to have a 9 win record because of a sorry schedule. They have a lot of people fooled going into this season. I’m not one of them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2018, 6:14 PM

We’ve gone through the W/L predictions here a few times this offseason. 5-7 wins for them. 7 is the ceiling though.

Do you have something else to talk about? How do the Buckeyes look this year?***

Jun 20, 2018, 6:42 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2018, 6:45 PM [ in reply to Re: CBS Sports - sees 7 wins for Coots ]

6-6. 3 of their wins last year were horseshoe wins. Horseshoe don't stay up the butt but 1 year at a time. It fell out in the Michigan game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They've had a horseshoe for 2 years now

Jun 20, 2018, 7:43 PM

Their 2016 team was even luckier than the 2017 team according to Bill Connely's 2nd order wins stat.

Jun 20, 2018, 11:28 PM [ in reply to Re: CBS Sports - sees 7 wins for Coots ]

No way. With the best quarterback in the SEC throwing to the best offensive player in the SEC???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I see more like 6-8 wins

Jun 20, 2018, 7:42 PM [ in reply to Re: CBS Sports - sees 7 wins for Coots ]

They have 3 games against Coastal, Marshall, and Chattanooga that they certainly should win. They also have a bunch of tossup games in that 40-60% range. I would put at Vandy, at Kentucky, Missouri, Tennessee, Texas A&M, and maybe even at Ole Miss all in that group. It's possible that they just bomb this group of games and go 1-5 or 2-4, but i think 3-3 is a realistic expectation and if they were to win maybe 4/6 i wouldn't be surprised.

They probably won't beat UGA at home or Florida on the road and they almost certainly won't beat Clemson on the road, but i would be a bit surprised if they finish worse than 6-6 and they could win 7 or 8 with some luck.

He took the over 7***

Jun 20, 2018, 7:35 PM

Re: He took the over 7***

Jun 20, 2018, 7:50 PM

It would not be a surprise to me if either Coastal or Marshall beat them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2018, 10:25 PM

Come back to me in December when we have at LEAST 8 wins, most likely 8-10. Write it, stamp it, take it to the bank, and cash it. I NEVER make guarantees but this time I am doing it.

We will not lose more than 3 games. We will most likely lose to UGA and Clemson and then lose one we shouldn’t ala A&M, but Mizzou, UT, Vandy, UF are all $hitshows and it’s going to take major time and effort to turn them around. We will continue to capitalize and rise towards the top of the East.

(BTW....why do I keep getting thumbs down and have a super low pulse!?! I don’t thumbs down anyone on this board. I actually give you all mostly a thumbs up, even if it is a negative post making fun of or attacking me, I don’t care I’m a nice person. I’ll give the thumbs up anytime no matter what.)

Message was edited by: CarolinaGrad2014

Your pulse will be your win total

Jun 20, 2018, 10:31 PM

Message was edited by: under11par®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Your pulse will be you win total

Jun 20, 2018, 10:38 PM

How did he edit without an ®?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2018, 10:39 PM [ in reply to Re: He took the over 7*** ]

QB: average (and I’m being nice)
RB: below average
WR: above average
OL: below average
DL: average
LB: below average
DB: below average
ST: average
Coach: average/unknown (new OC)

You got one unit that is above average and many below. Your only saving grace is an easy schedule. If you are going to predict 8-10 wins, at least give plausible reasons.

Jun 20, 2018, 11:12 PM [ in reply to Re: He took the over 7*** ]

Go to bed and dream a bit more, little boy.

Jun 20, 2018, 11:37 PM [ in reply to Re: He took the over 7*** ]

8 wins sounds about right given the weakness of your schedule. That'll get you another trip to the Outhouse Bowl against a barely ranked Big 10 team or perhaps the Belk Bowl against Wake if you're lucky. I guess that's about as good as it gets for a program like SC. It doesn't get easier long term for you either with Bama, LSU and Auburn rolling onto your schedule soon. Have fun watching the playoffs from your couch at home. If you're nice we'll send a postcard.

Jun 21, 2018, 11:38 AM

Funny how we’ve beaten Alabama TWICE when they were coming off of national title seasons, and we beat a stout team in 2010. Why can’t we beat them? Because by clemson logic clemson is better than Carolina and if clemson can’t beat them, we can’t?

Jun 21, 2018, 12:52 PM

Didn't say you can't beat them...Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then...And if I remember correctly the team we beat for the national title was named Alabama, so yes we can beat them too.

Jun 21, 2018, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Re: He took the over 7*** ]

You could power a rocket ship to Pluto with the preseason hopes of the Chickens.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 8-10 wins....so which is it? 8 or 9 or 10?

Jun 21, 2018, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Re: He took the over 7*** ]

Coot!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

UF and UT are breaking in new coaches for

Jun 21, 2018, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Re: He took the over 7*** ]

Sure, but chitshows? They have the talent needed to win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: UF and UT are breaking in new coaches for

Jun 21, 2018, 1:20 PM

As I remember they did last season as well and what happened?

That's because you play a bunch of patsies...

Jun 21, 2018, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Re: He took the over 7*** ]

Your team has improved very little from the three win year. You just happen to be playing a bunch of lousy opponents and in the worst Power 5 Division in college football.

As it generally the case, you'll get blown-out by the only decent opponents you face (i.e., Clemson and Georgia).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: That's because you play a bunch of patsies...

Jun 21, 2018, 1:21 PM

That’s BULL$hit and that’s orange koolaid. The SEC is BY far the premiere conference in all of the land and it doesn’t matter which division you are on so eat it!

How do you manage to type...

Jun 21, 2018, 2:05 PM

with your head stuck so far up your a$$.

It's apparently a prerequisite for admission to the University of Second Choice.

You deluded goobers clearly aren't too bright but you sure are good for a laugh.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If what you say is true (which it isn't) how do you

Jun 21, 2018, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Re: That's because you play a bunch of patsies... ]

delusional idiots get your azzes whipped year after year to an ACC team? Eat on that. Coot!!

Screw Calford.

Re: That's because you play a bunch of patsies...

Jun 21, 2018, 9:21 PM [ in reply to Re: That's because you play a bunch of patsies... ]

The sec is good but the east is not a premiere division by any means. Not saying the ACC is great either. Any power 5 team not named Kansas is a challenge on any game day. Props to y'all and I hope to see y'all with 10 Ws come late November.

lol***

Jun 21, 2018, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re: He took the over 7*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Jun 21, 2018, 6:38 PM [ in reply to Re: He took the over 7*** ]

I could see y'all winning 10 games but I would not bank it if I were you. You guys could easily lose to Clemson, UGA, Mizz, A&M, Tenn, Ole Miss, and Kentucky. Y'all are a good team but not head and shoulders above most the teams on the schedule.

Jun 21, 2018, 7:32 PM [ in reply to Re: He took the over 7*** ]

Ryan Fleming, Gamecock Will, and now....CarolinaGrad2014. Sheesh what an ensemble of idiots. Glad they're on the other side. Makes for great entertainment, and maybe they could make great pets.

Jun 27, 2018, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Re: He took the over 7*** ]

COOT, You need to go back to the hen house. You always bringing up irrelevant COOT stats that don't mean a thing. COOTS suck and always have and always will.

Jun 21, 2018, 4:16 PM [ in reply to Re: He took the over 7*** ]

Na, in my opinion South Carolina is the type of team that won't lose to those ultimate cupcakes, but isn't going to knock off any of the better teams. The middling teams like Kentucky, Vandy and Mizzou are where they'll likely go 2-1 or 1-2, with probably a split with Florida/Tennessee.

Jun 21, 2018, 4:17 PM

+ loss against A&M

Jun 20, 2018, 10:44 PM

I'll fix it for CBS .
Clemson and UGA are leadpipe lock losses . They'll be pummelled in both .
Florida, Texas A&M and UT are most likely losses .
The rest except FCS whoever and the Nashville Medical College are toss ups .

I see 5 wins here . No problem saying that .

DB23

Jun 20, 2018, 11:14 PM

More than likely.

Jun 21, 2018, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: CBS Sports - sees 7 wins for Coots ]

IF we were to beat UGA at Home and start 2-0 would you change your prediction of 5 wins?

Jun 22, 2018, 10:50 AM

no

Jun 20, 2018, 11:17 PM

7 wins...

Mr. Obi, this article predicts OVER 7 wins for

Jun 20, 2018, 11:19 PM

cooterville. Just so you know. The only way ANY prediction has any validity is if they predicted 9 wins last season and a bowl win over BIG team. I doubt anyone predicted that, so this prediction is just throwing crap out there hoping to get lucky.

Surprised to see coot football on your mind in mid june...

They will have 6 to 9 wins.

Jun 21, 2018, 5:31 AM

I think they get 8 wins.

Well Kentucky isn't in the desert

Jun 21, 2018, 7:14 AM

and Auburn was SEC (not just SEC West) champs, so the guy who wrote this has basically no clue.

I'm going for 7, Alex.

Crap, Georgia was. I guess I don't either.***

Jun 21, 2018, 7:15 AM

7 wins? That means Citadel is not on their schedule

Jun 21, 2018, 10:38 AM

this year...

Jun 21, 2018, 10:53 AM

In 2016 SC was a 4 win team that won 6 games.

In 2017 SC was a 6 win team that won 9.

The reasons are pretty obvious. Turnovers and luck.

In the past 2 years SC won 5 games where they were out gained in total yards. No team in the Nation can make that claim.

Last year alone they were out gained by and average of 40 yards per game. No 9 win team in the Nation was even close to that.

Last years team also went 5 and 1 in games decided by a TD or less and won another by 8 pts.

Folks the worm has to turn sometime. 2018 could be that year.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if they only get 7 wins with that schedule then they do suk

Jun 21, 2018, 11:49 AM

they should get 9 wins easy based on the weakness of that schedule. They play UGA and Us and who else??

All their psuedo tough games are at home. Maybe a loss to UF away. Ole miss will be a 3 win team so will Vandy and Kentucky, Then tenn and ATM at home.. those two teams will be rebuilds this year. And their out of conference is always a cake walk. MAybe marshall gives them a run but i doubt it. UGA and Clemson both will maul them but the rest are winnable b/c there isnt' much over there this year. They don't play bama or auburn or Lsu (maybe)UF (maybe) and thats the only teams to worry with over there these days.

So 2 def losses and probably one other (maybe UF away, or a dumb loss to Tenn or ATM) leaves them 10-2 or 9-3. 8-4 is possible but 7-5 means they lost every game of note on the schedule. (UGA, Clem, UF, and ATM, TENN at home.) That might get muschump on the hot seat. Don't think that happens. I see 3 losses.(which are dawgs, us, and gators.)

I think they also lose to both Florida and Texas A&M***

Jun 21, 2018, 1:13 PM

7-5 overall, 4-4 sec...

Jun 21, 2018, 12:02 PM

1. Coastal Carolina - W
2. Georgia - L
3. Marshall - W
4. at Vanderbilt - W
5. at Kentucky - L
6. Missouri - W
7. Texas A&M - L
8. Tennessee - W
9. at Ole Miss - W
10.at Florida - L
11.Chattanooga - W
12.CLEMSON - L

Marshall and Kentucky could go either way IMO. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Re: 7-5 overall, 4-4 sec...

Jun 21, 2018, 7:44 PM

Looks pretty accurate to me.

Re: 7-5 overall, 4-4 sec...

Jun 25, 2018, 11:13 AM [ in reply to 7-5 overall, 4-4 sec... ]

I think they go 8-4. Probably finally beat A&M at home this year. First year coach and alot of people left for A&M.

Works out good for me, They come in the Clemson game ranked #24 ish. We blow them out of the water per usual, knock them out of the top 25, and end their season with another outback bowl bid while we get ready for the CFP.

More ranked wins for us, more mediocrity for them. I will say, they will be better than last year. They didnt lose much. But no where comparable to us.

I believe they'll manage 8 wins

Jun 21, 2018, 7:19 PM

over the next 2 seasons.

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic