Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another mass killing with 12 dead as of now. This killer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 4,319

Another mass killing with 12 dead as of now. This killer

Nov 8, 2018, 6:45 AM

went into a night club in California where they were giving line dancing lessons, and he first opened fire on the security guard killing him. The killer then began throwing smoke grenades, then he started shooting anybody he saw moving that was trying to get out. When the first police officer got there, the killer killed him. The good thing in this story is that the killer was killed dead dead on the scene. The only way I believe to stop people from being in semi trapped situations like that is, have like a secure tube like entrance, with room for only one at a time, that will perform a quick metal detection scan of every person entering, if a weapon of any type is detected, lock them inside the metal detector until they have been disarmed and arrested. Let the only way in the night club, or any where there will be a large gathering, only be through a metal detector tube like cage. A cover charge at the door would pay for such a device in 6 months. My question is, how much is the safety of an innocent human worth to go out to socialize and have a good time. Open a club like that and it would be priceless compared to the money you could make with your customers knowing they would be safe while on the inside of your night club!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another mass killing with 12 dead as of now. This killer

Nov 8, 2018, 7:21 AM

So basically a revolving door with lockdown capabilities? That sounds good in theory, but you still have to ensure the safety of people waiting in line to get through the isolation chamber.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2018, 7:32 AM

I like where you’re trying to go with that. But you then have a crowd outside the club waiting to get in. Killers don’t care where the crowd is. As long as there’s a crowd. Marathons, office buildings, sports arenas have all been hit. People are bat $hit crazy these days. So sad.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Nov 8, 2018, 7:41 AM

why was there not a gun behind the bar at a country bar no less. oh well it is california.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

An officer with a gun was there...and was killed.***

Nov 8, 2018, 7:57 AM

Re: An officer with a gun was there...and was killed.***

Nov 8, 2018, 9:22 AM

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh. you snowflakes are something else. the officer arrived after a lot of the damage had been done. pretty sure a gun behind the bar would have stopped some of the killing.

What difference was how much damage had been done make?

Nov 8, 2018, 9:44 AM

If anything, the killer should have been lower on ammo by the time the cops got there.

Cop got killed. Cop had a gun. Can't explain that.

It's almost as if 95% of the time, it doesn't play out like the heros in the movies.

Re: What difference was how much damage had been done make?

Nov 9, 2018, 5:32 AM

Source?

I just made a calm statement of fact...

Nov 8, 2018, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Re: An officer with a gun was there...and was killed.*** ]

Not sure who the "snowflake" is in this exchange...

Re: An officer with a gun was there...and was killed.***

Nov 8, 2018, 9:52 AM [ in reply to An officer with a gun was there...and was killed.*** ]

Security guards and police officers OPENLY carry their firearms on full display on their hip. This makes them targets. The killer can case his target location, see and armed guard openly carrying a gun, and kill him first.

This is why concealed carry is monumentally important.

but inside a building you're confined and escape is limited

Nov 8, 2018, 8:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Another mass killing with 12 dead as of now. This killer ]

outside you're not going to be as confined. Still not a perfect situation but way better than inside a building.

Nov 8, 2018, 8:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Another mass killing with 12 dead as of now. This killer ]

My next suggestion is to do what I do best, I stay out of clubs and bars where trouble is easy to find, but, I'm not 20 years out chasing the girls anymore. But catch me any other place that I go, and if they don't shoot me in the back when they first start killing people, everybody after I hear or see the shooter will be safe bc I will put some heat on his A$S that is very hot. At 10 yards with my Smith Shield, I can hit a two liter bottle with all 8 rounds with 40 Plus P ammo. And yes, I know that I would risk my life so save others, and from 15 20 yards, I know I could stop a man killing innocent people!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2018, 7:39 AM

I went thru 2 airport security checks last week, and even being old as dirt, they treated me like a criminal. That chit sucks IMO. I hate that we have managed to become such a weird society. It has become apparent that you simply cannot fix this. I do wish that anyone that takes lives like this, shoots police officers, etc should be executed immediately after conviction and never spend their life in a jail.

Nov 8, 2018, 8:14 AM

I agree.I don’t want to have to pay taxes that go to keeping someone like that in jail. It not killed on the spot,arrest, speedy trial,strap their #### in “The Chair“, and flip the switch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2018, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Another mass killing with 12 dead as of now. This killer ]

Nor waste tax dollars on a trial.
Put them in a medieval stockade and abuse them slowly until they are dead!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2018, 8:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Another mass killing with 12 dead as of now. This killer ]

That one killer was taken care of the right way, the cops shot him down like the rabid dog he was!!!

Nov 8, 2018, 7:44 AM

Supposedly he killed himself. I look forward to finding out who the monster was and what his motive was.

this is my least favorite part of these shootings

Nov 8, 2018, 9:20 AM

People can't wait to see who did it so they can celebrate if it's someone who fits their narrative (immigrant, Muslim, white man, right wing extremist etc )

Re: this is my least favorite part of these shootings

Nov 8, 2018, 9:39 AM

I don't have a narrative with the shooter. I am interested to see what pigeon hole he fits though. I have no expectations.

probably in this case it's one of those

Nov 8, 2018, 10:08 AM

"Incels" who hate normal people having a good time at a bar

And when it catches on fire they all die as they trip all

Nov 8, 2018, 8:01 AM

over each other trying to get through the "tube."

Yep.***

Nov 8, 2018, 8:04 AM

Re: And when it catches on fire they all die as they trip all

Nov 8, 2018, 8:58 AM [ in reply to And when it catches on fire they all die as they trip all ]

Familiar with required fire exits?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he didn't say that was the only way out, just only way in

Nov 8, 2018, 1:51 PM [ in reply to And when it catches on fire they all die as they trip all ]

...but I'd thought that for a half second, too

whale

Nov 8, 2018, 5:05 PM [ in reply to And when it catches on fire they all die as they trip all ]

If you are flammable and have legs you are never blocking a fire exit

$1 to Mitch RIP

Literally said the only way in is through the tube, not the

Nov 9, 2018, 7:32 AM [ in reply to And when it catches on fire they all die as they trip all ]

only way out. Ever been in an airport? You do know there are many many many ways out of the terminal, right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Nov 8, 2018, 8:31 AM

Seems like banning guns would be a lot easier than what you suggest.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Nov 8, 2018, 8:37 AM

Yeah ...... and how are you going to do that?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2018, 8:44 AM

Coot Troll Answer of the Day

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2018, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Another mass killing with 12 dead as of now. This killer ]

Can we figure a way to ban guns from the bad guys?

The ban gun theory works well when it’s taken away from the bad guys. Problem is, the bad guys are the ones who know how to recoup them.

Bingo

Nov 8, 2018, 8:40 AM

And theres that little issue of the 2nd amendment...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2018, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Another mass killing with 12 dead as of now. This killer ]

Bad guys want guns banned. Just like they want drugs banned. There is more money when they are all illegal.

Nov 8, 2018, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Another mass killing with 12 dead as of now. This killer ]

It’s amazing how so many people fall for this logic trap.

Why do you not realize that it means there will be much fewer bad guys with guns.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Wut the wut?!?

Nov 8, 2018, 1:38 PM

With that logic, you should just focus on getting rid of bad guys! That way it doesn’t infringe on anyone else’s rights!

Nov 8, 2018, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Another mass killing with 12 dead as of now. This killer ]

Because there are 600 million firearms in the US in civilian hands alone.

HALF of all firearms confiscated from criminals are handmade from materials bought at Home Depot, by the way.

Also remember, the right to possess and bear arms is an extension of the human right to defend your life.

Not to mention, a simple google search will reveal documents published by America's Founding Fathers whom explicitly stated that the 2nd Amendment is fully intended to allow civilians the right to own whatever weaponry they want in order to fend off the US government should it be necessary to do so.

In fact, one private citizen asked Thomas Jefferson to what extent the 2nd Amendment allowed private ownership of firearms. Jefferson basically replied and said something to the effect that if said private citizen wanted to own a warship outfitted with enough artillery to completely and single-handily destroy New York City, said private citizen has the right to own such weapons.

So no, banning guns will not work. Not only is it logistically impossible, but it also violates a crucial human right to self preservation and the preservation of liberty.

Don't like it? Too bad.

Hold up, what?

Nov 9, 2018, 7:34 AM

"HALF of all firearms confiscated from criminals are handmade from materials bought at Home Depot, by the way."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

By your logic, there would be less murders if we made

Nov 8, 2018, 6:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Another mass killing with 12 dead as of now. This killer ]

killing people illegal

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2018, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Another mass killing with 12 dead as of now. This killer ]

How does that work?
Oh yeah, I get it! Then only the bad guys would have guns...

Nov 8, 2018, 10:04 AM

Many of our movies, TV programs and even video games are based on violence. Do these mass murderers try to emulate what they witness constantly? Are they seeking soon sort of "instant glory" even though most will never live to gloat over their heinous act? Revenge does not appear the be the motive of mass murderers since their targets have no known contact with the shooter.

We need only look at Chicago and other cities where there are laws banning guns and realize banning guns is a no-win situation.

We can debate the issue until the cows come home but we need a concerted effort to find a solution. Unfortunately, any type of solution will probably have some affect on our present constitutional rights.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2018, 4:46 PM

Disagree. There is a very clear solution that we are capable of delivering. The problem is, most of the people calling for solutions focus on banning guns, which does not work, leaves people vulnerable and defenseless, and violates constitutional and human rights.

The people who call for bans on firearms, do so for 2 reasons:

1. They are busy-body, do gooders who thrive off of virtue signalling and reacting through emotion. They do not think logically, and they have a serious lack of critical thinking skills. This comprises the majority of people who call for increased gun regulations. They do not think, they only feel, and they take the narcissistic position that their opinion is morally superior.

2. They use tragedies like this to push for more gun regulations, with the goal of disarming the population for malicious goals. A population that is unarmed and defenseless cannot defend itself from those who are armed. These people seek to disarm the population in order to hold it hostage. The people, being unable to resist or force the government to earn their consent, are subjected to the will of those who are in power and have an arsenal at their disposal to force the people to bow to their will.

We live in an incredibly rare period of time in human history where those of us in the developed "1st world" experience no war, no famine, no plague, no significant disease. Its called "Pax Americana", which is a parody of the phrase "Pax Romana", or the "peace of Rome".

This "Peace of Rome" was a false peace. Citizens within Italy and the city of Rome enjoyed luxuries that were unattainable to most other places. The pwoerful Roman army ensured that all true warfare and malice was restricted to the farthest reaches of the empire. Roman citizens in the homeland enjoyed a false sense of peace. They had fancy cities, fancy materialistic things, good health, and plenty of food. They grew fat, happy, complacent, and soft. They scoffed at the idea of being conquered, because in their fat and happy false reality, they couldn't imagine it. Thus, corruption grew and Rome rotted from the inside.

We are now in a similar phase in America. People call for the abolishing of the 2nd Amendment because we are SO wealthy and we are so fortunate to have the wealth and riches that we have that modern Americans simply cannot comprehend the notion of a tyrannical dictator, or slavery, or genocide, or nation-destroying plagues and diseases, or any other number of horrible man-made or natural threats. The developed world is so fat and happy, and so mindlessly zoned out in our infotainment society that we scoff at the idea of a government killing half of our population in a holocaust, "it couldn't happen here!" they say with happy ignorance. We have to overhype tragedies and gorge ourselves on violent media to even get a picture of it. We don't respond to tragedies with actual shock, fear, and disgust, we react with enthusiasm and a bucket of popcorn like its a thriller movie.

All it takes is one war, one tyrant, one natural disaster, one plague to bring that all crashing down. Consider the fact that governments have killed nearly 400 million people from genocide and war alone in the last 100 years. You are 20 times more likely to die from your own government than a car wreck.

Also consider the fact that only about 31,000 people die from gun violence in the US every year. Approximately 20,000 of those are suicides, which you cannot really count towards gun violence as suicide is an entirely different matter all together. That leaves us with about 11,000 per year who die from gun violence. Over 10,000 of those deaths come from STOLEN handguns at the hands of criminals enacting violence on other criminals. Most of the other 1,000 deaths come from domestic disputes. In a nation of 380 million people, that means only .000028% of our population is affected by true gun violence.

Put that into perspective. There is no gun violence epidemic in this country. There are approximately 400-600 million guns in the hands of citizens alone, if there were a gun violence epidemic, you would know.

Take those stats on gun violence, and compare them to the numbers we see about government-genocide alone (called "democide"), and the stark reality and purpose of the 2nd Amendment becomes painfully clear.

In this country, we have a very, very rare ability for private citizens to have nearly unrestricted access to some of the most powerful weapons in the history of mankind. At the same time, today, more people own guns in America than ever before. In addition to that, violent crime is the lowest it has ever been in this country, which is among the lowest it has ever been in human history.

And with that access to these weapons, Americans live beside each other in relative peaceful unity. Yes, we have political strife, but it is not much more than immature, childish bickering. We arent gunning each other down left and right. We are, by all measures, a peaceful society, despite how heavily armed we are.

We should remember where we came from. We should acknowledge the horrors that billions of people have to face every day on this planet. We should acknowledge and respect our right to bear arms, and we should acknowledge that we live in a rare period of extreme wealth and prolific peace, and we should remember that the horrors the rest of the world faces could come to our doorstep overnight.

We should do everything we can to maintain our rich, peaceful society, and we should maintain the 2nd Amendment and remind ourselves that this peace and wealth we experience could easily be taken from us, and we must do everything we can to maintain it.

We should not let a very small number of mentally deranged people convince us to give up our very rare, and very precious, Constitutional rights simply in the name of a false sense of security.

Then honest citizens would be turning in their guns, not

Nov 8, 2018, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Another mass killing with 12 dead as of now. This killer ]

criminals. Criminals aren't going to turn in their guns and they will get them on the street. Then you will see them going into many more crowds because they know that they are "gun free" areas and they know that they won't have to worry about anyone protecting themselves and returning fire.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While I hate line dancing,

Nov 8, 2018, 10:11 AM

I do feel that was a bit extreme.

Nov 8, 2018, 10:27 AM

Ian David Long
Former Marine
Owned Gun Legally
.45 caliber

Sounds like mental issues.

He looks so sane in his picture...

Nov 8, 2018, 10:32 AM
IanLong.jpg(63.3 K)

Nov 8, 2018, 1:45 PM

Very reasonable proposal in my view. That's a good place to start.

my old bank had that

Nov 8, 2018, 5:10 PM

it was a little isolation chamber where you walked in, doors locked on both sides, you pass through metal detector where the lobby can see you and door unlocks.

it's great for a place like a bank where there isn't a line to get in.

i don't see it being practical for areas with high traffic flow.

the thought of a mass shooter did cross my mind while standing in line to vote the other day. no cops, no guns, just a lot of people gathered in a spot standing in line.

Replies: 45
| visibility 4,319
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic