Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, some of the Clemson student body is finally
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

So, some of the Clemson student body is finally

Aug 30, 2017, 10:16 PM

learning that there is a cost - above and beyond tuition - for the more enjoyable things in life. Even those that are a "part" of the college experience....like a football game. Good for them.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: So, some of the Clemson student body is finally

Aug 30, 2017, 10:25 PM

I know what I paid for tuition, and it was a lot less than they pay now. It also came with free tickets.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2017, 10:47 PM

Yep.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: student free tickets???

Aug 31, 2017, 2:16 AM [ in reply to Re: So, some of the Clemson student body is finally ]

I was there a large chunk of the 70s.. The tickets were not free at that time. They were part of the $35.00 per semester Student Activity Fee. (That's what it was when I started there).
Showed your Activity Card, and picked up your tickets.
Student section tickets were pretty inexpensive at that time, I'm thinking approx $7 +/- a couple of bucks. That is, if you didn't pay the Student Activity Fee.
GO TIGERS!!!

Message was edited by: CUalum79ALLn65®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But Guys.......

Aug 31, 2017, 2:57 AM

I was there '81 - '86. We had it great with free tickets to everything and cheap easy to get tickets to most away games. But if I knew up front there was a risk to be ticketless I would have done whatever I needed to before hand to insure I was in the stadium not whine to any one that would listen when the risk went against me........

They told us at the first freshman orientation the rules for football tickets. Just as they tell every one attending now what the rules are before they show up and every one is well informed of any changes along the way.

Granted, today they pay a lot more for a year of Clemson learnin' than the old days but if football tickets are important to you there is ample time to save up another 1500 or so to buy yourself a season ticket.

Given the rules in place a long time there should be no surprise now that they are enforced.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2017, 10:40 PM

iYes, they are paying plenty and deserve free tickets. I feel sad for those that want to go but can't get a ticket. My most memorable game was my first one as a freshman. I went to CU from over 350 miles away, knew no one, and had no frame of reference. How Amazing !

Also, fro so far away I didn't get the memo that you had to pick up your ticket for the USC ( I assumed the Trojans ) very early in the semester. I was one sad pup when i had to sit in the dorm and listen on the radio.

So I feel their pain.

Aug 30, 2017, 10:41 PM

sorry didn't prof read. I guess I get a TPF for that one. Oh well, I got plenty TPFs as a freshman.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic