Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brownell took us to the Sweet 16 one year but/also lost to Oakland High School
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Feb 10, 2019, 3:01 PM

Do Brownell supporters remember that? The school that beat us in the NIT that was practically equivalent to Francis Marion in Florence?

To me, in my honest opinion, every time Brownell hits rock bottom ,he does “just enough” to get the fans and administration back on his side., with some sort of “big win”

This season, or perhaps the next, is the writing on the wall. He’s a great man with good character, but is he a good basketball coach? 10 years later, we “still don’t know.”

Amirite ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brownell took us to the Sweet 16 one year but/also lost to Oakland High School

Feb 10, 2019, 3:06 PM

If he goes to the tournament this year it will be 2 in a row. Then the recruiting is getting better too. That's enough to keep him around. Kind of hard to get rid of a guy who does that.

Re: Brownell took us to the Sweet 16 one year but/also lost to Oakland High School

Feb 10, 2019, 3:12 PM

Yes, i wholeheartedly agree . We seem to be clicking now and I hope we can win out giving Clemson enough to put us over the edge for another consecutive Tournament berth.

Feb 10, 2019, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Brownell took us to the Sweet 16 one year but/also lost to Oakland High School ]

Agree. Hanging him when the best free throw shooter misses four in a row to lose the game was all we heard five games ago.. Wins four in a row, beats an 11th ranked team since and it’s only just enough. Weak....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

with 8 games remaining, we have to win games against

Feb 10, 2019, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Brownell took us to the Sweet 16 one year but/also lost to Oakland High School ]

probable tourney teams. this team will not win out, i.e., win 12 in a row to finish the season. in those 8 games are still games against unc, Cuse, Louisville and fsu; all are probable losses and they all are probable tourney teams. the four wins would be pitt, bc, notre dame, and miami; the ACC bottom feeders. to get stronger tourney consideration, we have to get wins over probable tourney teams... going 1 - 12 against probable tourney teams gives us no story with the committee to select us, especially as the 8th or 9th team from the conference...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: with 8 games remaining, we have to win games against

Feb 10, 2019, 5:54 PM

I have no idea whether we make the tournament this year, but I’m happy for the win and like the fight in the team. I do think we win more than we lose this month and take Louisville and probably Cuse or FSU. I’d love to see us beat FSU. I can’t stand Hamilton. Arrogant plick.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2019, 6:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Brownell took us to the Sweet 16 one year but/also lost to Oakland High School ]

Right now we are on a 4 game win streak which is great and beating VT was awesome.
But 3 of those games we played teams with very young players vs 5 year SRs. VT is good but probably not a top 10 when it’s all said and done.
Plus they were without their QB Saturday.
There is no excuse that this Veteran team does not make the Dance this season.
We have seen this more than one season at this point in the year the Tigers disappear.
We actually have a team if coached right is built for a run. We shall see but if we miss out and lose games down the stretch we should win .
I don’t see any reason that this coaching staff should remain.

I don't remember playing a high school team***

Feb 10, 2019, 3:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't remember playing a high school team***

Feb 10, 2019, 3:15 PM

This was the game. Oakland was good that year too.

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=ToVgXMfjNa_r5gKumL3wDg&q=clemson+vs+oakland+basketball&btnK=Google+Search&oq=clemson+vs+oakland+basketball&gs_l=psy-ab.3..33i22i29i30l7.1083.12527..12876...1.0..0.2215.10105.6j12j3j2j1j8-2j1....2..0....1..gws-wiz.....6..35i39j0i131j0j0i10j33i10j33i299.Ys0ddZeBEzE#btnK=Google%20Search&sie=m;/g/11dxdxsq0k;3;/g/11ckvf54fz;dt;fp;1;;

Oakland being a good team doesn't fit the narrative.***

Feb 10, 2019, 3:34 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had a 19 point lead at half, got it up to 20

Feb 10, 2019, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't remember playing a high school team*** ]

and the game was tied with 8 minutes left in the game and we lose by 5 at home. Yeah, that sounds about right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. Oakland is D1 and has a little bball history

Feb 10, 2019, 3:34 PM

Not comparable to Francis Marion at all.

Marlborocountycoot = dgcannon39 = reggaeman = tigerclaw1819

Feb 10, 2019, 3:43 PM

yet another

Re: Marlborocountycoot = dgcannon39 = reggaeman = tigerclaw1819

Feb 10, 2019, 3:46 PM

I do enjoy when you post this, lol! Never gets old!

Francis Marion lives in Florence? I don't think so. That's

Feb 10, 2019, 5:42 PM

a long way to come every day for his deputy mod meetings.

Feb 10, 2019, 5:46 PM

UNC lost to Wofford last year, should we fire Roy Williams as well?

Your point is worth discussing, but pulling one game as an only example doesn't really work.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No you’re not right

Feb 10, 2019, 5:50 PM

Oakland was actually having a great year that year.

I never knew a “college” named Oakland existed

Feb 10, 2019, 6:07 PM

Until we played them in 2017. Then they won, on our court, to end the
16-17 season. Never should a team like Oakland win on our court.

That’s all I have to say about that.

Re: I never knew a “college” named Oakland existed

Feb 10, 2019, 6:22 PM

Sort of like Wofford beating UNC in 17 at the Dean Dome? It’s college basketball. Happens often. Even to the defending National Champions and then number five team in the country...

See UMBC's beatdown of UVA last year

Feb 11, 2019, 9:23 AM

That was much more shocking/embarrassing than us losing to a decent Oakland team.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I never knew a “college” named Oakland existed

Feb 11, 2019, 8:03 AM [ in reply to I never knew a “college” named Oakland existed ]

You being a ####### doesn't change facts.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Feb 10, 2019, 6:07 PM

He just has to show signs of sustained success. Missing the tourney this year would make last year a one hit wonder. I think we have to make the tourney for him to have a legit argument to drad for keeping his job. It is clemson basketball, he doesn’t have to make sweet 16’s every year

Feb 10, 2019, 8:14 PM

Yea, I just want to see some Consistency in the basketball program, as I’m sure you all do, as well ......

Feb 11, 2019, 8:03 AM

Congrats on being a #######.

Feb 11, 2019, 8:10 AM

i think pretty much everyone agrees that buzz is a good coach. lets see, do i listen to him and many other coaches that say the same thing or do i listen to slugs on the internet that seem to crawl from under their rock every spring. really hard choice

TigerClaw1819

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 3:01 PM

Do Brownell supporters remember that? The school that beat us in the NIT that was practically equivalent to Francis Marion in Florence?

To me, in my honest opinion, every time Brownell hits rock bottom ,he does “just enough” to get the fans and administration back on his side., with some sort of “big win”

This season, or perhaps the next, is the writing on the wall. He’s a great man with good character, but is he a good basketball coach? 10 years later, we “still don’t know.”

Amirite ?

<###### width="754" height="424" src="https://www.youtube.com/#####/DLw7CnYV75A" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen>

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2019, 8:39 AM

If I’m a slug or a ####, or whatever you wanna call me for stating some facts, then to each there own.

All I know is I’m gonna be supporting this basketball team , until the end. Y’all might be right, or could be wrong or vice versa. GO TIGERS

Feb 11, 2019, 10:03 AM

"Stating facts"

I dont think you know what that word means.

You have stated very little facts...

Only fact of your post here is that you are a moron who apparently didnt know anything about Oakland.

Feb 11, 2019, 10:19 AM

Yea I do know something
about Oakland . They are a scrub team that beat us ...... I know you remember when we played them.... it was embarrassing that they won on our court... I watched the game

Doesn’t really matter anyway, Duke
Is gonna win it all ths season ,, I just wanna see Us make the tournament !!!!

Feb 13, 2019, 9:40 PM

Well, well, well, right when I think we have turned the corner.... This.

No one really seemed to listen...to me

I guess I’ll come on out again when I feel the time is appropriate ...

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic