Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brownell Confirms reason for White transfer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Brownell Confirms reason for White transfer

Apr 9, 2019, 1:43 PM

Due to playing time. White wasn't happy with the amount that he played this year. Brownell said that he told him what he told everyone on the team... That he would have to earn his minutes going into next year.

I guess he should just lie to our players to keep them on the team. Guarantee them playing time.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brownell Confirms reason for White transfer

Apr 9, 2019, 2:01 PM

I get not promising someone a starting role but was White not in line for a lot of minutes with how young and likely stinky we’re going to be next year?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More to come? Probably a confluence of events and not quite

Apr 9, 2019, 2:11 PM

that simple. You can put up with a lot more crap when you have a good relationship with your boss.

Wonder if there will be more? He wasn't the only one who didn't get much playing time and he was our first big man off the bench. We basically played 6.5 guys.

All of this unexpected turnover and roster inefficiency must make recruiting hard. You don't know who you have and who you need to recruit until June of each year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL okay***

Apr 9, 2019, 2:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Apr 9, 2019, 2:30 PM

That’s what happens when you play Skara who shouldn’t be on the floor 40 minutes a game

White and Skara don't play the same position.***

Apr 9, 2019, 2:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Skara was out there for his defense

Apr 9, 2019, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Brownell Confirms reason for White transfer ]

I was fine with him playing the minutes he got. It was our inability to score at will against weaker competition that hurt our season. White is not a scorer either, so he wouldn't have helped there.

Skara played on the perimeter, White was a post player***

Apr 9, 2019, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Brownell Confirms reason for White transfer ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hey, this post is still here...odd***

Apr 9, 2019, 6:09 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2019, 4:21 PM

Sometimes guys can’t handle the pressure. Obviously he was going to have a larger role in the coming year.

That's Not Accurate

Apr 9, 2019, 7:18 PM

I confident that what you are reporting as to what Brad Brownell stated is completely accurate. The truth is, however, once an individual is deemed a starter by Mr. Brownell, their minutes are guaranteed regardless of their performance.

Brad got that one correct.***

Apr 9, 2019, 7:19 PM

That's Not Accurate

Apr 9, 2019, 7:19 PM

I'm confident that what you are reporting as to what Brad Brownell stated is completely accurate. The truth is, however, once an individual is deemed a starter by Mr. Brownell, their minutes are guaranteed regardless of their performance.

Apr 10, 2019, 10:33 AM

To hit on some really dumb statements here.

- Skara and White played two different positions. Are you saying that Javan should have started over Thomas? Or that they should have been on the court at the same time? I have the confuse....

- White would not be starting again this year. Do you really think that he transferred here to ride the bench? This is his LAST year. Can you name another player that transferred to Clemson and didn't end up starting at least 1 year?

- We couldn't score at will against weaker competition? When have we ever scored at will against anybody? You do realize that we pretty much won EVERY game against weaker competition with the exception of Creighton, Miami, and Wichita St. Why do we have to "score at will" to appease you? Is winning not enough?

Here's how the argument usually goes

Apr 10, 2019, 12:19 PM

when the Brownell Bashers are involved:

Bashers: "We should win more games."
Rational people: "We won 20 games and finished .500 in the ACC."

Bashers: "We should expect more than that."
Rational people: "Winning 20 games and finishing .500 in the ACC is way better than our historical average."

Bashers: "Yeah but we lost a lot of close games."
Rational people: "With only a few exceptions, we won the games we were supposed to and were extremely competitive against teams we weren't supposed to beat."

Bashers: "We shouldn't settle."
Rational people: "Okay, so you agree that Clemson needs to fund basketball better so that our team is on a more level playing field with the rest of the ACC, rather than at a huge funding disadvantage compared to all but 1 or 2 ACC teams?"

Bashers: "Funding doesn't matter. Only coaching matters."
Rational people: "Okay, then you wouldn't have a problem with us reducing the funding for Clemson football to a level near the bottom of the ACC?"

*Crickets*

Apr 10, 2019, 1:08 PM

I'm sure it was about playing time and how that effected their relationship. I wasn't there at practice, can't make a bold statement. But I did see him [play several times when he really looked good. Other times not so much. But he had to see a chance at a starting job next year. So I think there was some relationship problem because of the way he was used this year . . whether it was just or unjust.

Apr 10, 2019, 1:11 PM

CBB is an idiot. I saw that all season. Most clueless coach in America. As a fan I knew why he left. It was obvious.

Apr 10, 2019, 2:03 PM

So all of these accusations that you make about Brownell is because you watch all Clemson games and that proves he's the worst coach in America. And you know that's why Javan White left.

Who is the second worst coach in America? You know, because you know so much about the current basketball landscape. I've heard many analysts and other reporters talk about how Brownell is a really good X's and O's basketball coach. Are you saying that you know way more about college basketball than them?

This is one of the worst arguments I have ever seen. It is comical. "Waaaaahhh... I know brownell is a horrible coach because I watched all the games this year" LOL

Also, you don't sound like a fan... You sound like a worthless sack of ****

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic