Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Broken limbs hanging over neighbor's yard/shed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Broken limbs hanging over neighbor's yard/shed

Jul 11, 2018, 10:23 AM

He came and knocked on my door and politely expressed concern that a coming wind would knock the branches down and damage his shed.

New to the neighborhood and trying to figure out how to approach. Should I:

1) Get an estimate on getting the limbs trimmed (they're about 30 feet up and I'm fat so can't climb or use ladder)
2) Move his shed to a different location while he's not home.
3) Tell him to eat a #### and NEVER come on my property again
4) Make love to his wife in his recliner when he's at work

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

3 and 4***

Jul 11, 2018, 10:24 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My experience

Jul 11, 2018, 10:52 AM

My neighbor had a very old oak tree with limbs overhanging my driveway. Over the past 5 or 6 years a limb would occasionally come down during a thunderstorm and block me in. I would have to cut my out with a chain saw. I told my neighbor he should get a tree man to look at the tree and see what advice he might have. He said he couldn't afford that and most definitely couldn't afford a tree man to come out and start trimming or cutting.

I had my tree guy over one day to take a couple of trees down in my yard and said, "I wish I could cut some of those limbs off my neighbors tree that were over hanging my driveway." He said I could. If the limbs are on (overhanging) MY property, I could definitely cut them back. So we did. My neighbor didn't say a word.

I don't know all the details of your situation, but it seems to me the "dangling" limbs are your neighbors problem. Explaining that to him and "living" with him are two different stories.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 3 and 4***

Jul 11, 2018, 8:03 PM [ in reply to 3 and 4*** ]

Agreed, make him your cuckold.

“To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” WB

Just do all of them and be done with it.***

Jul 11, 2018, 10:56 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How difficult would it be to move your

Jul 11, 2018, 10:56 AM

tent to another neighborhood?

Re: How difficult would it be to move your

Jul 11, 2018, 11:01 AM

It would be intents

Re: Broken limbs hanging over neighbor's yard/shed

Jul 11, 2018, 10:58 AM

If I'm not mistaken, if you are aware of issues such as broken limbs, and they do fall and damage his shed, he could file a claim against your homeowners insurance.

So definitely do #'s 3 and 4, but then follow it up by doing #1.

This is the correct answer if I remember correctly from

Jul 11, 2018, 11:06 AM

my one law class and one real estate class. If you were unaware and he had not told you about it then not your problem, but since you have talked about it and you are aware it is now your problem.

ROH

#5 - Do nothing, and hope it doesn't fall

Jul 11, 2018, 11:05 AM

#6 - IF it falls, you pay your deductible and your insurance pays
#7 - Do nothing. If your neighbor is smart, he'll send you a certified letter asking you remove the branch due to his concerns. In that case, if it falls, #6 would not apply. You pay for everything.

I'd trim it. Then go have some beers with the guy and make him your new best friend. THEN go #### his wife like a rabbit in their BED.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, your neighbors should be sufficiently scared of you

Jul 11, 2018, 11:16 AM

to a point where they'll never come at you with some B.S. like that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My neighbor accused me of flooding his lawn

Jul 11, 2018, 11:37 AM

Installed drainage because our lot sux and water was going under the house, etc. Installed a french drain along the property line (1 foot on MY SIDE) going downhill to the creek behind the house. This GREATLY helped the mudpit that had previously existed between our homes.

Then neighbor tells me he has standing water in front of his house and it started when we added DRAINS. Well, turns out it was like 60+ feet from the proprty line, in the bed in FRONT of his house, that was uphill from ANY drains we installed. I told him the laws of physics seem to indicate that by draining water, and the inability of water to cross your concrete driveway, and then travel UPHILL and around to the front of your house, I'd check your sprinkler lines.

Was a sprinkler line. Guy never apologized.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You haven't mocked him for being an idiot?

Jul 11, 2018, 11:42 AM

I'd probably have to bring that up any time I was within speaking distance to him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't need to. He does a fine job of that by himself.

Jul 11, 2018, 11:48 AM

Serious betamale. His wife owns him. I love talking about deer hunting when I'm around them. One day I will invite them over for "hamburgers". ;) I'd bet they never know the difference. Wife might be vegan though. Their kid is bad news too. Our son tried to sneak out of the house with a steak knife at night. Found neighbor's kid put him up to it. They don't play anymore. He hasn't tried to sneak out of the house anymore either.

Let me guess, wife screams at the kid while husband does

Jul 11, 2018, 11:56 AM

nothing? We've got one like that, I figure we've got a couple of years before we truly need to move away from the kid. I can already see the behavioral and drug issues in his future, and he's only like 10.

Yep. She's a major hover mom. So is my wife really.

Jul 11, 2018, 12:25 PM

This is a major issue in our marriage really. She is a control freak and is constantly ordering them around and yelling at them over really stupid things. When they don't listen she yells louder, and louder. She NEVER spanks them.

Now I on the other hand, let them have far more freedom and don't hover. When they do misbehave, I correct them. And they listen. And they stop. Because if they don't, they know what comes next. But I NEVER yell at my children. I've never had to. My parents never yelled at me. They never had to.

The result is the kids are more behaved around me than her, and listen to me and not her. I once took our 4yo and 9yo camping for a weekend. Wife of said "bad idea". We went and we all had a blast. They never once argued, or got into a fight. They were well behaved too. And listened. Got home and wife has this smirk and asked "How was it". It was great. She was shocked they never fought, not even once.

I give the kids far more freedom to be kids and have fun, but on the same token I discipline them far harder than my wife ever does, when needed. Wife tries to control their every move, yells at them constantly, and gives them no discipline.

Might as well go ahead and call the lawyer and have him

Jul 11, 2018, 12:58 PM

draw up the papers. You're going to need them one day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

I'm not sure why he hasn't

Jul 11, 2018, 1:12 PM

That whole sitch sounds miserable. Life's too short for all that.

I know a couple

Jul 11, 2018, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Might as well go ahead and call the lawyer and have him ]

of hundred.

From experience

Jul 11, 2018, 11:19 AM

If the tree ,and I believe limbs too, are indeed dead, then the neighbor must send you a certified letter to make you responsible. If alive and healthy, a fall would be considered an "act of God" and the expense would be on him.

How would God pay for the damage?***

Jul 11, 2018, 12:59 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Another thought...

Jul 11, 2018, 12:59 PM

Call your insurance company and explain to them the situation. They will tell you who is responsible for what. That's probably cheaper than calling your lawyer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First you go to his house and eat all his food....

Jul 11, 2018, 1:05 PM

And drink all his drink. Then 4. Then 3. Then burn his house and she shed to the ground. Then 4 again. Wash repeat. I hate you neighbors. lol.

You've been warned.

Jul 11, 2018, 3:26 PM

If he's smart the next communication will come in the form of a letter. Then he'll file a suit when the wind takes your limb down upon his shed.

The cheaper way out is to pay the man to move the shed or offer to help him move it, however, try to prevent war. I've had such issues with neighbors. Imo, it is better to get along with people if they are willing to get along.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4 then 1

Jul 11, 2018, 5:47 PM

If those limbs crash his shed your homeowners pays for it.

Least that what I was told during similar situation

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic