Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Unlike Urban Meyer, Dabo Swinney is what's good about college football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

TNET: Unlike Urban Meyer, Dabo Swinney is what's good about college football

Aug 26, 2018, 8:01 AM

Unlike Urban Meyer, Dabo Swinney is what's good about college football

The situation at Ohio St. with head coach Urban Meyer and former assistant coach Zach Smith highlights the win-at-all-costs attitude that permeates college athletics at the highest level. For Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney, the love of winning will never surpass the love he has for his players and coaches. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This TU is for Dabo..... thanks for posting

Aug 26, 2018, 8:31 AM

D Hood.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This TU is for Dabo..... thanks for posting

Aug 26, 2018, 10:41 AM

There are articles written all of the time about situations like Meyers, Maryland football, UNCheat, etc. And every time I read one of those articles, I think how glad I am to have Dabo. There are a certain percentage of people who believe (or say they believe) that EVERY major football program cheats through paying players large sums of cash, academic cheating, etc. I agree there is too much of that in college football. But not every successful program relies on that. Now let's spot the ball and play some football!

I hope people appreciate how lucky we got when Bowden handed

Aug 26, 2018, 8:38 AM

the reins over the Dabo

Still hard to believe it worked out - the meeting of the minds with the AD and Bowden and Dabo.

So thankful the way that worked out

null

Bowden didn’t hand the reins over to Dabo.

Aug 26, 2018, 10:19 AM

TDP took the reins from Bowden and gave them to Dabo.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Bowden didn’t hand the reins over to Dabo.

Aug 26, 2018, 12:32 PM

That's how I understood it to be. TDP had demands of Bowden, and Bowden disagreed with TDP's assessment and refuse to do what TDP wanted him to do, and that was to fire his long time friend Rob Spence as the Clemson OC. TB's refusal left TDP with no other choice but to release TB of his duties as HC over the Clemson FB program. Some believe that TB suggested that Dabo would be a good choice as the interim HC until TDP could do a search for the next HC to lead the Clemson FB program. I'm not to sure TB was responsible of Dabo being named the interim HC. TDP may have ask TB his opinion of Dabo as the interim HC, but to this day, I don't believe that TB chose his replacement as interim HC. Tommy Bowden's boss just tells him that he is being released of all his duties as HC at Clemson, and Tommy says, well Terry if that's the case, I would recommend that you promote Dabo Swinney as the Interim HC. It may have went down that way but, personally I don't think that it did!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bowden didn’t hand the reins over to Dabo.

Aug 26, 2018, 2:03 PM

TB had a lot to do with Dabo getting a shot at HC. a lot more than people think

null

Re: TNET: Unlike Urban Meyer, Dabo Swinney is what's good about college football

Aug 26, 2018, 8:41 AM

:)

YES 4...

Aug 26, 2018, 8:53 AM

That BOY, known as DaBO!

????

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Unlike Urban Meyer, Dabo Swinney is what's good about college football

Aug 26, 2018, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Unlike Urban Meyer, Dabo Swinney is what's good about college football ]

We appreciate your thoughts Oculus.
Point for you!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2018, 9:17 AM

Nice article. You could write volumes about how Dabo is unlike Urban Meyer.

GO TIGERS. 6 DAYS!!!!!!!!

Aug 26, 2018, 9:25 AM

I'm grateful to my God that Dabo is a Clemson man. It's an unbelievable time to be a Tiger fan!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo is a Great Coach and Role Model, a Rarety in Today's College Athletics

Aug 26, 2018, 9:46 AM

It's such a pleasure to think year in and out that someone of Dabo Sweeney's caliber is our coach and a great leader among men that will influence their life well after college. Well done Dabo and David to reflect what's really important.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2018, 10:46 AM

You think there is a different culture at Ohio St? Love and respect is how Dabo got Clemson to where they are now? Believe that and you better lay off the orange and grape kool aid...

Aug 26, 2018, 11:45 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2018, 8:13 PM

I’m stealing this pic??????

Aww look a 0- 3-1-0 state fan commenting on a Clemson site...***

Aug 26, 2018, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Unlike Urban Meyer, Dabo Swinney is what's good about college football ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2018, 11:32 AM

could not resist going low Hugh, yes Dabo has run an awesome program. However we are not without our own blemishes... WR Deon Cain, TE Jay Jay McCullough & K Ammon Lakip sent home from Orange Bowl, all of them given a second chance. Jadar Johnson and C. Fuller for armed robbery... you could compare programs but to attack Coach Meyer is a low blow... we really don;t know all the facts of this matter.

Aug 26, 2018, 11:41 AM

This just seems too much to me. I am happy that we have an

Aug 26, 2018, 11:52 AM

amazing coach who is obviously a principled person. But this article just seems over the top. It's not like Urban Meyer doesn't care about his players. It's not like he doesn't have any values at all.

I don't see the point of trying to use problems in other programs to make us look even better.

I think our program stands on its own two feet just fine without having to drench ourselves in this holier than thou mentality. Let's just have a high standard, and make sure we keep it. Celebrating ourselves by using bad situations at other places is just begging for something bad to happen to us. It's not impossible guys. The more we revel in other people's problems and the more we tout our moral superiority the hungrier everyone else will become to have a chance to revel a bad situation at Clemson.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This just seems too much to me. I am happy that we have an

Aug 26, 2018, 12:05 PM

Well said. I remember when Dabo said the following:

“It was an amazing day, and it's unfortunate that there was 15 seconds of the whole day that people focused on and really don't know the context. It was a lot of fun," Swinney said. "But that's kind of the world we live in. Even when you do good and you try to do good you get accused of doing bad. That's just the way it is, but you do good anyway.”

Coach Dabo

Aug 26, 2018, 12:28 PM

Is a wise man beyond his years. You know and I know that that isn’t going to change . It almost looks like getting to the top was easy for the Tigers and I think having Coach S made it possible. It sure has been an enjoyable ride. No one can argue this.

Excellent post. I agree with your thoughts.***

Aug 27, 2018, 1:35 PM [ in reply to This just seems too much to me. I am happy that we have an ]

Bringing up Urban Meyer makes us look a little self

Aug 26, 2018, 12:41 PM

righteous.We don't need to point fingers at others to point out we have an exceptional coach and person to anyone.

Dabo would've taken the high road on this one as that is who he is. Maybe we should try to do likewise.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Easy now. While a lot of truth, we don't want to start

Aug 26, 2018, 12:42 PM

sounding like Carolina Blue Dean Smith sanctimony.

Aug 26, 2018, 1:59 PM

Disappointed by this story??... It’s dangerous to suggest our program is perfect and attacking another. It’s not the Clemson way. Worry about Clemson! #ClemsonFamily #Clemson

Aug 26, 2018, 2:16 PM

This is a horrible article...completely unnecessary...while i know some folks here would kiss Pope Dabo's Rings if given a private audience,the air gets a little stuffy...Sheesh...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2018, 2:39 PM

CLEMSON is so blessed to have Dano as a HC and his entire staff, as these men truly fear the Lord God and do their very best daily to serve Him and their employer CLEMSON University. But no one truly knows Urban Meyer’s heart and the title of this article is uncalled for! There is absolutely no reason to revel in how blessed CLEMSON is in our football program by exposing the perceived weakness of another program. Thing is NONE of our business, we focus on CLEMSON, and nothing else but our next opponent! Judgement is not our place, we can decent from actions, but not judge!!! Yes we appear to be strong, but let’s just focus on US!!!!

Aug 26, 2018, 2:41 PM

I agree, you have a great coach!

GSUsTALON

There is way to celebrate Clemson and CDS's integrity

Aug 26, 2018, 2:46 PM

This isn't it. This article puts Clemson in a bad light. Clemson has never been about celebrating the failures of others, or their shortcomings. This article is petty and low brow.

Aug 26, 2018, 6:16 PM

Take the high road on this. I adore Dabo Swinney and how he handles himself and the program but it wasn't too long ago we had a guy on the team that beat a girl with a shower curtain rod no. Even though she cut him with a razor. No need to mention anything Ohio State when we are a week out from another Championship run in my opinion. Focus on all things Clemson. Just my .02 which isn't worth anything lol

Urban is not the police

Aug 26, 2018, 7:41 PM

The people thinking he should d o more than law enforcement are just nuts.get a life, a real life.

Aug 26, 2018, 10:54 PM

Urban Liar is sucking scum bag....end of discussion!!!

Aug 26, 2018, 10:56 PM

I repeat....a $ uck ing scum bag!!!!

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic