Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brentson Buckner & Chester McGlockton on today's team.......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Brentson Buckner & Chester McGlockton on today's team.......

Jan 23, 2019, 10:58 AM

Would be interesting to have seen how these two guys would have performed on the D-line on this past season's team. Of course, CW, DL, CF, etc. are some of the very best defensive linemen we've ever had, but my feeling is that BB and CM would be as good as our current guys were.

You younger guys never got to see them play but I definitely believe they would have.

Not to mention William Perry and Michael Dean Perry.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brentson Buckner & Chester McGlockton on today's team.......

Jan 23, 2019, 11:08 AM

in my opionion, probably better, which is hard to believe, those two were unbelievable talents

McGlockton, in particular, was a freak.

Jan 23, 2019, 2:19 PM

A lot like Wilkins in that regard; big, powerful, and athletic. I can't imagine keeping him off of the field, even with this group.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Jan 23, 2019, 11:27 AM

It's hard to rank our best all time DL because we have had so many great ones. The Perrys, Buckner, McGlockton, Trevor Pryce...et.al. After you list the obvious studs, you've still got guys like Rob Bodine, who was undersized, but an absolute beast.

Jan 23, 2019, 12:14 PM

Dont for get Jim Stuckey!

Jan 23, 2019, 1:14 PM

Or Grady Jarrett

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Jan 23, 2019, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Brentson Buckner & Chester McGlockton on today's team....... ]

Don’t forget Vance Hammond.

People always leave JEFF BRYANT off of these lists. He was

Jan 23, 2019, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Brentson Buckner & Chester McGlockton on today's team....... ]

... the #6 pick in the first round by the Seahawks and played there 12 years.

If having a great college career followed by tremendous success in the NFL is any indicator, Jeff Bryant is arguably our best DL in Clemson history.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2019, 12:01 PM

Add Gaines Adams and Vic Beasley. We have had a huge number of elite lineman. I would have been curious to see what Chester could have done with Venables. The common thought process was the only thing that could stop Chester was Chester. To me he was even more of a freak than Big Dex.

Jan 23, 2019, 12:19 PM

Getting McGlockton to go all out on every play would have been the challenge. No doubt about the talent though.

Yeah if BV had motivated that guy to go all out all

Jan 23, 2019, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Brentson Buckner & Chester McGlockton on today's team....... ]

the time no question he would have been the best d lineman we ever had IMHO.

Jan 23, 2019, 12:57 PM

I still remember Chester and Levon Kirkland sandwiching Todd Burnett of UNC and knocking him out of the game.

Brentson and Chester definitely are as good as any

Jan 23, 2019, 1:05 PM

on the line the last two seasons. Hindsight is always 20/20 but Coach Hobby might could have gotten the NFL Chester or the NFL Buck to manifest while at Clemson. And I would love to have seen Coach V work with these linebackers that played from those days...

Levon Kirkland, Ed McDaniel, John Johnson, Wayne Simmons, Ashley Sheppard, Doug Brewster, Vince Taylor, Jesse Hatcher, Tim Jones... and Anthony Simmons even though he came later than these guys...

We've had a lot or really great talent to come through Clemson, and I am glad that Dabo has gotten us back to where we once were and even higher

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2019, 1:08 PM

With the training and coaching they would've gotten today just as good or better possibly.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2019, 1:11 PM

Adams, Wilkins, Fridge, Beasley all time front four... IMHO, but the XT train's a comin.

Jan 23, 2019, 1:16 PM

William Perry at "300" lbs (maybe a tad more) was unusually when he played. He was bigger than the other players and he was still fast and agile.

Think of Dexter Lawrence this season...with the moves and agility of Christian Wilkins.

That was the Fridge.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic