Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Break Out Star. . Nobody knows now Nominees
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Break Out Star. . Nobody knows now Nominees

Jan 12, 2019, 10:40 PM

The people who keep up with recruiting will know my choice: KJ Henry! But, most casual fans won't. Who do you all think will take advantage of more playing time next season and develop into a household name?

I'm going KJ Henry! DE was so deep last season we could afford to redshirt one of our 2 5 star DE recruits(XT played).

Coach Swinney said - this time next year we people outside the program will know a whole new set of names. I believe him 100%

My close runner ups for breakout star!
Mario Goodrich
Shaq Smith
Derion Kendrick!

***my criteria was: they were not a key contributer this year though they may have played. But what I mean is, next season they won't just play, they will become household names!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Break Out Star. . Nobody knows now Nominees

Jan 12, 2019, 10:47 PM

Yeah, I agree since he asked to be red shirt. Thinking he’ll move inside. But I agree. Plus I’m thinking it’ll be a true freshman that’ll have to step up on the DL.

Going to be a interesting spring to see how the DL looks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Henry isn't moving inside***

Jan 12, 2019, 10:56 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2019, 11:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Break Out Star. . Nobody knows now Nominees ]

Jordan Williams and Xavier Kelly!

They may not fill the stat sheet but they be studs in the middle. I think our drop off at DT will be minimal despite what the national and even some local talking heads think.

Both these players were national Top 150 High 4* level recruits and have been in the program for several years.. TIME 2 SHINE!

Message was edited by: Tiger1825

Jan 12, 2019, 11:09 PM

Think I might have been thinking about Kelly.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK. You are back up to speed Coot.....LOL. I almost had a

Jan 13, 2019, 8:56 AM

quick trigger on you......

Skalski***

Jan 12, 2019, 10:57 PM

Re: Skalski***

Jan 12, 2019, 4:07 PM

I will bet all the money in your pocket its Jaylen Lay

Re: Skalski***

Jan 13, 2019, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Skalski*** ]

Agree on skalski. Kid is a dynamic wrecking ball. He’s like a shark who can smell blood in the water.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2019, 11:00 PM

Andrew Booth. Dude is ELITE!

Jan 13, 2019, 12:49 AM

Andrew Booth
KJ Henry
Both big time talents among others already listed

Justin Foster will challenge Henry for the other DE

Jan 12, 2019, 11:10 PM

starting spot opposite Xavier Thomas. Either
way, they'll all get a lot of playing time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2019, 11:30 PM

My vote goes to Jackson Carmen. I really think he is going to become a CW42 type leader on this team in time. Very impressed by the young man listening to his recent interviews.

Break-out ... my two cents ...

Jan 12, 2019, 11:33 PM

KJ Henry -- excellent potential. But are you saying XT is out of the running as a "break-out"?

I like Kyler McMichael for serious p.t., but my two biggest 2019-20 break-out stars are Justin Foster and BT Potter.

I believe AJ Terrell will be an All-American (but as natl champ starter I believe he's already broken out), and Andrew Booth will start as a true frosh.

But I am really interested to see what BV does with XT, Justin Foster, KJ Henry, and Justin Mascoll in terms of playing time. We will need the size of Nyles Pinckney, Jordan Williams, and hopefully Xavier Kelly and Tyler Davis at DT, but for me these four big, fast, seriously talented and young DE's will be the key on Defense next year. Defense may be a little small but ridiculously fast. We could be pushed around some by run but lead the nation in sacks!

Hoping Isaiah Simmons returns next year for star turn, and is 2019-20 the year that Shaq Smith puts it all together and breaks out big time? Could happen. Lets hope so. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2019, 11:54 PM

KJ on O and Derion on D

Jan 12, 2019, 11:59 PM

Wrong

Jan 13, 2019, 12:17 AM

BR549® said:

Wrong

No wrong answers here, don’t forget the question

Jan 13, 2019, 12:14 AM

I think Rodgers and DK will explode on to the national scene. Defensive coaches will be scared shirtless of Tee and Ross opening up the slot even more. Unfortunately DK and Rodgers will feast because of it.

I don't know how many of you noticed this year but we had so many games where we had 3rd downs that didn't convert because WR's were just short of the sticks. The coaches improved that a bit at the end of the season and if we keep improving it we will be scoring 55ppg. Our offense is going to stack up points on everyone.

I hope our new punter performs.

I would like to see a CB and DT make a name for themselves.

Jan 13, 2019, 12:18 AM

I’m thinking there has to be a reason why everyone on the team warns us about Regan Upshaw. I don’t know much about him but from what I’ve heard, he practices like every day is the super bowl. Even in spring. Spot the ball!

My vote is Darnizzy! Darnell Jeffries

Jan 13, 2019, 5:55 AM

The oldest looking young cat there.

Jan 13, 2019, 7:57 AM

Gimme Shaq Smith on defense . He has all the talent in the world and it's finally his turn .
On offense I think we will see Lyn-J Dixon become a star , even though he'll have about half the carries of ETN . The kid is a stud backing up a stud .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 13, 2019, 8:16 AM

Lot's of chances for PT on D. Henry, Mascoll, Mcmichael, Foster, Booth, need a DT to step up, Goodrich.

Ngata........but, is this not unbeliveable. Many years ago,

Jan 13, 2019, 9:00 AM

if you asked this question, 95% of the people would had listed the same name. Now, there are a multitude of possibilities, and I am pretty sure nobody on here would bet the farm on their own nominee. Although, we could ALL be right. They might ALL be breakout players. Tall cotton boys, we are in tall cotton.

Re: Ngata........but, is this not unbeliveable. Many years ago,

Jan 13, 2019, 9:07 AM

I think he is after next season to really blow up. I bet he does well next year, but will have more opportunity the following season.

I bet most college football fans don't know Xavier Thomas

Jan 13, 2019, 9:12 AM

yet.

I'll go with Carman though. He's taking over for 4-year stalwart Mitch Hyatt at the most important position on the OL so he's going to get talked about a lot next year and will hopefully be a stud.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic