Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brad was on another radio show yesterday...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Brad was on another radio show yesterday...

Apr 6, 2019, 8:06 AM

This time in Louisville.

Interesting heard him doing a lot of radio shows nationally and in the state but no press conference with the local media to review the season yet.

Seems to be celebrating the season that the team fought hard but came up short of their goal.

Brad said on this interview that all the tough very close games was rare for him. He said he usually wins just as many very close games as that he loses. Is that a stretch? Here is the interview:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ESPN680/status/1114312764384849921

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brad was on another radio show yesterday...

Apr 6, 2019, 9:09 AM

Not going to tear coach Brownell down because he is still our coach for the foreseeable future and I support him. However, this is a mischaracterization of those close losses as 'chance' gone wrong. The NCS loss in the ACC tourney after a 19 point lead doesn't fit in the pot. Same with Miami and NCS on the road...those games should have been put away early.

Glad to see him going nationally and talking about the program...should help recruiting.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 6, 2019, 9:17 AM

Yeah interesting points.

Brad said on that interview that he usually wins just as many close games as he wins.

Isn't that not being honest with yourself?

Has anyone from the media ever asked him in response to his 20 % winning in games decided by three points or less?

Yep, I believe Coach B has been busted fibbing.***

Apr 6, 2019, 9:56 AM

Apr 6, 2019, 9:32 AM

Hope the window in the studio was open so his nose had room to grow!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Little bit of stretching there Coach B

Apr 6, 2019, 9:55 AM

Do you think us lil ol Clemson fans dont have the internet or satellite radio?

Win Brad. The tough losses roll up to you bud. Sorry to say, you couldnt coach the gang through the close games or a home game loss in the NIT with 4 seniors. And its not like we havent seen this story before. This story is the summary of your tenure here.

Please stop trying to convince the national folks otherwise. Thats not a good look. And we see you.

Re: Little bit of stretching there Coach B

Apr 7, 2019, 1:25 PM

Game plan was there but guys have to make plays.

He was probably talking about covering the spread***

Apr 6, 2019, 10:56 AM

Apr 6, 2019, 11:35 AM

So is CBB trying to get his name in front of as many as possible to gen up job offers? Interesting doing a Louievulle gig vs giving the local media and fans perspective on the last season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Knowing our local media, they probably haven’t asked Brad to interview.

Apr 6, 2019, 11:44 AM

They are too concerned with a spring football scrimmage and football recruiting.

Brad is always willing to do local interviews when asked. Let’s not make this non-issue into an issue.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Knowing our local media, they probably haven’t asked Brad to interview.

Apr 6, 2019, 11:52 AM

With all due respect may I ask if you have a personal or family connection to CBB? I see your profile pic, I assume that’s a young Brad (?) and you seem to respond to every topic regarding him

No, just a big Clemson hoops fan.***

Apr 6, 2019, 11:57 AM

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: No, just a big Clemson hoops fan.***

Apr 6, 2019, 11:59 AM

Cool .. how did Purnells high school yearbook photo look as your profile pic?

I didn’t realize I was required to have a picture of every coach

Apr 6, 2019, 12:12 PM

as my profile picture.

Ms Judge, please come clean and explain to everyone what

Apr 7, 2019, 1:31 PM

your connection (infatuation?) to Coach B is. To deny it exists is a fib. Please stop. More respect is gained when being honest.

Hey, Judge??

Apr 6, 2019, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Knowing our local media, they probably haven’t asked Brad to interview. ]

What is Brad's winning percentage at Clemson in games decided by 3 points or less, Judge?

How many of those games were we favored to win?

Apr 6, 2019, 11:58 AM

How did we do against the spread?

How many of those teams spend more on basketball than we do?

How many of those teams have a better basketball history than we do?

How many of those teams have better fan support than we do?

Here you go:

Apr 6, 2019, 12:08 PM

How did we do against the spread?

Not good enough.

How many of those teams spend more on basketball than we do?

Irrelevant to being able to coach to win.

How many of those teams have a better basketball history than we do?

Um, what does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Just coach and win. History doesn't block that.

How many of those teams have better fan support than we do?

Fans don't help coaches coach. Coaches coach, fans support coaches who coach.

Enjoy the spring game. Stop with this nonsense.

Now entering cluelesstown.

Apr 6, 2019, 12:11 PM

Population: you.

I have read and considered every single clue you've given.

Apr 7, 2019, 1:20 PM

They are not necessarily false, but hey are definitely lame. The fact you cant see that and continue to deny that is whats actually clueless.

I think you're capable of getting this, but the denial and head buried in sand is not helping. I'll keep trying to help you for as long as you keep doing it. Choice is yours.

You sound like a broken freakin record dude

Apr 7, 2019, 1:55 PM [ in reply to How many of those games were we favored to win? ]

Produce a more exciting product, recruit some better players, and win more games and guess what? The fans will come. Maybe you missed the Purnell years.

How many alley-oops did we execute this past season?

How about dunks?

How do you know we spend so much less than other schools in basketball? You have any evidence of that? Didn’t we just renovate LJ?

Football is king, there is no doubt. But there is no reason we can’t replicate what teams like FSU or VaTech or even NCST are doing in basketball.

I'll answer since someone else seems to be interested in

Jan 20, 2019, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Hey, Judge?? ]

attempting to create moral victories...

2010-2011 - 0-4
2011-2012 - 3-7
2012-2013 - 2-3
2013-2014 - 2-3
2014-2015 - 4-3
2015-2016 - 1-5
2016-2017 - 2-6
2017-2018 - 2-3
2018-2019 - 2-6

Overall at Clemson - 18-40 (31%)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: I'll answer since someone else seems to be interested in

Apr 6, 2019, 1:42 PM

Great info. Thanks for the time putting this together. Way below acceptable winning percentage on close games. My opinion is close games are won and lost on coaching. That is why coaches save timeouts for the end of the game to discuss strategy. Brads strategy (and his recruiting) is his short coming.

^ Burying head in sand***

Apr 6, 2019, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Knowing our local media, they probably haven’t asked Brad to interview. ]

Actually you seem to be the one with your head in the sand.

Apr 6, 2019, 12:13 PM

You think coaching occurs in a vacuum and nothing else matters.

Wrong again. All of that "matters", but it doesnt empowere

Apr 7, 2019, 1:28 PM

a coach incapable of winning close games the ability to do so, nor does it help him win NIT games at home against other teams with less than all the things you claim help a coach win.

My head is not in the sand. I'm standing right watching tou with yours in the sand. Believe it or not, I'm trying to help you pull it out of the sand. And I will continue to do so until you stop denying its in the sand, and while you keep posting these nonsensical replies.

Again, the choice is yours.

Re: Wrong again. All of that "matters", but it doesnt empowere

Apr 7, 2019, 1:43 PM

Personally, I'm touched that you care so much about the Judge (as a friend, of course) as to help him become disloyal and join the shrieking monkeys calling for the termination of our coach.

Great friends. Great fans.

And i wonder why Will Wade is alleged to have turned down the job at Clemson two years ago.

Here is another radio interview with Brad earlier this week...

Apr 6, 2019, 1:11 PM

With Kornblutt. Again mentioned some of the same stuff. Also mentioned he was surprised that White transferred...

https://sportstalkradionet.com/2019/04/04/clemson-basketball-coach-brad-brownell-on-sportstalk-wednesday-night-audio/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic