Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brad interview with Andy Katz...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Brad interview with Andy Katz...

Jul 2, 2019, 4:01 PM

About World University Games. It's amazing how Brad acts all excited with someone in the basketball circles nationally, and then so negative to local media where the local fan base is listening, like his interview on tigernet last week. Why is that so?

Interview starts after middle of link...

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/march-madness-365-with-andy-katz/id1325823631?mt=2

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be fair, he prolly hasn't heard the national media trash

Jul 2, 2019, 5:23 PM

him as much as the local fanbase does

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad isn't stupid, he knows that our fan base

Jul 3, 2019, 11:41 AM

and local media don't care much about basketball. I'm sure it's frustrating when a national media outlet shows more interest in the program than local media does.

When is the last time our local media provided a story about our basketball team's trip to Italy? Did you see any feature stories about our team representing the USA? How about updates since arriving, including player features and scrimmage/practice reports? I saw a brief story about Clyde Trapp tearing his ACL before the team left, but that's all I remember.

Some will say that the media covers what fans are interested in. That is partly true, but I can't help but wonder if fan interest would improve significantly if the media covered it more and provided more updates and information. Currently, many of our fans don't even know how our team has done in Italy thus far, and some don't even know our team is in Italy. Meanwhile, they all know that some high school football recruits just competed at The Opening, and what each one thinks about Clemson football, and what each one had for breakfast.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Brad isn't stupid, he knows that our fan base

Jul 3, 2019, 11:55 AM

and local media don't care much about basketball. I'm sure it's frustrating when a national media outlet shows more interest in the program than local media does.

When is the last time our local media provided a story about our basketball team's trip to Italy? Did you see any feature stories about our team representing the USA? How about updates since arriving, including player features and scrimmage/practice reports? I saw a brief story about Clyde Trapp tearing his ACL before the team left, but that's all I remember.

Some will say that the media covers what fans are interested in. That is partly true, but I can't help but wonder if fan interest would improve significantly if the media covered it more and provided more updates and information. Currently, many of our fans don't even know how our team has done in Italy thus far, and some don't even know our team is in Italy. Meanwhile, they all know that some high school football recruits just competed at The Opening, and what each one thinks about Clemson football, and what each one had for breakfast.

Brad met with local media Friday and tigernet covered it, JD....Duhhh

https://youtu.be/DekKayOVI_4

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually

Jul 3, 2019, 4:10 PM

That story is not showing up on the mobile site at all when you look on the homepage.

I just went and looked on the desktop version, and it is buried on the sidebar on the front page.

Hardly a priority, as I stated previously.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic