Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brad Brownell Has Multi-Step Program to Turn Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Brad Brownell Has Multi-Step Program to Turn Clemson

May 9, 2017, 12:20 PM

Basketball Around.
http://www.postandcourier.com/sports/brad-brownell-has-multi-step-plan-to-turn-clemson-basketball/article_0f2e2f26-3103-11e7-b4c0-bff01079f729.html

Interesting quote. Reminds me of his comments after Rod Hall graduated.

Third, he has a group of seniors returning to fill new leadership roles that weren’t necessarily filled last season behind superstar Jaron Blossomgame.

“I think Donte (Grantham) and Gabe DeVoe are two guys along with Shelton Mitchell, those will be the three I think that stick out the most,” Brownell said. “I think a little bit with some of the seniors we had last year, specifically Jaron, just because of his personality and makeup, some other guys kind of had to be in the back a little bit and I think they’ll be excited about a little bit of a bigger role both on the court and just as a voice in the locker room.”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So basically it hurt us when Blossomgame

May 9, 2017, 12:21 PM

elevated his game?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Brad Brownell Has Multi-Step Program to Turn Clemson

May 9, 2017, 12:22 PM

yeah he wanted an experienced senior oriented team. He had it and squandered it last year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brad Brownell Turn Around

May 9, 2017, 12:25 PM

yeah a 360

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just Brad being Brad

May 9, 2017, 12:29 PM

By now he is who he is. Not the first time he's took subtle jabs at his veteran players, and won't be the last. This time next year he'll be throwing daggers at Grantham and Devoe.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just Brad being Bad

May 9, 2017, 12:31 PM

last year - very bad

Hopefully he'll be doing it from the unemployment line.***

May 9, 2017, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Just Brad being Brad ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

May 9, 2017, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Brad Brownell Has Multi-Step Program to Turn Clemson ]

Agreed! He had a senior laden team last year. He had a genuine pro player. I will say the two returning guards and Thomas are good players. Grantham went in a funk last season and didn't come back. The grad transfer will help on the inside. After those two, who plays center? I'm sick of hearing about the academics of the team. Turn those words and that plan into actions and win basketball games. Nothing else matters.

Brad Brownell needs to stop talking and start performing***

May 9, 2017, 1:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Brad Brownell needs to stop talking and start performing

May 9, 2017, 1:25 PM

Become a mime?? WTH?? ;)

whatever it takes

May 9, 2017, 3:08 PM

Heard usuck getting brand new state of the art curved video screens in their arena. It will make it the best in the country or something like that.

Just curious why we didn't beat them to the punch when we re-did littlejohn... Might have nice locker rooms but our experience was some of the seating was lacking on views. Could have used some video screens etc.

I just hate to hear coots have anything better than us, and yeah, we beat them but they got in and we didn't. Burns my but.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We DID beat them to the punch...

May 9, 2017, 4:46 PM

"Taking center stage inside the arena will be Littlejohn’s new scoreboard. Featuring a total of six screens, the scoreboard’s main displays will be 16 feet tall by 28 feet wide, making it the longest curved display Daktronics has put in any college arena.

Littlejohn will also have ribbon board displays — 17, in total, of varying lengths — that will cover nearly the entire circumference of the arena. There’ll be more than 100 television screens inside Littlejohn, while the new sound system will be distributed throughout the concourse."

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article87536927.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Ohhhhhhh...

May 9, 2017, 4:31 PM

So it was Jaron's fault that Donte, Gabe, et all never stepped up?

Gotcha...

Brad gonna Brad. Taking shots at his departed vets. Milton, K.J., Rod, and now Jaron. It's never your fault, is it, coach?

Re: Ohhhhhhh...

May 9, 2017, 4:38 PM

Best coach in the country according to some on here! He has good people and graduates his players. Recruiting and teaching these kids to win games is optional. Winning games don't matter to our administration.

Will you be able to watch an entire game this year?***

May 9, 2017, 5:04 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2017, 5:10 PM

Why wait 7 years to start this plan brad!!! ??

What step are we on now in year 8?

May 9, 2017, 5:13 PM

asking for a friend...

It's a new plan so maybe 1 or 2..........***

May 10, 2017, 4:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic