Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Boston College QB Anthony Brown's injury may have saved Clem
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Boston College QB Anthony Brown's injury may have saved Clem

Nov 12, 2018, 12:03 PM

Boston College QB Anthony Brown's injury may have saved Clemson's playoff hopes | Matt Vautour

This headline caught my eye. I hope this isn't too mangey, but I'd like to discuss somewhere and not have to go over there. I figured y'all would prefer this to my other snarky posts.

https://www.masslive.com/sports/2018/11/boston_college_qb_anthony_brow.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Brown is fair at best. Maybe, they could have gotten

Nov 12, 2018, 12:09 PM

another TD...27-14.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not sure that guy watched the game

Nov 12, 2018, 12:13 PM

He would fit right in as a Gamecock fan though, would be perfect for FGF. I mean hey, if they had Doug Flutie back maybe things go their way...Who knows??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some folks over at one of the BC boards are pisssssssssssed

Nov 12, 2018, 12:14 PM

at Wilkins. Calling the hit dirty and intent to injure.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It would be a fine in the league.***

Nov 12, 2018, 12:15 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would have been a personal foul too.***

Nov 12, 2018, 12:23 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good thing he stayed in college***

Nov 12, 2018, 12:42 PM [ in reply to It would be a fine in the league.*** ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understand where they're coming from.

Nov 12, 2018, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Some folks over at one of the BC boards are pisssssssssssed ]

I'm not going as far as to call it dirty or intentional, but if somebody did it to TL, we'd be pissed as well.

I don't think it was dirty or intentional, but it was unnecessary.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

I look at it as its football.

Nov 12, 2018, 12:26 PM

Al Davis said it best, way back in the day:

"The Quarterback must go down, and he must go down hard."

I'm not going to hate on CW for a clean, violent hit. He'll learn not to do that in the pros, but if college allows him to, then cool.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah. I never thought it was dirty ...just that CW

Nov 12, 2018, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Some folks over at one of the BC boards are pisssssssssssed ]

was going to hit him as hard as he could. Brown opting to try and make a play versus bracing for the hit made a big difference IMO.

meanwhile, keep in mind that Deondre Francois took a hit like that from CW or Big Dex one year and maybe missed one play. that dude is tough as nails.

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Yeah but most of Francois' ribs have been replaced with

Nov 12, 2018, 12:23 PM

titanium at this point.

Must be adamantium***

Nov 12, 2018, 12:30 PM

He definitely made sure he got his full weight on him

Nov 12, 2018, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Some folks over at one of the BC boards are pisssssssssssed ]

but it wasn't a dirty play. If you want to play with the big boys, that's how it's done. Alabama would come at you with machetes if they could.

I remember going to a tournament with my church basketball team one year, and we played an AAU team out of Atlanta or something. I don't recall the specifics, but we were waaaay overmatched. We whined like that too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he's a little on the optimistic side.

Nov 12, 2018, 12:29 PM

But he is right on one point: TL's head was spinning from some of those looks. That first protection shift, he took the bait to perfection.

I think Obed said it Saturday night...if he doesn't improve his pocket awareness quick, fast, and in a hurry, it is going to lead to a lot of pain and unnecessary suffering on his part.

Without reading...that's laughable.

Nov 12, 2018, 12:41 PM

BC didn't score an offensive point. They didn't come close to scoring an offensive point. The only reason they weren't blanked was because Clemson special teams is mostly a disaster, and ACC refs are idiots. Wilkins' hit was hard and fully intentional as far as getting into a QB's head, but fully legal in college football. Illegal in NFL, but this ain't the NFL. Even Addazio acknowledged that it was a clean, hard hit. BC might have moved the ball a little more with Brown, but let's not pretend like they're suddenly putting 30 points on the board with him under center.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they may have gotten close enough to try a FG

Nov 12, 2018, 12:44 PM

did they ever get inside the 40 yd line, even with the ref's horrific call?

I think with that muff, they got it at the 43.

Nov 12, 2018, 1:23 PM

And went backwards again, albeit not 39 yards backwards like they did the first try at the 43.

The game was nowhere near as close as the final score

Nov 12, 2018, 2:16 PM

suggested. If they had a gamer at QB that was taking them up and down the field, Clemson would have matched pace and intensity.

If you stop Clemson's passing attack, they'll run all over you. If you take away the run, TL will take the lid off the defense.

And whatever you try to do, Clemson still has that defense that never relents.

Boston College at the end of the day was still just Boston College. A scrappy little overachieving gang of 3*s that would embarrass SCAR but doesn't pose much of a threat to Clemson or Bama.

I thought the weather and not the QB was our demise.***

Nov 13, 2018, 8:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic