Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Blocking by our wide receivers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Blocking by our wide receivers

Jul 20, 2019, 10:22 PM

How many of you remember the wide receiver coach who used to reward the wide out with the most "decleaters" with a giant snickers bar. What ever happened to him anyway. Oh that's right he became a head coach.

As the coaches say everything is graded in game and practice. While Dabo believes everyone who deserves to play gets to play, I'm pretty sure Jeff Scott believes a wide out who won't block doesn't deserve to play. I am also am pretty sure that is the thing he has to convince incoming freshmen is the key to getting on the field. Ross is a good example he didn't play as much early in the year and one reason was he had to develop his blocking techniques.

How many of you would like to be the scout team DBs? You know you are facing very talented wide outs, but the wide outs know if they don't knock you on your rear they won't get to play. Doesn't sound like a lot of fun to me, always going up against someone, bigger, stronger and more talented. Yet they are out there everyday working just as hard as the others. Except for Jimmy Greenbeans he has taken a lot of time off lately.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Blocking by our wide receivers

Jul 20, 2019, 10:25 PM

sounds like you just self reported a minor NCAA infraction. ;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Violation

Jul 20, 2019, 10:30 PM

I read about it on Tigernet. I think it was a David Hood article, but I can't swear to that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Violation

Jul 20, 2019, 10:44 PM

JUst saw part of the Duke game tonight. Some good WR blocking that game. And to me, as important, is seeing the WR happy with what they accomplished; blocking.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Violation

Jul 21, 2019, 12:31 AM

Part of it is learning technique, the other part is willingness to do it. No room for. prima donna. They all do a good job looking for downfield blocks, even if they are catching up to the play. Ross looks like he enjoys smacking DBs

Although not a wide receiver

Jul 21, 2019, 10:14 AM

Garrett Williams was a valuable blocker for the Tigers- I haven’t seen a replacement for him step up yet. I hope that we find one. And so does TL.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic