Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bit off topic, but there were many counterfeit tickets in...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Bit off topic, but there were many counterfeit tickets in...

Oct 21, 2018, 12:45 PM

Section H at yesterdays game. 10 to 12 tickets in rows L and M, very good copies of a legit ticket and all were bought outside the stadium near the gates. All had bar codes that successfully scanned....BUT, ALL OF THE SEAT NUMBERS WERE IN THE 30's, I believe seats are only up to 29 in the lower deck. Plus the stock on the tickets had a "cut edge" and were not perforated like those that are "torn" from a season ticket sheet of tickets. Just a heads up for future games, especially the SCAR game....folks were out a lot of good money and probably listened to the game from their tailgate and all were Tiger fans. Watch the d@mn scalpers around the stadium, these tickets are very good copies, a little thing like a cut edge could make a difference in tipping off a counterfeit ticket.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bit off topic, but there were many counterfeit tickets in...

Oct 21, 2018, 12:49 PM

Take picture of person selling and ask for a drivers license to get name and address. If they refuse, keep walking and report them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2018, 12:52 PM

Scammers and thieves drive me crazy, why would you want to do this, just get a job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Oct 21, 2018, 1:56 PM

Had three coeds near me who had been sold bad tickets they bought three more and guess what they were bad too. The tickets looked identical to a good ticket and even scanned.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they scanned ok, they were able to get in the stadium...

Oct 21, 2018, 4:26 PM

why did they?buy three more.?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If they scanned ok, they were able to get in the stadium...

Oct 21, 2018, 9:16 PM

The first three they bought did not scan. They said someone saw them crying and offers them more tickets that they bought. These scanned and they were allowed in only to find the seats they bought were occupied. Ticket office knew who had the seats and the girls were told they had to move that they had counterfeit tickets. They were told by the ticket rep they could go and stand or find a seat .

Oct 21, 2018, 2:00 PM

Sec P row R had about 8 or so counterfeit tckts as well. The perforated edge was different from a normal ticket. Felt sorry for the group of clemson fans...they got scammed. See pic

That's the crap I saw.....

Oct 21, 2018, 3:11 PM

looks just like a real ticket.....and these in your photo were in the North Stands. A ring of thieves hit the NCSU game.....hopefully CUPD and SLED will do some undercover work for the remaining home games and put a stop to this.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2018, 2:03 PM

That happened to me two years ago at the USC-Clemson game. Like 8 of us bought tickets for the same seats. Fortunately the section was pretty empty so we all just sat in whatever seats were open.

Luckily, I only paid $20 for the ticket.

It was the first time in 14+ years of going to games that I ever bought a fake ticket.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

I call BS...$20 ticket to a Clemson/Mouth Carolina game?

Oct 24, 2018, 12:58 PM

Maybe in the 60s pal...If you paid that price 2 years ago, you're too stupid to know you were getting taken, you couldn't get a Troy ticket for that price...And I'd like to know which section had "plenty" of empty seats as well...Honestly, the entire story sounds like a lie, and we ALL know what a liar you are.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If there were empty seats it would have been

Oct 24, 2018, 1:02 PM

in the Coot section shortly after halftime. If not earlier

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, Liarof09 probably sat with Sasquatch and the Easter

Oct 24, 2018, 1:05 PM

Bunny, they got fake $20 tickets too

Re: I call BS...$20 ticket to a Clemson/Mouth Carolina game?

Oct 25, 2018, 8:26 AM [ in reply to I call BS...$20 ticket to a Clemson/Mouth Carolina game? ]

Posts like this make me question if you actually go to games or just watch them on tv. It’s very easy to scalp tickets for low prices thanks to the TV era.

I was in TDF for the game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been sitting in the same section since the 70s jacka$$,

Oct 25, 2018, 1:14 PM

I'd love to see you at a game

I'll be looking for those $10 and $20 tickets you keep

Oct 25, 2018, 6:35 PM [ in reply to Re: I call BS...$20 ticket to a Clemson/Mouth Carolina game? ]

lying about at THIS year's Mouth Carolina game...I wan't hold my breath about the free one you lied about in 2010, but I'm definitely going to be looking for those $10 and $20 tickets...Liar

Oct 21, 2018, 2:40 PM

This is great info. This has always been a concern for me. Clemson is 1100 miles for me round trip, so I wouldn't take the risk.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

this is most certainly "on topic"***

Oct 21, 2018, 3:58 PM

Section UH Row G Seat 25 had one.***

Oct 21, 2018, 4:11 PM

Curious to know how a seller would react if...

Oct 21, 2018, 4:29 PM

.... If you asked them if they would mind if you take their pic for protection against fraud.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are some sections in the lower deck with seat numbers

Oct 21, 2018, 4:34 PM

in the thirties. Our seats are 30 and 32.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ultimately the way to beat the scammers is not to buy

Oct 21, 2018, 4:39 PM

tickets from scalpers. At the risk of upsetting some snowflakes on here - you can easily distinguish between a scalper and a genuine fan/season ticket holder standing outside the stadium trying to sell a couple of extra tickets. For one thing, the scalpers usually carry small cardboard signs (i.e. "tickets wanted" etc...) and don't ever have any Clemson gear on. Most of the scalpers look like they just got up from an all night bender and rolled out of bed in whatever dirty clothes they could find. My point being is they look out of place from everyone else attending the game.

The scalpers are not fans and are out to make money any way they can - honestly or dishonestly. I will NEVER buy from these scalper parasites as they also deal in counterfeit money in a lot of cases. IMO it is better to pay extra through legitimate ticket sources than giving any of these dirt bags your money for a 50/50 chance of a legit ticket. I really wish there was some way for the campus police to round the scalpers up and keep them away from campus while allowing genuine fans to sell their extra tickets to willing buyers...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never understood why scalpers don't just buy some gear.

Oct 21, 2018, 4:43 PM

People are more willing to deal with fans for the reason you mentioned, and you could move around the stadium so as not to get found out...

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ultimately the way to beat the scammers is not to buy

Oct 21, 2018, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Ultimately the way to beat the scammers is not to buy ]

tickets from scalpers. At the risk of upsetting some snowflakes on here - you can easily distinguish between a scalper and a genuine fan/season ticket holder standing outside the stadium trying to sell a couple of extra tickets. For one thing, the scalpers usually carry small cardboard signs (i.e. "tickets wanted" etc...) and don't ever have any Clemson gear on. Most of the scalpers look like they just got up from an all night bender and rolled out of bed in whatever dirty clothes they could find. My point being is they look out of place from everyone else attending the game.

The scalpers are not fans and are out to make money any way they can - honestly or dishonestly. I will NEVER buy from these scalper parasites as they also deal in counterfeit money in a lot of cases. IMO it is better to pay extra through legitimate ticket sources than giving any of these dirt bags your money for a 50/50 chance of a legit ticket. I really wish there was some way for the campus police to round the scalpers up and keep them away from campus while allowing genuine fans to sell their extra tickets to willing buyers...

Snowflakes? How does a hateful overused political catch phrase apply to this topic? I guess I got a case of the confuse...??

Oct 21, 2018, 5:49 PM

Some overly sensitive types would say that I'm "stereotyping" and "profiling" scalpers by my description of them.... If you have seen the scalpers - you know what I mean...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was buying tickets once and got off the bus from Y beach

Oct 21, 2018, 5:55 PM [ in reply to Ultimately the way to beat the scammers is not to buy ]

me and a scalper walked up to some dude at the same time. He was clearly a Clemson fan selling a couple extra tickets. I was clearly a Clemson fan with two daughters. The scalper was clearly a scalper with a cardboard sign and not wearing anything Clemson. The guy selling the tickets said no man, he got here first sold the guy the tickets and he turned right to me and said, you want to buy them. I looked at the dude that sold the tickets and said really dude???? Told them both to EF off and found tickets elsewhere.

I will never buy or sell tickets from a scalper and never have.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2018, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Ultimately the way to beat the scammers is not to buy ]

This is just wrong.

The fake ticket I bought was from a dorky looking skinny white guy with a blue jacket and an orange hat. He looked exactly like a dad that was going to the game with his kids.

And he sold you a $20 ticket to see #1 Clemson take on Mouth

Oct 24, 2018, 1:00 PM

Carolina? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Oct 21, 2018, 4:53 PM

They are really bad in Charlotte, better have tickets before heading to the ACCCG

I bought great seats from Stubhub a couple hours before the

Oct 21, 2018, 5:57 PM

game last year. Prices went down right before the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I bought great seats from Stubhub a couple hours before the

Oct 21, 2018, 7:51 PM

This year they will be cheap like normal.
The last 3 years the Coastal champ was pretty good this season not so much
The only time they have really been expensive was UNC and the U last year.
There won’t be much excitement for this season.
Especially knowing Clemson will beat whoever by 3 TDS

Oct 21, 2018, 9:10 PM

We drove from Tampa and were looking to buy tickets. We haven't been able to get to many home games since we moved down here several years ago. First we walked through multiple parking lots without luck and then were approached by a scalper. He seemed a little flighty so we did not buy from him. Was later told by another scalper that the first one was selling counterfeit tickets. He said that the real ones had gray print on the back but the fake ones had black print on the back.

We then had other scalpers try to sell us tickets. Interestingly they were all in Section I lower deck. Needless to say I didn't buy from any of them. We went back to the parking lots and had a very nice couple give us 4 tickets on the 25 yard line about 10 rows up. Would not take any money for them!

After being given the tickets we walked to Bowman and made a nice donation to Habitat for Humanity with our ticket money. Tiger fans are the greatest. Our 6 yo and 11 yo had a great time at their 2nd ever Clemson Game.

Oct 24, 2018, 12:18 AM

Section H at yesterdays game. 10 to 12 tickets in rows L and M, very good copies of a legit ticket and all were bought outside the stadium near the gates. All had bar codes that successfully scanned....BUT, ALL OF THE SEAT NUMBERS WERE IN THE 30's, I believe seats are only up to 29 in the lower deck. Plus the stock on the tickets had a "cut edge" and were not perforated like those that are "torn" from a season ticket sheet of tickets. Just a heads up for future games, especially the SCAR game....folks were out a lot of good money and probably listened to the game from their tailgate and all were Tiger fans. Watch the d@mn scalpers around the stadium, these tickets are very good copies, a little thing like a cut edge could make a difference in tipping off a counterfeit ticket.

Our counterfeit tickets were Section H, Row L, Sears 27,29,31. ??

Oct 24, 2018, 12:52 PM

Has anyone contacted the ticket office about how some of these counterfit tickets apparently scanned more than once? D Hood or T Crump, this would be a helpful article for TigerNet.

Oct 24, 2018, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Bit off topic, but there were many counterfeit tickets in... ]

Has anyone contacted the ticket office about how some of these counterfit tickets apparently scanned more than once? D Hood or T Crump, this would be a helpful article for TigerNet.

Oct 24, 2018, 1:05 PM

Here is one possibility of duplicates getting through the gate, at times the scanners are not working properly. I know people who have scanned tickets at the gate and they say they will get error messages, when they ask what to do they are told let them come on through, don't hold up the line. . The issue with scanners has been there since day one using them.

Oct 24, 2018, 2:06 PM

I have a friend that got scammed w/ print at home tickets at ACCCG in 2015 in Charlotte. They told him they could have verified them at the gate. I don't think other venues have this kind of scanning issues. With all of the printed tickets being counterfit as well, we need some guidance from the ticket office.

If anyone had a good look at a counterfit ticket, did the chrome stripe look real on close inspection? It seems this would look like a picture on the counterfit ones, but may have to look real closely to tell.

Scalpers are interesting folks...

Oct 25, 2018, 10:27 AM

At the National Championship game in Tampa, car parks beside us and four men in their 20's get out. Aren't wearing team colors so I ask them who are they are rooting for? They say neither team. They drove down from Atlanta to buy/sell tickets.

About two hours before kick-off, they all come back to the car. I asked them if they had any luck. Said they bought/sold one ticket. Then drove back to Atlanta. I'm guessing they didn't even make enough money to cover the cost of gas/food for the trip down.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic