Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Big Ole Georgia starting off with 3 toughies..Vandy, Murray St and (drum roll)...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Big Ole Georgia starting off with 3 toughies..Vandy, Murray St and (drum roll)...

Jul 12, 2019, 6:55 PM

Cleveland state.

* Cleveland St is in Cleveland, Oh; a research college; 17,000 students; begun as such in 1964 but merged with small much older school; offeres 200 studies; in MAC conference; Mascot name is Vikings; Colors are Dark Green & White. However, I don't think they ever started up a Football program so maybe I saw tv screen wrong!

Oh, Bammy cracks off with Dook while Tigers have Ga Tech on a Thursday night & Big Bad Texas A&M.

Now who has The weak schedule to start the season?!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Big Ole Georgia starting off with 3 toughies..Vandy, Murray St and (drum roll)...

Jul 12, 2019, 7:09 PM

That is what teams in the SEC do. Cupcake schedule out of conference games then complain about how tough their schedule is. However, those cupcake games for Georgia at the first of the season will make the rest of the schedule very tough. No rest games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Big Ole Georgia starting off with 3 toughies..Vandy, Murray St and (drum roll)...

Jul 12, 2019, 7:54 PM

So now the issue is the early part of the SEC schedule? What? Finebaum not get you guys fired up today?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2019, 8:33 PM

Nah, we're mostly thinking that the SEC is so hard that Alabama cake walked it and their "toughest" game was won with their back up QB while the weak ACC was so easy that Clemson had to put in a true freshmen QB to win the national championship against the best the SEC had to offer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2019, 6:27 AM

So now it's about last year's schedule.

No,it's about beating the "Best team in history", y'alls own

Jul 13, 2019, 8:07 AM

words, "Like a yard dawg".....And then ALL of Y'all doing your best Michael Vick imitation and throwing that dog in the lake with a cement block around its neck.

1. "That watt'n a real Bama team"
2. " Dabo prepared for a month to beat down Bama "
3. Then, the new and improved version,"Dabo prepared for a month to beat down a beated down Bama"
4. This was my favorite from two SEC sports journalists. It came during their recap a month or so after the game. They began by saying how Bama was beaten down by their schedule on the last five games which consisted of The Citadel, Auburn,Georgia,Oklahoma and Clemson. LOL, THE CITADEL who actually scored 17 more points on Bama than did LSU or MISS ST. So anyway, the two announcers say Bama was beaten down by this schedule....and less than 5 minutes later in the broadcast they say,"But you know Pard, THE SEC HAS TO TAKE SOME BLAME TOO, because those teams NEVER TESTED BAMA ENOUGH TO EXPOSE BAMA's WEAKNESSES"

5. Bama was not focused
6. Bama was tired of playing Clemson (Seriously, I heard this on on the radio)

**** And going back to the last 5 games deal. Let's go back 7 games which includes LSU and Miss St. Well, Bama beat them 29 to Zip and 24 to Zip...And Clemson's last 5 games were Duke,South Carolina,Pittsburgh, Notre Dame, and BAMA...OK, I'm gonna say Duke would beat The Citadel, so throw those two games away. Auburn vs. South Carolina..meh. Georgia is better than Pittsburgh,I'll give them that. Oklahoma vs. Notre Dame, who knows, they all thought Georgia was gonna stomp Texas. And then # 5 was Bama versus US and US VERSUS......yep, Bammmmuhhhhhhhhhh. Wow, so a schedule where one of the last five games for each time might have been tougher was the reason THE BEST TEAM IN HISTORY got curb stomped.

I rest my case.

Re: No,it's about beating the "Best team in history", y'alls own

Jul 13, 2019, 10:32 AM

There are a lot of words that have nothing to do with UGA's schedule.

What do you want us to do? It’s a target rich environment.

Jul 13, 2019, 8:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Big Ole Georgia starting off with 3 toughies..Vandy, Murray St and (drum roll)... ]

Do we mock this year’s non- conference schedule? Last year’s schedule? Georgia’s lack of national championships in the modern era of college football? Their inability to beat Bama? Their terrible coaching decisions? Off-field problems? How their instate recruits leave the state to play football? How their savior QB transferred after a year?

It’s just a lot to address.

null

And we want to personally thank the state of Georgia for not

Jul 13, 2019, 8:47 AM

one, not two, but THREE National Championship winning Quarterbacks.

Homer is from Athens

Jul 13, 2019, 8:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What do you want us to do? It’s a target rich environment.

Jul 13, 2019, 10:36 AM [ in reply to What do you want us to do? It’s a target rich environment. ]

Schedules: Clemson plays in the ACC with ZERO competition. Leave schedules out of this.
UGA's lack of championships and inability to beat Bama: You got me there.
Off field problems: Former Clemson players arrested for armed robbery, another for assault. Clemson with players suspended for PEDs (wait, that's an on field problem and really just a conspiracy against Clemson).
If any team has a "savior," it's Dabo of Nazareth. He's about one championship away from being elevated above the good Lord.

Cleveland State?

Jul 12, 2019, 8:24 PM

Never heard of it.

Re: Cleveland State?

Jul 12, 2019, 9:46 PM

Never ever knew Cleveland State had a Football team,knew they had a Basketball team because former Tiger Assistant and Head Coach Larry Shyatt was an assistant coach there and former Tiger Assistant Dennis Felton a Head Coach there

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic