Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Big Mistake: Coot Tickets Weren't Supposed To Be Free To All
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Big Mistake: Coot Tickets Weren't Supposed To Be Free To All

Nov 29, 2018, 11:27 PM

Another big blunder coming out of Columbia.....

http://www.wistv.com/2018/11/29/usc-athletics-says-free-online-tickets-saturdays-game-were-not-intended-general-public/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt it matters either way

Nov 29, 2018, 11:46 PM

Half-cocked idea to play Akron in the first place.

Re: Big Mistake: Coot Tickets Weren't Supposed To Be Free To All

Nov 29, 2018, 11:50 PM

University of Southern California should not be allowed to give away free tickets to a coot game........but it’s pretty funny that they did.

Nov 30, 2018, 12:12 AM

This is soo darn funny. First those dumba$$es pay Akron $1.3 million and now they give the tickets away free, LMAO...u cannot make this stuff up...

Nov 30, 2018, 5:02 AM

They have screwed it up for over a hundred years, It's the same thing, just a different day!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2018, 4:59 AM

Coot management has been making those mistakes for over a hundred years, they should be use to it by now!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2018, 5:31 AM

Poorly reported story. What happens for the people who downloaded the free tickets?

they could open the gates Saturday and let everybody in free

Nov 30, 2018, 8:14 AM

that wanted to go to the game, and they could probably still keep the upper decks closed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2018, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Big Mistake: Coot Tickets Weren't Supposed To Be Free To All ]

Yea, that's what I wanted to know. I printed off 500 of them and handed them out to every cr@ckhead, bum, meth addict and thug I could find within walking distance to WB (took all of 15 seconds). Told them there would be free liquor, crack, meth, hook3rs and food and tons of giveaways during the game. Those people are citizens of the city of Columbia - to keep those good people out of the stadium would be criminal.

Haven't they suffered enough?? *

Nov 30, 2018, 9:26 AM

?

Re: Haven't they suffered enough?? *

Nov 30, 2018, 8:14 PM

No, not when suffering is all they have known their life time as a coot fan!!!

Nov 30, 2018, 8:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Big Mistake: Coot Tickets Weren't Supposed To Be Free To All ]

"Told them there would be free liquor, crack, meth, hook3rs and food..." Only in Golden Spur seating. General admissions just gets the free liquor (puked from an upper deck by a hobo) and the doo doo crack.

My guess is that they may be glad the mistake

Nov 30, 2018, 5:37 AM

occurred, considering the opponent and weather forecast.

Most Gamecock folks I know here in the Midlands, even season ticket holders and donors, don't plan to attend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ray Tanner runs a tight ship.

Nov 30, 2018, 7:07 AM

Tanner continues to mismanage the Gamecock athletic department.

SC puts football tickets up for a free download. Now they are saying, "The Athletic Department hope that our fans respect the intention of the offer of complimentary tickets to community groups and the military."

What a fiasco. Will heads roll over this badly managed, costly mistake? Probably not.

A more important question to me is, "How many tickets to this regular season game will South Carolina sell?"

Re: Ray Tanner runs a tight ship.

Nov 30, 2018, 7:40 AM

Nobody in their right mind will believe this was a mistake. It was a lame attempt to keep people from seeing all the empty seats. It did not result in an onslaught of fans getting the free tickets. Once they realized that, they rushed to say they were not intended to be free for anybody. Now when we see the empty seats, they will claim it is due to the fans respecting the intentions of the University...not a lack of interested fans. I believe this press release is due to them not being able to give these tickets away, but they will never say that.

Re: Ray Tanner runs a tight ship.

Nov 30, 2018, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Ray Tanner runs a tight ship. ]

As I have mentioned, they are use to things like this happening!!!

Good luck selling those for $50 a pop!***

Nov 30, 2018, 7:26 AM

Nov 30, 2018, 7:32 AM

Even free is too high for this snooze fest with rain in the forecast. I can not see them filling the stadium even if all the tickets were free. I would not waste my time watching the coots play a nearly high school team. I would opt for watching some old movie over this boring game.

Nov 30, 2018, 7:55 PM

It’s not on tv

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Nov 30, 2018, 8:25 AM

They must have discovered that I was using over 2,000 email addresses to order over 16,000 tickets that will not be used. I think I cleaned out an entire section.

Nov 30, 2018, 10:52 AM

Oooh, you're really good at being bad!

Tigers Roar! #####----crow?

Re: Big Mistake: Coots gonna coot SSL!

Nov 30, 2018, 12:06 PM

This is so hilarious that it's sad.

For most of Sakerlina's existence, they have been elitist snobs. Their enrollment standards were high, and their expectations for their alumni were higher. If you lived in a non-metro area--only 4 metro areas existed in the state prior to 1992--the only SC alums you knew were the doctor, lawyer, judge, and their stay-at-home, daddy's rich little girl wives.

The era of James Holderman was not an anomaly in the history of USC. He was simply ahead of his time, and more indiscreet than his predecessors.

In those days, USC did not want to be the most popular school in the state. They wanted to be the best.

They had no interest in improving the state, so long as they were in charge. Meanwhile they mocked the role the Clemson extension office played in every rural county, helping local farmers and foresters harvest, develop and sustain their resources. Clemson, not USC, helped the state become a more productive, healthier and more vibrant place to work, live and recreate, doctors and lawyers be d*mned.

USC alumni could call Clemson people "taters", implying their own superiority, but there was no moral validity to their claim. Whatever superiority they enjoyed was wasted on themselves like an educational country club. The commoners received no benefit from being in the same state as the Gamecocks.

Then USC joined the SEC, and everything changed.

Well, not everything. They still think they're superior, but they aren't. They still think their diploma carries gravitasse, but only in certain fields. They have become what they hated, a school of the masses, and Holderman would croak to see the seamy and sordid citizens who now proudly display Gamecock apparel.

Where 40 years ago he might steal the USC shirt off a bum's back to prevent such a tawdry display, now they are proud of the sheer volume of lowlife layabouts who wear the black and--well, black.

So much has changed. Except the snobbiness.

And even if we don't like the nickname, that's why we say, coots gonna coot.

4evertiger.......

Nov 30, 2018, 7:49 PM

Almost nothing in your post is true. The University of South Carolina has never been elite, has never been hard to get into and has never been viewed by anyone as a good school. Smart kids from South Carolina have been going to schools much better than USC for at least all of the 2oth Century. The idea that any undergraduate degree from South Carolina has any gravitas is laughable. I'm not sure if you know all this and were posting an hilariously sarcastic look at SC or if you have been badly misled about the school in Columbia all of your life.

Re: 4evertiger.......

Dec 1, 2018, 1:19 AM

Perhaps you and i have different definitions for 'nothing', 'true', and 'never'.

I agree with your clarification that none of the undergraduate programs have gravitas--only some of the graduate programs.

Regardless of your desire to argue, the 2 primary enrollment requirements at USC in the 70's was the ability to pay the bill--not a sure fire thing before the student loan gravy train--and the willingness to act like a snob.

If you want to assert that not all snobs went to Carolina, well, that's on you. Make your case.

Re: Big Mistake: Coot "Anything" - In General

Nov 30, 2018, 12:11 PM

"Steve Fink" (perfect name for Assoc. A.D/Comm.Dir there...) should rethink any restrictions on ticket giveaways. Stop trying to create inflated, hyped value for these tickets. Akron in the rain? If they want over 1000 people, they better set up tables outside Brice - give the tix away & include a Carribean cruise w/each ticket.

Re: Big Mistake: Coot "Anything" - In General

Nov 30, 2018, 8:17 PM

Their spring game will top the numbers of fans at this game!!!

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic