Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Best basketball team in a long time
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Best basketball team in a long time

Nov 14, 2018, 5:54 AM

This could shape up to be a great year; we'll see how the games against the paid NBA G League teams (Duke, etc) and no classes teams (UNC, etc) impact it.

What will our overall record and ACC record be?

Will we make the tourney? If so, what seed?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Best basketball team in a long time

Nov 14, 2018, 7:30 AM

UNC , DUKE , ND , FSU , UVA , Syracuse , Louisville will all be good this year . Our conference is deep and talented as per usual .
Honestly I expect to get back to the tourney with this team , but new parts and a gauntlet in-league makes me think that 22-24 wins would be respectable , maybe 5th-6th in conference overall .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Best team since last year....conference play starts brutal....

Nov 14, 2018, 8:24 AM

The @ Duke, @ Syracuse, UVA opening to conference play is as difficult as one could get.
It will be important to stay level even if we lose all 3 of those. Hopefully we get one. Then we have GT, followed by road games at FSU and NCSU....4 of the first 6 on the road at 4 very tough venues. After that, the schedule settles down a bit.

Duke and UVA are both top 5.
UNC, Syracuse, FSU and Va. Tech are all currently ranked above us.

Even non-conference foes Nebraska and Mississippi State are ranked.

Looking forward to a really good season, but we have our work cut out for us in January for sure.

My realistic goal for this team is to get back to the NCAA tourney...beyond that, everything else is icing on the cake.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2018, 8:29 AM

This team has good talent. My concern is there has been a lack of scholarship bodies for practice. Hopefully that isnt going to hurt us in prep and development.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2018, 8:29 AM

Very possible that we could have a much better team and a much worse record. However, I thought several years ago when we played home games in Greenville that we were doomed with a killer stretch playing Duke, Louisville, Syracuse, etc. and won like 3 out of 4.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic