Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Best Team Ever?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Best Team Ever?

Jan 17, 2019, 3:45 PM

Was this team great? Sure. The best ever? That's completely laughable. Since when did playing in a weak conference and beating Alabama (a squad that's not in their top 3) make a team the greatest? Is anyone really believing this team is better than the 2001 Canes, 1995 Nebraska or 1996 Florida? This team barely beat Texas A&M who lost 4 games, give me a break. Would this team have gone undefeated if they played Alabama's schedule? I think not.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Found juan.

Jan 17, 2019, 3:47 PM

Dirtpecker.

Snowflake Basher........Out

weak conference? LOL. SEC went 6-6 in bowls and your top 2 teams were

Jan 17, 2019, 4:28 PM

manhandled on the National stage. That eSECpn myth was exploded for everyone to see.

whoops, sorry gtriple, that reply was meant for PB&J.

Message was edited by: tiger_swimmer®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Will you please no go and

Jan 17, 2019, 7:28 PM [ in reply to Found juan. ]

"unfind" it.

Re: Best Team Ever?

Jan 17, 2019, 3:52 PM

Let me know when your coots go 15-0 and win a national championship by beating a top four ranked Notre Dame and number 1 Alabama.
5- ?? against your C????ts. Heyll the coots can’t even score a point on Virginia!

I just couldn't imagine being a coot. The best you have

Jan 17, 2019, 3:53 PM

is to compare 15-0 National Champ Clemson to 95 Nebraska, 96 Florida, and 2001 Miami? Think about that..
Anyhow, I know you meant it as a slight, but even that was a fail. Thanks for the compliment.
And weak conference? We talking about being 3-0 against the SEC? Just clarifying..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 17, 2019, 3:54 PM

Our team played a tougher schedule than bammy. We beat 6 undefeated teams at the time we played them. Yeah I’d put this team up against any team you want and they’d win. Get ur facts first.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2019, 3:54 PM

Yes, this team would have gone undefeated playing Alabama's schedule. We beat them by 27.

Jan 17, 2019, 3:55 PM

*28, we beat Notre Dame by 27.

28***

Jan 17, 2019, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Best Team Ever? ]

Snowflake Basher........Out

Jan 17, 2019, 3:55 PM

Its def up there in the rankings of best team ever. I know coots have a hard timd coming fo terms with that but thats understandable. TL was also not yet the starter at A&M, since he took over full time and played a whole game i dont think a team came within 20 points of us. including ND and the great Bama. That miami squad was really really good but you also have to give time to see if this team's players
do as good in the Pros. This team is full of NFL talent and might have up to 6-7 players taken in the first 2 rounds this year not counting when TL, Tee, Ross and TE enter the draft its def not laughable like the uscjr program. Go Tigers!!!

You make me laugh at you you jealous dirtpecker

Jan 17, 2019, 3:56 PM

First of all TL is the first true freshman QB to start and win a N.C. since 1985. Our QB situation was not settled until game 5. A&M was game 2 genius. Syracuse, our only other close game, was a game in which TLaw was injured. Our margin of victory while constantly rotating backups and clearing the bench as the season wore on is astounding. If you want to see why many, even outside of Clemson fans, are considering this team the GOAT look at what we did in the championship games. This was EASILY Saban’s best team and we blew them out.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2019, 3:57 PM
Saban.JPG(93.1 K)

According to stats, 2018 was Alabama's 2nd best team ever. Their 1st best team ever lost to Clemson in 2016.

Jan 17, 2019, 3:58 PM

LOL you can tell the best ever talk he watched on ESPN struck a nerve, he instantly goes on TNET to let out his frustration. Buttttt somebody has to be dumb as a rock....might as well be him. No need to explain anything to him, he knows its true, that's why he gets on here to try to convince himself its not.

Jan 17, 2019, 4:14 PM

Pulse dropping by the second with this guy...unbelievable.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We know who's NOT the best team ever.

Jan 17, 2019, 4:19 PM

U of SuC, that's who. Never been even close. One of the most average teams in the history of college football. One conference title in over 100 years.

I wouldn't be talking smack if I had the track record of your team, the coots - the very definition of "average". You've never even been in the conversation.

Beat the Citadel and Virginia before you open your mouth. U of SuC football is the laughingstock of the SEC.

And thanks for pulling our strength of schedule down every year! And check the strength of schedule rankings and you'll find that we played a tougher schedule than you or Alabama - 3 of the last four years we've played a tougher schedule than U of SuC. Check the facts, It's true.

And that powder puff schedule you coots had this year was pitiful - and you still only won 7 games after saying you would win 10 or more! LOL

Jan 17, 2019, 4:19 PM

2001 Miami barely (by 2 points) beat a VT team that lost 4 games.

1996 Florida beat a 2-win Vanderbilt team by only 7 points, and also lost to FSU that year.

1995 Nebraska has an argument, for sure. What they did that year was just ridiculous.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This will help

Jan 17, 2019, 4:27 PM
Saban.JPG(92.1 K)

Saban's best teams were 2016 & 2018.

Guess what they have in common LOL

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jan 17, 2019, 4:28 PM

Pointing it out again to help OP,while the rest of us giggle

Haha

Jan 17, 2019, 4:33 PM

Oh boy
You might want to visit a proctologist

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Jan 17, 2019, 4:41 PM

News flash - a conference doesnt dictate how good one team is, also you bringing it up shows your feathers. Also google best Saban team ever and see how many articles reference 2018.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Maybe the best Clemson team ever...

Jan 17, 2019, 5:48 PM

but comparing this Clemson team to teams from other schools is pointless, entirely too subjective, and an exercise in futility.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Hey moron...

Jan 17, 2019, 6:06 PM

It doesn’t matter who played Alabama’s schedule... WE BEAT THEM BY FOUR TOUCHDOWNS!!! And from what I saw there’s not a whole lot of difference between Bama, the best teams in Bama’s schedule, Notre Dame, whoever. They’re ALL overrated. We smoke ALL those teams in the CFP when it counts.

You coots are pathetic. We’ll be there in November to collect the rent - be ready to PAY UP.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

List all the teams that did the following...

Jan 17, 2019, 6:12 PM

1. Beat #3 and #1 ranked teams by an average score of 27.5
2. Went 15-0
3. Finished #1 in defensive efficiency and #4 in offensive efficiency.

If you can't, then you have essentially come here and crapped in your pants. Clean yourself off and get out.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2019, 7:31 PM

This is your best attempt at trolling? This was really bad, you should feel bad.

Jan 18, 2019, 2:56 PM

Let me get this straight...the best team in college football history gave up 500 yards passing to South Carolina??!! You guys are delusional! If Lawrence would have played the whole game against A&M, you guys would have been 14-1. He struggled which is why KB played majority of the game. Did someone say the ACC is better than the SEC? LMAO!! I guess it must be nerve wrecking to play Pitt in a conference title game.....compared to UGA. Honestly, did the ACC have 3 legit teams? Did anyone happen to see the NC State-A&M game?

Jan 18, 2019, 3:12 PM

Hey coot dumba$$, your mothership(e$ecpn) among others are the ones spewing Bama as best team ever.Of course U of Suc was crowing about it too,anyway, we beat the best team ever by 4 td, so that makes us THE GOAT.

Dude you’re hilarious.

Jan 18, 2019, 3:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Best Team Ever? ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dude you’re hilarious.

Jan 18, 2019, 3:20 PM

Thank you, thank you very much ( in my Elvis voice)

Jan 18, 2019, 3:19 PM

Who cares? The all time teams will never play, so who cares? All that matters is that Clemson won it all this year. Worrying about who is better would be like trying to argue if Michael Jordan and the best Bulls team would beat the best Warriors team. Who knows? It doesn't matter.

Jan 18, 2019, 3:23 PM

I tend to agree with you but it sure gets their GOAT

Jan 18, 2019, 3:44 PM

I bet if we can stay healthy we will win it the next 2 years as well. Then we will be debating which Trevor Lawrence team was the best national champion Clemson team all time.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic