Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let's get this straight....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

Let's get this straight....

Feb 14, 2019, 2:27 PM

Tua is over rated. Against the toughest 3 defenses he played all year he accumulated 5 td 5 int averaging around 250 yards/game.... In every other game he accumulated 38 TDs 1 INT. Tua is a good QB don't get me wrong but to think he's the best player in college football is beyond me when you look into his surrounding role with a dominant OL, the second best receiving corps in all of college football, and a heavy stable of running backs willing to do the dirty work for him and are great blockers. Tua is a good QB and the best Alabama has had in a while but he's not worth all the hype.

Trevor vs the top 3 defenses he faced 7 TD, 0 INT, averaging around 315 yards/game. This is with a very similar supporting cast. Hard to judge off of the rest of the year though as he was very limited early on not hitting the 20 pass mark until week 6.

Jake Bentley vs Tua against same opponents (Clemson, A&M, and UGA) Just the top 3 similar defenses faced

Bentley 8TDs 4 INTs
Tua 7TDs 4 INTs

Tua had a much more dominant cast around him.... I'm still not sold on the hype of him being great at the next level at all.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Before the Playoff I actually watched some of Bama's games.

Feb 14, 2019, 2:51 PM

My intent was to find a final score between Clemson and Bama that I could post here in Tnet. I'm retired and it's bad weather to be working on my 1985 Mercedes gas to diesel conversion and restoration project so I spent a lot of time looking closely at Bama, OU and ND.

My conclusion are in the following links.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/This-is-a-17-19-point-Clemson-victory-24814417

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/UGAs-d-was-on-Bama-like-white-on-rice-24831618

I did not see anything that made me think Tua could read a defense post snap. I should have known BV would take advantage of that and we'd pick Tua but I failed to consider that factor.

Tua will go the way of Tajh. He will never be an NFL starting quarterback.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic