Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Be Fun to Watch ESPINNERS Gag on SEC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,823

Be Fun to Watch ESPINNERS Gag on SEC

Sep 23, 2019, 11:15 AM

Junk trying to shill in 4 SEC teams to CFBP. Bet money one of their cultists giddily push for UGA LSU BAMA and UF. I do think SEC may send 2 again though. Would be awesome to whoop two SEC teams to win it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Be Fun to Watch ESPINNERS Gag on SEC

Sep 23, 2019, 11:30 AM

your forgot aweburn

For me, it would be interesting if LSU, Bama, and Auburn all traded wins/losses... and Auburn downing jawja along the way. LSU beating Bama, loss to Auburn. So on and so on....

And to back it all up, you have a 12-1 Texas team with its only loss to LSU early. Wisc being 13-0, Clemson being 13-0... and have a 3 way cluster for the SEC rep.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2019, 11:36 AM

It will all work itself out though

Sep 23, 2019, 12:39 PM

oh how true this is. every year since playoffs inception, all the "what ifs" have dominated cfb discussions. and rightfully so, the back and forth banter is a HUGE part of cfb fandom. but in the end, when all the wins and losses are tallied up- IT ALL WORKS ITSELF OUT IN THE END. even tho alabama by its own previous admission, should have been held out of playoffs for lack of conference championship.

8 team playoff: Guarantees SEC-fatigue

Sep 23, 2019, 12:54 PM

All the people who want an 8 team playoff either realize it or don't realize it would "just mean more" SECond teams in the hunt!
Automatically you would have:

SEC champ
SEC runner up
SEC west runner up

Possibly the SEC runner up if they ever get good enough or the SEC west 3rd place team depending on who it is. If it's LSU, Bama, Awbumum then you bet. Especially if their only loss was to each other!

So, Pac 12, Big 12, Big 10 and ACC would basically still have to duke it out for the remaining spots.

And yep! They will spin it so their ratings will go through the ceiling!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2019, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Be Fun to Watch ESPINNERS Gag on SEC ]

Saban will get on TV and cry again ...

Sep 23, 2019, 11:55 AM

They'll all say they are so tired.

Sep 23, 2019, 12:03 PM

I give the CFP committee credit for how they've handled things the first 5 years thus far. They even put us at #1 based on our resume even though we hadn't been ranked #1 in the other polls that season. It's that example btw that has me prepared for us not being #1 when the CFP first comes out based on our schedule thus far, although that's not the point of this post.

Yes they put in 2 SEC teams 2 years ago, but the highest ranked conference champion had 2 losses that year, and both were blowouts. One blow out was by Oklahoma over Ohio State, and Oklahoma was in the playoffs themselves, and if I remember correctly that game was even played at Ohio State. The other blowout was to a 7-5 team.

Last year they certainly could've made an argument for putting Georgia in over ND, but they went with the P5(I know they aren't in a conference, but they play a schedule filled with P5 teams) that had gone unbeaten instead of going off of the assumption that Georgia would beat ND head to head.

Based on their selection history, I feel we'd never see 3 teams from the same conference unless it expanded to 8 teams, and I feel we'll see 2 teams if it's like it was a couple of years ago, and the selection for the #4 spot is between a 1 loss team that didn't win their conference, and a team with 2 or more losses. Based on that, I could see a situation where LSU goes 11-1, but losses a close game to Alabama on the road and gets the #4 spot if there's no clear selection by an unbeaten or at least 11-1 P5 conference winner.

So this year, based on resume, don't be surprised if we

Sep 23, 2019, 12:24 PM

don't get ranked #1. Sure we are killing teams, but the level of competition week in and week out is not very impressive.

Message was edited by: RC Tiger®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Both Auburn and Florida will have 2 or more losses before

Sep 23, 2019, 12:20 PM

the end of the regular season. Florida is probably the most over-ranked SEC team in my opinion. They will lose at least 2 out of the 3 against LSU, Auburn, and UGA. Auburn's Bo Nix is OK but is not the freshman phenom the press is making him out to be - his passing is barely over 58%. Auburn's defense is legit but can they hold up for 4 quarters against some of the offenses they will face (i.e. Alabama and LSU). Speaking of LSU - they had better find some defense or they could easily end up with 2 losses as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the time of year when people start talking about

Sep 23, 2019, 12:58 PM

how to handle 4 undefeated teams along with 6 others with one loss. Last year every week some idiot posted how we wouldn't get in due to all the other undefeated teams that were "better" than us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2019, 1:01 PM

You're making those SEC teams tired just talking about it. They're beginning to feel overworked and underpaid.

I don't see the SEC getting more than two teams in

Sep 24, 2019, 10:23 AM

under any circumstance. But then again, I see Georgia stubbing their toe somewhere along the line, so when they lose to either Bama or LSWho in the SEC Champeenship game, two losses knocks them out. That means that you would have to have a one loss either Bama or LSWho as the second SEC team in. For that scenario to happen, their regular season meeting would have to be an instant classic. Everyone who hated the BCS recalls the LSU / Bama rematch in the Natty from years ago. Probably the most boring Natty game of all time, following a boring defensive regular season matchup. So, they would have to bring something special to the table to make anyone want to sit through it twice this time around. There are too many exciting offensive teams (Us and Oklahoma come immediately to mind) that would make for much more compelling games.

OH, and those two teams would also have to beat everybody else on their schedule, which is also not a complete given.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't see the SEC getting more than two teams in

Sep 24, 2019, 10:32 AM

How are they going to deny Oklahoma or O310 if they are undefeated at the end of the season and conference champs?

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,823
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic