Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Basically this is what I get from ND fan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Basically this is what I get from ND fan

Dec 23, 2018, 10:47 AM

logic:

They are ND

They failed on a 2 pt conversion 3 yrs ago in a game where it only rained on their team.

They beat Syracuse by a larger margin than we did.....us beating Pitt by a larger margin doesn't count because it was raining there too.

ND fans don't like rain.

Sound about right?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Basically this is what I get from ND fan

Dec 23, 2018, 10:48 AM

Sprinklers will be on at Jerry’s world

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2018, 10:59 AM

According to them, water gives us superpowers. They don't realize that true winners win in all weather.

Dec 23, 2018, 2:05 PM

Well I thought that they believed that it only rained on them when they had the ball, and when we had the ball, we had a bright sun shinning down on us with it still pouring down rain on their D, and they couldn't get their footing!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2018, 10:49 AM

Well I wonder what the excuse will be since it does not rain in Jerry's World?

Dec 23, 2018, 2:10 PM

It will be raining on them bc when they have the ball, the roof will be open, and when we have the ball, they will close the roof!!! Plus our fans will be issued cow bells and sirens for when their offense is on the field!!! The world is against ND in their minds!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2018, 10:50 AM

When we beat them by 2 or 3 touchdowns in Dallas, get ready for the " It was too dry in the stadium" excuse.

How bout..those Baptist, Methodist & Epissy’s bunched up & jumped us!

Dec 23, 2018, 10:57 AM

??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How bout..those Baptist, Methodist & Epissy’s bunched up & jumped us!

Dec 23, 2018, 2:02 PM

They better have a long prayer before doing that bc, it could get really ugly!!!

Dec 23, 2018, 10:55 AM

And their Leprechaun is Magically Delicious.
BuzzPaw Road Trip?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, that stands to reason.

Dec 23, 2018, 11:20 AM

They haven't reigned in so long they've forgotten how good is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2018, 11:31 AM
52329.jpeg(189.4 K)

Leave the dome open Jerry!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They played Cuse without Dungey. Which is like

Dec 23, 2018, 11:37 AM

playing Louisville without Lamar Jackson. Not quite to the same extent, but still a very big game changer for them. He is the identity of their offense.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TigerNet reminds me of LandThieves.com circa Dec 2014

Dec 23, 2018, 11:39 AM

Clemson just has to show up and win. Hope it's that easy for those in the orange britches.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2018, 12:17 PM

It would be the most hilarious prank if somehow the sprinkler system did come on, even if only during warmups...

Seriously, if we can contain book, keep our DE’s on the line, have our Backers play smart and our backend compliment each other then we should win. Dline needs to be patient and please clog the passing lanes and get them big ole mits high in the sky- and at least make him beat you with a super throw.

U5c beat us in the seam but they also did a great job keeping the throwing lanes open and hit the quick slants etc. my gut perspective says that’s how ND will try to control the chains and beat us. They’ll try to shorten the game.

We’ve got to be patient on offense and use what’s open. And please, lose the bubble screen until the second half... and if Galloway drops a ball over the middle- don’t abandon the play. Go right back to him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2018, 12:23 PM

Is that you Dabo?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2018, 12:30 PM

If it is, then you should have at least given him a TU lol.

No, but actually just what I think from reading the other articles and Clemson sites /stories etc from peeps that know a heck of a lot more than me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2018, 1:02 PM

It all sounded good to me so here’s a TU for good measure. And in case you are Dabo, keep up the good work!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2018, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Basically this is what I get from ND fan ]

Absolutely, the coots run a lot of spot pass plays across the middle and slants that allowed Bent Up to get the ball out fast before he got clobbered.

ND will not play that type of game. They are going to man up and challenge us with Ian Book and his legs. And their D will come at Trevor with Blitzes coming from every direction, and our OC's has to have a plan to get the ball in ETN's hands in different ways other than straight up hand offs bc of the blitzing of TL, ETN will get trapped off by the blitzing bc, ND do have a decent D Line, and it will be important to get the ball in ETN's hands other than the QB/RB exchange I think. We should pass on plays we usual run, and run on plays we usually pass on occasionally to try and keep their D confused. The best play in a game, is the play that the D do not expect!!!

TL will have to use his legs a little for quick dump passes or some option plays, or by the forward lateral pitch to ETN or Dixon. It will be up to our OC's to have a plan to slow ND's blitzing down bc Kelly and their DC will come after TL until we force them to stop, or it can be a long day. I know Tony Elliot is a force your will type OC, but he do need to get creative for TL's sake bc he is a gamer, and I would hate to see him get mauled all day bc someone is just hard headed!!!

Dec 23, 2018, 12:18 PM

That is the way that fan base rolls, and I've read and heard all those same excuses made and used when listening to the know it alls, and reading what the know it alls have to say.

Please don't mention to them that when they beat Cuse, that they beat a severely injured Cuse team by Cuse losing their starting QB Eric Dungey in the 1st Qtr of the game.

They beat Tommy DeVito, a Red Shirt freshman backup QB without much experience at all for 3 full quarters. ND did not beat the best team that Syracuse has when their starter Eric Dungey is in the game for 4 full quarters!!!

Don't mention to the ND fans or the the know it alls as a matter of fact, that when they are comparing their score and our score against Cuse, that they beat a much weaker Cuse team without Eric Dungey. And that we beat the best team Cuse has with Eric Dungey playing all 4 quarters. And we beat the best team Cuse has after our starting QB goes out of the game in the 2nd quarter, and our backup QB Chase Brice led our team to an amazing come from behind win being two scores down!!! They only want to compare the ending scores without hearing anything about the two totally different circumstances!!!

Let them talk, our Tiger team and our fan base will do our talking after we beat their A$S on December 29 2018. Keep talking rainbow chasers, there won't be a pot of Gold at the end of this Orange, White, and Purple Clemson Tiger team!!! Trevor Lawrence has some magic of his own that he will show you!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Dec 23, 2018, 12:26 PM

Totally agree. Cuse lost a lot of steam after we snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. Our game was their season. ND game would have been a big W and I know they wanted to win but our game was THE game for cuse.

ND was ooc. Good post!

Dec 23, 2018, 12:40 PM

sounds right,but what is more telling is that we lost TL on a cheap shot and were able to win with a back-up qb.'cuse got beaten up.ND will be facing an opponent now with 2 excellent qb's.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 23, 2018, 1:47 PM

Absolutely, and some may think differently but, I think that Chase is a tougher runner than TL. Chase will put his head down and he will or will try to run over people!!! He may not have the arm strength that TL has, but he is pretty accurate with what he do have. Personally, I think that we have the best Backup QB in College FB, and with the playing time and experience he has gotten since he proved himself against Cuse, I believe that Chase is even better than Jalen Hurts as a true QB!!!

Dec 23, 2018, 10:17 PM

think you're right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Well, they do only believe in infant sprinkling,

Dec 23, 2018, 12:58 PM

not adult believers' immersion, so they may have a point. They just can't handle a lot of water. Guess I'll be prayin' for a toad-stranglin' sin-washin' flood Saturday. Dabo certainly know how to be baptized, and also win in the rain.

Re: Well, they do only believe in infant sprinkling,

Dec 23, 2018, 1:07 PM

+1 -that’s gold!

This is what I get from ND fans...

Dec 23, 2018, 1:11 PM

They are ND.

Nothing else matters.

We beat Pitt AND Wake by larger margins

Dec 23, 2018, 1:23 PM

and played more players in both games than they did.

They played Syracuse without Dungey.

We played Syracuse the week KB quit the team. That was the most distracting practice week we had all season.

Our new starter got hurt and had to leave the game.

Our 3rd String QB took over the game and team rallied around him (well, after he went to the locker room and threw up at halftime - I'm guessing).

So if Syracuse is the game they want to compare, I'll still take it. I believe our offense would score 7 or 8 TD's on Cuse if we played them this week.

Six more days and we won't have to speculate any longer.

Re: We beat Pitt AND Wake by larger margins

Dec 23, 2018, 1:55 PM

If Dungey and TL would have been out of the game from the 1st quarter, Brice could have scored 40 on Cuse bc our D would have eat their backup QB's breakfast, lunch, and dinner from beginning to the end!!! They probably would have had to use their 3d string QB from our D clobbering their 2nd string QB!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Tigers will crush ND.

Dec 23, 2018, 1:27 PM

Best opponent we could possibly get.

ND's offense is terrible. Tiger D comes home with another shutout.

Re: Tigers will crush ND.

Dec 23, 2018, 1:59 PM

It could be like that but, our D do sometimes have problems defending running QB's!!!

Re: Tigers will crush ND.

Dec 23, 2018, 4:49 PM [ in reply to Tigers will crush ND. ]

Finke, their slot guy, is very quick with great hands. He could be Hunter Jr.

Book is Kelly Bryant-like, or Kellen Mond at buying time but then actually throws the ball-- usually pretty accurate, definitely catchable passes.

Boykin also has great hands.

They use a lot of TE looks. TEs frequently give our safetys trouble.

Dexter Williams has good speed and power but takes forever to get to the edge.

OL has good size and power.

Lots of football IQ there.

However, not a lot of speed there. Anywhere. (Almost). Our DL should disrupt every blocking scheme they run (except misdirection) by beating the blockers to the spot. Our DTs are usually very good at collapsing the pocket without leaving scramble lanes. Book should not have much time and can be pressured to make poor throws into traffic--an easily catchable pass is also interceptable. Our DBs should be able to run with and cover their tall guys. The key will be our LBs: if we are kept off balance by creative playcalling, we might give up 3-4 scores, 16-24 points. However, i think we impose our will and force Book to try to beat us. I think we start slow but come on in the second and third and finish Tigers 38-17.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic