Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Baseball Hitting Statistics
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Baseball Hitting Statistics

Apr 13, 2019, 8:47 PM

I admit that I am not an expert on hitting so I would like to read some SERIOUS DISCUSSION concerning Clemson’s
hitting problems. The team batting average seems low and not improving much over the last few years. These are the team averages over the last 5 years: 2015(288), 2016(273), 2017(282), 2018(253), and 2019(262),
Are these averages consistent with other top tier teams? If they are not in line with other teams what do you think needs to be done for the Tigers to improve?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Baseball Hitting Statistics

Apr 13, 2019, 8:55 PM

Batting coach ding ding!

Apr 13, 2019, 9:16 PM

There is a BIG difference in hitting and hitting when it really counts! Baseball is all about getting baserunners and advancing them around the bases. Every coach has his own system and they are all correct.... provided you have the talent in place. The easiest, and certainly most exciting, is home runs. But only a few teams can send a guy to the plate with the skills to hit homers consistently. This Clemson team that I have watched lacks that ability through most of the line up. And when you try, bad things can, and often do, happen,

Apr 13, 2019, 9:39 PM

FORESTTIGER is spot on. Look no further than the Friday night game with FSU. 6 runs on 4 hits. Sharpe actually pitched a whale of a game but he made several mistakes in that 3rd inning. Loaded the bases with zero hits, all freebies.

He didn’t force contact with the first two batters and then he hit one. Gave up a free run with the sac fly. I hated the challenge at that point. He had a base open and had two outs. Then he served one up being behind in the count and a good three hole batter did what they were supposed to do, made him pay with a 3 run homer.

One thing we desperately need to improve on is having our hitters learn how to go the opposite direction. At times I’ve seen our batters try to do that but they tended to force the issue and guide the ball or plunge at the ball trying to go opposite when they should be using their normal swing and just swing through the ball a fraction latter.

Hitting the opposite direction or punishment of a shift is waiting on the ball, not changing your swing. I’m not sure if that’s even being taught anymore but the best mlb hitters in the game can do thst at will.

If beer gets taught that by a good coach and can adapt his technique, he’ll be feared like pulhose? Or an arod etc.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic