Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Baseball Expectations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Baseball Expectations

Jun 4, 2018, 8:41 AM

Think one of the biggest problems with fans of any sport are their expectations. Should Kansas football fans expect CFPs? No. Should UNC basketball simply hope to make the NCAA tourney? No.

Seems some Clemson baseball fans expect the CWS every year, while some seem to have very small goals.

I believe Clemson is a top 15 program and thus should have realistic but tough goals.

1. Make the tourney every year.
2. Host a regional 3 of 4 years.
3. Make a Super 2 of 4 years.
4. Win a Super/make the CWS once every 4 years.

The program has obviously struggled with 3 and 4. I’m not one to criticize players, but coaches should be questioned when expectations aren’t met in almost a decade (Jack was a big part of that). Monte is still pretty new but 3 and 4 need to happen soon.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Baseball Expectations

Jun 4, 2018, 8:56 AM

I think the expectations should be make the CWS every year and eventually win it. If not every year, then at least every other year. With the location and conference we're in, recruiting should be no problem. We may not have a CWS title, but Clemson baseball is a very prestigious program. There is good Athletic Department funding, top of the line facilities, and a die hard fan base. Clemson should expect no less than the absolute highest standard in baseball and that's why it's so disappointing and frustrating not to have that.

That's just not a realistic expectation

Jun 4, 2018, 9:21 AM

Maybe you meant goal or something instead of expectation, but to expect to make the CWS every year (which nobody even comes close to doing) just isn't fair to Monte or the team.

Re: That's just not a realistic expectation

Jun 4, 2018, 10:49 AM

I guess goal would be a more apt word. I think that's just what we should be striving for every year

The only expectations a college sports fan should

Jun 4, 2018, 8:57 AM

Have are:
School follows the rules
Kids are going to class
If you buy tickets, you should expect your seat to be empty when you show up.

Fans are constantly pretending to be athletic directors and coaches. If clemson fails to meet our pretend expectations, it is our fault.

If you truly have a grievance, call/email the AD with your IPTAY number and give them an ear full. If you don't have an email number you can call as well...I wouldn't listen to you but the ad may.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jun 4, 2018, 9:36 AM

Honestly I believe this years team overachieved a little considering we had an almost entirely new pitching staff. Monte has us moving in the right direction. This years team peaked too soon. Remember even with a Kris Benson led pitching staff we didn't win it all, Thats what makes baseball fun its truly an anyone can win on any day sport.

Jun 4, 2018, 10:34 AM

Expectations at Clemson for baseball should be high. No, your not going to make the CWS every year. I do think it's attainable every 5 years or so. If you are hosting a regional, there is a pretty good chance you're a 1 seed and should move on. With that said, good pitching will silence good hitting any day. We have 1 pitcher that may be drafted within the first 10 rounds (Riley Gilliam). Pitching needs to be priority on the recruiting trail. I just hope Lecroy and Seay are good evaluators of talent on the mound, if not we are in a heap of trouble.

Jun 4, 2018, 11:15 AM

Mine are to compete for an ACC championship every year and win the regular season or tourney once every 3 years, to host a regional EVERY year (look at FSU), to win the regional half of the time, and to be in Omaha once every 5 years. Are my expectations too high or realistic?

Jun 4, 2018, 11:41 AM

you left out one......how about not getting embarrassed on your home field while hosting a regional.....please add to your list.......Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic