Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bama was "beat up" from their regular season......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Bama was "beat up" from their regular season......

Jun 13, 2019, 6:04 PM

So sick of hearing the "beat up" BS!

At the end of the regular season, Alabama, the so called "greatest team ever" was leading the nation in margin of victory by an average of 35.5 points!

Consider this:
NO team in AMERICA had more OPPORTUNITY to develop quality depth than ALABAMA
No team in AMERICA had the opportunity to sit out their starters in the second half of EVERY GAME!!!
(Clemson didn't --see Syracuse game)

In their toughest regular season game, a 24-0 win against Miss State, Tua Turntheballova sat out most of the 2nd half.

College FB Team Average Scoring Margin
More Team Stats...
Season: Date:
12/01/2018
Rank Team 2018 Last 3 Last 1 Home Away 2017

1 Alabama +35.5 +28.0 +31.0 +33.0 +38.4 +22.8

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

All the ESPN pundits, talking heads and Finebaum callers

Jun 13, 2019, 6:13 PM

were vociferous in proclaiming this 'Bama team as probably the greatest college football team ever. The first string---especially Tua---never played in the second half. They were crushing every team they played----particularly when they got into conference play---at least Citadel gave'em a run for their money for a while. Thats where the whole "ROY Bus" comment came from....

All the crow the zillion redneck SEC-sycophants had to eat has given them grumpy indigestion......

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They'll really be beat up after this coming season . . .

Jun 13, 2019, 6:40 PM

when they face a muderer's row consisting of NEW MEXICO STATE, SOUTHERN MISS, TENNESSEE, ARKANSAS, and WESTERN CAROLINA. Throw in perrenial powerhouse OLE MISS (5-7 last year, #58 in ESPN's own final Football Power Index), and I don't see how they'll even be able to field a team.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: They'll really be beat up after this coming season . . .

Jun 14, 2019, 9:22 AM

You forgot, they have to play the coots too.

Re: Bama was "beat up" from their regular season......

Jun 13, 2019, 6:55 PM

I'm on the opposite side....

I love the excuses and I hope they never stop. Highly entertaining whether they're new ones or recycled... Keep'em coming SEC!!

Jun 13, 2019, 7:03 PM

Maybe they should rotate more players.

sec garbage

Jun 13, 2019, 7:06 PM

These are also the same people who said that Trevor Lawrence would not be able to handle the alabama defense. When their predictions and expectations didn't happen, they started making excuses.

This really reminds me of the last presidential election when everyone predicted and expected hillary to win and didn't. People started making excuses and suppositions.

^ And, when they (Bama & Hilliary) lose..

Jun 13, 2019, 7:15 PM

they get mean & say some crazy, wild & hurtful sheet..even towards DaBO.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^ And, when they (Bama & Hilliary) lose..

Jun 13, 2019, 7:58 PM

The poor babies. :(

Re: I don't know about the regular season

Jun 13, 2019, 9:06 PM

but Bama sure got beat up in the last quarter of their last game.

Don't you mean the last THREE quarters???***

Jun 13, 2019, 9:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Minus a few seconds, but who's counting...;~)***

Jun 13, 2019, 9:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Notre Dame gave s a better game

Jun 14, 2019, 6:57 AM

Enough said.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2019, 7:28 AM

If it wasn't for the Citadel, Bama would not have had any competition during the regular season. I heard they had to play their starters in the 3rd!

Saban has never liked to play a ton of guys on defense

Jun 14, 2019, 9:46 AM

and i think this was particularly true last year as his defense, for much of the year, was failing to live up to typical Saban/Alabama standards.

That approach usually works out for him, but I think that probably backfired last year.

Jun 14, 2019, 9:55 AM

I agree 100%. The fact that they didn't give their backups quality experience should be looked at as a failure in coaching. Saban "The Great" is a fantastic coach in many ways but that was a critical mistake.

You mentioned Syracuse being close, but did not mention the fact that our young players were still playing even though it was close. Chase Brice when forced into action performed admirably, and XT essentially put an end to Syracuse's hopes.

That's why I laugh when people talk about what we lost to graduation and the draft compared to Alabama. The young men that we have stepping in already have seen quality snaps. The only time Alabama backups have seen the field when the game meant something, they had Saban's rear end blocking their view.

Jun 14, 2019, 10:27 AM

W

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Jun 14, 2019, 10:33 AM

With Bama only playing tau in the first half that was a great opportunity to play their 2/3 and 4th strings. If they had done that their defense wouldn’t have been so gassed by the first quarter. We were down two players in Dex and Galloway and yet we played a minimum of 54 players and we started substituting players in the firsts quarter. By late first quarter their star players on defense were leaning over with their hands on their hips. Just laugh at their excuses. They play an easier schedule than we do by far

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

The rest of the country saw Clemson curb stomp Bama too.

Jun 14, 2019, 12:34 PM

Nobody is buying any of the excuses and crying except SEC homers, and even some of them were happy to see Saban and the Crimson Turd get their ##### handed to them.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic